Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 10:55 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Except for the ones who have no interest in having kids. And there are a fair number of those out there. If you believe these stereotypes apply to everyone, you're only limiting yourself.
I can't give you rep but would if I could. I am so tired of these stereotypes about older women. I was never firmly childfree but was on the fence about it. I figured if it was meant to be it would, otherwise I didn't care either way. Because I wasn't baby obsessed I took my time finding people and wasn't desperate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2015, 11:00 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSmith357 View Post
Single women, as they approach 40, especially if they have not had a kid go crazy... this is a documented fact, as some mythical clock is about to expire in their mind and they will do anything they can to settle down / get married / get pregnant before their clock expires and they have to go to Sanctuary (see if anyone gets this reference...)
Whooooaoaaaaa.

I am 38 and no clock ticks. And I have lots of gf's whose clock doesn't tick either.

Everybody has issues. Online daters, not online daters, and married people as well!

Old 01-27-2015, 11:13 AM

20 posts, read 17,518 times
I'm a younger woman getting into online dating and my biggest fear is the unknown of who I am meeting. I've read articles that say a womens biggest fear is meeting a serial killer and that certainly makes me cautious. BTW, mens biggest fear is meeting a fat girl

Anyway, just my concerns of going out with a guy I meet online. But I'll make sure to do my research on anyone I meet anyway!

Old 01-27-2015, 11:17 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,153,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSmith357 View Post
Single women, as they approach 40, especially if they have not had a kid go crazy... this is a documented fact, as some mythical clock is about to expire in their mind and they will do anything they can to settle down / get married / get pregnant before their clock expires and they have to go to Sanctuary (see if anyone gets this reference...)
Um, no. I never wanted kids, and never went crazy when I was single and 40. Sorry to burst your sweeping generalization bubble, but someone had to do it.

Old 01-27-2015, 11:19 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,035,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Sorry, but if you knew he was bipolar it was a very poor choice to have a child with him. Yes it is tragic your first husband died but that should have meant you were wiser about choosing someone better than baby daddy 2. However, like I pointed out before men who are decent on dating sites don't want women on welfare. They want women who support themselves. Trust me on this, most of the men I met were interested in knowing I could support myself.
I did not know he was bipolar until after his first breakdown. I was already pregnant with our son. I only took him back because he promised he would get treatment and on medicine. His second breakdown was much worse and he will never reenter our lives.

As i have told you, any men that I meet, only see that I am supporting myself. From appearance, no one would suspect that i get food stamps. Nor do I share this.

Old 01-27-2015, 11:22 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,211,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I did not know he was bipolar until after his first breakdown. I was already pregnant with our son. I only took him back because he promised he would get treatment and on medicine. His second breakdown was much worse and he will never reenter our lives.

As i have told you, any men that I meet, only see that I am supporting myself. From appearance, no one would suspect that i get food stamps. Nor do I share this.
So you didn't even know the guy long enough to know he was bipolar before you decided to have children with him? Wow!

I couldn't imagine having a child with someone before I even got to know who they were.

The more you type, the worse off your credibility becomes.

Old 01-27-2015, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post

But they will find out. Like I said, get yourself off food stamps and you will attract better men. Most men will run from a woman with two kids by two different fathers so you need to really be impressive, including a good job and good appearance. Okay maybe you didn't know he was bipolar but why did you have a child with someone you weren't married to, considering you already had a kid? That would make me more careful.

Old 01-27-2015, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
Um, no. I never wanted kids, and never went crazy when I was single and 40. Sorry to burst your sweeping generalization bubble, but someone had to do it.
Actually I know far more men who went crazy at that age versus women. When I did online the amount of men desperate to marry astounded me.

Old 01-27-2015, 11:29 AM

3,822 posts, read 9,477,031 times
I stand corrected on calling them mental issues, I totally get that bipolar is a mental illness and have deep sympathy for the few women I've met who have it. Stood next to someone for almost three years who was bipolar and helped to keep her in check. But when she quit taking her meds and got into a manic phase I realized that I just wasted all of my time and energy on her. Her mental illness is making her choose a path that will not end well. There is no way a woman would voluntarily pick the path my ex-fiance is on. So I'm probably too gun shy on women that seem like they might have a mental illness.

Anyways, going to take a break from the online dating and try some MeetUp singles groups for people my age. Always felt sleazy trying to message 10 different women in order to get one date. Think at one point I had 4 women that I was calling, texting & emailing trying to get them to agree to a meeting in person.

Old 01-27-2015, 11:32 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,729,262 times
I'm resistant to the idea of online dating at this time because it seems there is just too much of a situation where imperfect people somewhat blind to their own imperfections are seeking a fantasy level of perfection in others. Finding avenues to meet people IRL seems much more practical and realistic to me, personally. But then, being middle aged, I am somewhat staunchly "old-school" in my outlook and preferences.

For example, I believe I am an attractive woman. In online land, my appeal may be diminished because the eligible bachelor has hundreds of other women to focus on who may have the time, money and ambition to chase womanly airbrushed perfection. Where does that leave me, a woman who believes in keeping trim and fit, but not in nip and tuck?

Last edited by laorbust61; 01-27-2015 at 12:42 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships