Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 02:53 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,639,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
They shouldn't.
I agree. I never did.

Old 02-18-2015, 03:12 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
The guys who are VERY into kids that have this blanket dismissal of single moms are perplexing, but not the ones who don't really like kids.
Not really. It's simple evolutionary biology.

Old 02-18-2015, 03:56 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,264,758 times
Quote:
You are exactly the type of man who should not date a single mom. Do you want kids of your own or is this just a blanket dislike/disinterest in kids?

I've known guys who didn't like kids very much. Which is totally a normal thing. Not everyone is into kids.

The guys who are VERY into kids that have this blanket dismissal of single moms are perplexing, but not the ones who don't really like kids.

Because, if I don't like sports, I'm not gonna date a jock. Know what I mean?
The difference is you don't have to like sports or be involved in the guy's sport in order to date a jock. However, if you date a single parent you will have no choice but to be around their kid(s) if you want to be around the parent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Bacone View Post
Exactly. What possible other reason could there be for a man to have any problem dating single mothers? It makes no sense to me. What's so different about single mothers? They're like any other women.
Because they have KIDS!!! That is what is different. If I want to go to a club, out to eat, rock climbing, ride my motorcycle or anything else I just have to call my gf and find out if she wants to go, but if she had kids I wouldn't have that option and I sure won't pay for a babysitter when I could just date a girl without kids.

Old 02-18-2015, 04:38 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Not really. It's simple evolutionary biology.
I prefer my men a little more thinking minded.

Old 02-18-2015, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
The difference is you don't have to like sports or be involved in the guy's sport in order to date a jock. However, if you date a single parent you will have no choice but to be around their kid(s) if you want to be around the parent.

Because they have KIDS!!! That is what is different. If I want to go to a club, out to eat, rock climbing, ride my motorcycle or anything else I just have to call my gf and find out if she wants to go, but if she had kids I wouldn't have that option and I sure won't pay for a babysitter when I could just date a girl without kids.
But.... would you date a woman who didn't want you to meet her kids (unless you two got serious and were thinking marriage) and who paid for her own babysitter and/or had easy access to babysitting services?

How about one that had older kids so they didn't need a sitter?

Because I guess I see your point about ones that want you to play daddy, but who does that except women that are not worth dating anyway???

Old 02-18-2015, 05:35 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,264,758 times
Quote:
But.... would you date a woman who didn't want you to meet her kids (unless you two got serious and were thinking marriage) and who paid for her own babysitter and/or had easy access to babysitting services?
That would be pretty hard unless we never saw each other. Under the best case scenario the girl would probably have the kids every other week, but I don't see how I could offer anything more than a casual date unless I forgo sex. I did have interest in one girl that had a kid once, but she didn't have custody of the kid so it was a non issue.

Quote:
How about one that had older kids so they didn't need a sitter?
I don't know. I'm still decades away from meeting women that would have kids that old, so I really have no point of reference there. I think I would still be hesitant, but I really can't predict what I would do when I'm 40 or 50 though. I think the overriding issue at that point would be what type of women I am able to pull. I mean, if I'm attracting 30 yr olds w/o kids then I doubt I'm going to be trying to spend time with someone that has kids and is older. (Yes, yes I know older guys say they don't find younger women attractive, but until that happens to me I'm going to assume that I am the scientific norm.)

On the other hand, in the real world there are numerous variables that go into play. If I was 40-50 and got along with somebody looked like Tea Leoni, Dina Meyer, Jenna Elfman, or Jennifer Lopez, but had a kid I would probably date them over a 30 yr old w/o a kid. It all comes down to options.

Quote:
Because I guess I see your point about ones that want you to play daddy, but who does that except women that are not worth dating anyway???
Pretty much all single moms. Maybe (or maybe not) single moms that are 30, but definitely single moms that are in their teens and early 20's. I mean, if I want to go out then I want to go out. I don't want to hear "I don't have a babysitter, my kid has a school event, I'm taking my kids trick or treating". That just gives me the option of either paying for the babysitter myself, stay home with them and watch a movie, finding someone else to go out with, or going out by myself. Knowing myself, I'm going to still go out, probably meet another girl and then start going out with the new girl.

Old 02-18-2015, 05:39 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
I prefer my men a little more thinking minded.
Hahaha............Burn!

Old 02-18-2015, 06:42 PM

468 posts, read 483,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
No, that isn't obvious at all.
Good heavens.
He probably "chose" her because he fell in love with her.
I swear, so many people think this is about filling out a shopping list. It's about falling in love.

I can't speak for other wealthy man, but I do know this man enough to speak about the type of woman he likes and dates.
And I can tell you, he ONLY date women that have NO kids.

Sure he might fall in love with that 37 year olds (No kids) woman.
BUT prior to her, he dates other women too. And all the previous women he dated also have NO KIDS.
So this say something about him. This wealthy 40 years old man prefer women with NO kids.

Freaking, this guy is loaded with $$$ and fineeeeeee too.
That 37 year olds woman (who is not young anymore), passed her child-bearing age (she have no kids), yet got this 40 year olds wealthy man. Lucky woman, perhaps it fate.

Last edited by ishe; 02-18-2015 at 07:07 PM..

Old 02-18-2015, 06:49 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times
37 year olds are not past child bearing age.

Old 02-18-2015, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
That would be pretty hard unless we never saw each other. Under the best case scenario the girl would probably have the kids every other week, but I don't see how I could offer anything more than a casual date unless I forgo sex. I did have interest in one girl that had a kid once, but she didn't have custody of the kid so it was a non issue.

I don't know. I'm still decades away from meeting women that would have kids that old, so I really have no point of reference there. I think I would still be hesitant, but I really can't predict what I would do when I'm 40 or 50 though. I think the overriding issue at that point would be what type of women I am able to pull. I mean, if I'm attracting 30 yr olds w/o kids then I doubt I'm going to be trying to spend time with someone that has kids and is older. (Yes, yes I know older guys say they don't find younger women attractive, but until that happens to me I'm going to assume that I am the scientific norm.)

On the other hand, in the real world there are numerous variables that go into play. If I was 40-50 and got along with somebody looked like Tea Leoni, Dina Meyer, Jenna Elfman, or Jennifer Lopez, but had a kid I would probably date them over a 30 yr old w/o a kid. It all comes down to options.

Pretty much all single moms. Maybe (or maybe not) single moms that are 30, but definitely single moms that are in their teens and early 20's. I mean, if I want to go out then I want to go out. I don't want to hear "I don't have a babysitter, my kid has a school event, I'm taking my kids trick or treating". That just gives me the option of either paying for the babysitter myself, stay home with them and watch a movie, finding someone else to go out with, or going out by myself. Knowing myself, I'm going to still go out, probably meet another girl and then start going out with the new girl.
I was a single mom in my 20s and I was free on weekends. I had tons of family who loved to babysit. I had work and school during the week, and I spent my free time weekday evenings with my son.

I was fortunate not to date any guys then who insisted on me being able to go out every night of the week. With work and school, even if I hadn't had a child, I wouldn't have wanted to be out that much.

Men do understand a woman not being free 24/7 as they get older.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships