Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 03:50 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,211,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Yes but is she as well off as Low On Luck? After all, she has two houses so maybe she'll give you one?
Truth be told, Ms. Lowonluck sounds like a high maintenance princess that I'd like to avoid. Even I probably couldn't live up to her standards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2015, 03:52 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
Truth be told, Ms. Lowonluck sounds like a high maintenance princess that I'd like to avoid. Even I probably couldn't live up to her standards.
Yeah she sounds like someone with entitlement issues. One of those who thinks nothing of abusing the system yet isn't like the rest who use welfare. Thinks she brings more to the table than she does. Reminds me of many of the men I dealt with online who offered little but wanted so much.

Old 01-27-2015, 04:03 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
What part of men have no idea that I get food stamps are you not grasping?

Men see that I drive a $40k+ fully loaded SUV and own 2 houses in an expensive state. If anything, men think I am loaded. Give my maiden name and they know I have wealthy parents. Really I come across as very affluent. Not at all trashy. I realize you do not know the real me, but your assumptions and projections are exhausting at this point.
This has to be the most hilarious post you've written so far.

So, is that how those local guys you didn't want to date due to their racial background managed to target you and think you'd be their sugar mama?

If you're from a wealthy family, why aren't they helping you out instead of letting their daughter collect public assistance?

Old 01-27-2015, 04:18 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,055,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
This has to be the most hilarious post you've written so far.
Within the most hilarious thread I've read in a long time.

Nah, no issues anywhere!

Old 01-27-2015, 04:27 PM

783 posts, read 849,786 times
Well not trying to sound mean or harsh. But when you get into the 40s it is like going through the left overs in the bargain bin. What is left are what other people didn't want or other people returned and put back into the recycle bin. Dating gets harder as you get older because a lot of the good ones have been taken.

Old 01-27-2015, 05:36 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
Well not trying to sound mean or harsh. But when you get into the 40s it is like going through the left overs in the bargain bin. What is left are what other people didn't want or other people returned and put back into the recycle bin. Dating gets harder as you get older because a lot of the good ones have been taken.
That's a pretty good analogy, I like it. Maybe that's why I tend to run into so many marriage minded guys. I am not great by any means, but I am also not bad... no mental health issues, in good physical shape, in good fiscal shape, have interesting hobbies like scuba diving, and most people seem like me when they meet me (say I smile a lot and come across as friendly). So maybe compared to the rest in the bargain bin, I look pretty darn good! Although in reality, I am still a "return" in the bargain bin, lol. Then again, so are the men considering me.

Old 01-27-2015, 05:47 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,888 times
Quote:
That is why I got to get school done so I can get back out in the dating scene.

Old 01-27-2015, 06:30 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,035,273 times
Quote:
Exactly! Add in that I am picky and it really is slim pickings. Crap I put up with in my younger days, is nonsense I avoid now.

And I don't need someone to live with me. When I say I want an equal, I don't want to have to pay every time we go out.

Old 01-28-2015, 02:34 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,729,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
That's a pretty good analogy, I like it. Maybe that's why I tend to run into so many marriage minded guys. I am not great by any means, but I am also not bad... no mental health issues, in good physical shape, in good fiscal shape, have interesting hobbies like scuba diving, and most people seem like me when they meet me (say I smile a lot and come across as friendly). So maybe compared to the rest in the bargain bin, I look pretty darn good! Although in reality, I am still a "return" in the bargain bin, lol. Then again, so are the men considering me.
I run into a lot of freshly divorced guys or some who are long-time divorced who are having trouble getting past the event. They are looking for unconditional acceptance, "fun" and certainly not a commitment.

Pass. I'm not looking to be "practice" or "Transition Girl" for anyone.

Also men who were single a long time, managed not to marry, and are reluctant to divulge the fact that in the autumn of their life, they are still averse to the idea of marriage.

Pass. They are a waste of my time.

So I don't think men in the bargain bin have any right to be overly critical of the women in there; they have their own issues.

Old 01-28-2015, 02:56 PM

21 posts, read 15,196 times
The fact that they're EVEN dating online is enough of a red flag.

Don't date online. It's for losers, and it's for people who aren't meeting the right people in REAL LIFE for a reason.

When someone is a MIDDLE AGED ONLINE DATER, it's even more sad that from all the years of living they had, they haven't progressed to the point of meeting women in real life. So they have less potential, like a 40 year old NBA Rookie, unlike the 18 year old who has many years of potential upside.

So the above answers the question in the original post.

Those middle aged online daters need to understand the principles of game instead of doing something that's widely regarded as something losers do, which is online dating. There's a reason there's a stereotype towards online dating, where people with plenty of real life options would avoid like a plague & avoid this embarrassment & desperation.

Last edited by Machine222; 01-28-2015 at 03:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships