Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 08:05 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,020,337 times

Advertisements

I wonder how long she waited for him to come back from the restroom? LOL!!! And the wait-staff probably laughing at her behind her back. Serves her right!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2015, 08:13 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,833,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I would have gotten a cab and left if you had done that to me. Maybe you're not aware of it, but a woman's purse is considered no-man's land. You don't ever touch a woman's purse, unless she asks you to. And I don't treat people like they are children and take their phone away. I simply ask them to put the phone up, and then leave if she doesn't.
I would have too..I wouldn't have "RESPONDED WELL" to that action...cripes my husband doesn't even go in my purse!!!

Old 01-20-2015, 09:29 AM

451 posts, read 565,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
A buddy of mine was telling me about a dinner date he had last Friday. He says that during the appetizer (the main course hadn't been even served yet) his date's cell phone went off and she took the call. This woman talked during the salad, into the entree, halfway through the meal, he said. Obviously, not a business call or emergency, as the woman at one point began laughing like a hyena on the phone. He excused himself, telling her that he had to use the men's room - and just split! About an hour later, she calls his phone (he ignores it), and left him some nasty messages on his voicemail. I personally don't blame him for taking off; I think that what she did was very rude and inconsiderate! When you're on a date, unless it's an emergency, don't answer the damn phone!
I did the same exact thing. Literally. In fact, is it me you're talking about? lol.

Only this happened years ago in college. Went out with a girl to a restaurant. She talked on her phone like the entire time. Well, it started as texting on our way to the restaurant and then she answered a call just as we walked in. She blabbed and blabbed. I was literally shocked that someone would answer her phone and continue to talk through the dinner service (as was our waitress). When our entrees were served I quickly wolfed it down and excused myself to the bathroom. I paid my half of the bill + tip and took off (I drove her there). Turned my phone to silent and awoke the next morning to about 5 voicemessages and numerous calls. I sent her a text that morning with a simple message telling her to get off her damn phone next time.

We met on campus and walked past each other a few times. The dirty looks she gave me were priceless.

Last edited by latino_esq; 01-20-2015 at 09:30 AM.. Reason: editing

Old 01-20-2015, 02:29 PM

22,422 posts, read 29,572,369 times
I would have said either the phone call or me. Period

Old 01-20-2015, 06:09 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,419,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latino_esq View Post
I did the same exact thing. Literally. In fact, is it me you're talking about? lol.

Only this happened years ago in college. Went out with a girl to a restaurant. She talked on her phone like the entire time. Well, it started as texting on our way to the restaurant and then she answered a call just as we walked in. She blabbed and blabbed. I was literally shocked that someone would answer her phone and continue to talk through the dinner service (as was our waitress). When our entrees were served I quickly wolfed it down and excused myself to the bathroom. I paid my half of the bill + tip and took off (I drove her there). Turned my phone to silent and awoke the next morning to about 5 voicemessages and numerous calls. I sent her a text that morning with a simple message telling her to get off her damn phone next time.

We met on campus and walked past each other a few times. The dirty looks she gave me were priceless.
Lol, so she didn't even have the guts to apologize to you?

This is the sad thing, though. It's like they don't even think they were in the wrong for doing it.

Old 01-21-2015, 02:20 AM

44,258 posts, read 64,518,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Get over yourself. Like I said, while I agree with you, emergency calls DO HAPPEN. The whole world doesn't revolve around you and your feelings...

What if the phone call was about a family member of hers going to the hospital due to an accident or something? You'd leave on the spot, and then she'd consider you a d!ck afterwards (and for good reason).
Yeah, right.
Suddenly, everyone is full of emergencies.
Put it on vibrate.
If it rings more than twice, check it out.

My phone (and many others) have it where you can put on silence and it only breaks through if the same number calls twice in 5 minutes.
Y'all need to get over yourselves.

Old 01-21-2015, 02:32 AM

688 posts, read 899,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berrie143 View Post
And that is why I hate this era of cell phones...
A little overreaction, no?

It's likely that you'll never run into this problem on a date. However, agreeing with the OP, this is terribly rude. If it were an emergency, that's one thing, but to carry on a conversation throughout the date, unreal. I would also have left her sitting there to think about why I left and perhaps she can learn something about manners.

Old 01-21-2015, 02:35 AM

688 posts, read 899,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Other than that, what exactly did he "teach" her? She had no clue she was being rude by being on the phone so how in the world would she even think that he left because she was on the phone?

Before anyone can be taught a lesson they have to first know what the subject of said lesson is.
If she couldn't put two and two together, perhaps next time she can date somebody closer to her level of intelligence... like a monkey.. or a toaster.

Old 01-21-2015, 05:33 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,787,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latino_esq View Post

It really is staggering how insensitive and self-absorbed people can be. I commend you for paying your share rather than dining and ditching like the OP's friend.

Old 01-21-2015, 09:15 AM

23,176 posts, read 12,299,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
My phone (and many others) have it where you can put on silence and it only breaks through if the same number calls twice in 5 minutes.
Y'all need to get over yourselves.
I want to know what messages or calls are waiting. I'll check my phone now and then. Anyone who decides that 59 out of 60 minutes of my undivided attention is not enough can get over their self-centered azz. People need to realize the world is not all about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships