Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 07:21 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,970,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by village801 View Post
I think you're ignorant and delusional.

I believe that the choice is ultimately the woman's, but that the man (in any given situation) should have the opportunity to voice his thoughts, too.
He doesn't have the right until he knows it is his. You are fine. I am not saying you slept around but for all technical reasons and to allow you to make a clear headed decision, he can't possibly know it is his 100%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2015, 07:21 PM

111 posts, read 112,670 times
Quote:
I think you're ignorant and delusional.

I believe that the choice is ultimately the woman's, but that the man (in any given situation) should have the opportunity to voice his thoughts, too.
So you are willing to keep the baby if he wants to? That would be the only reason to tell him. I'm not delusional. I'm not the one who is knocked up, makes a public post on FB and is worried about baby daddy retaliating.

Good luck with that!

Old 01-31-2015, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-one9 View Post
So you are willing to keep the baby if he wants to? That would be the only reason to tell him. I'm not delusional. I'm not the one who is knocked up, makes a public post on FB and is worried about baby daddy retaliating.

Good luck with that!
I think you are being a bit too harsh. She is not in the right frame of mind. A lot has been going on so cut her some slack you know... She is only 19

Old 01-31-2015, 07:23 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:

Good luck with that!
Why do you keep saying that she made a post on Facebook about it? SHE didn't. HE is the one that went on her Facebook page and made a post about it. She didn't want anyone to know.

Old 01-31-2015, 07:24 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Looking at it from an outsider's perspective, if you weren't planning on keeping the baby and you were planning on breaking up with him, it might have been best to keep it to yourself. However, I'm just like the OP and would have told him anyway. Luckily, I'm pretty sure every guy I've been with would have supported my decision either way.

Old 01-31-2015, 07:24 PM

17 posts, read 10,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Go with your gut instinct on this. From what I read, he tried to manipulate and control you... and he broke your trust by posting to Facebook and telling your mother (in an attempt to control you). I would firmly end things with him and cut off all communication. He's not the type of man you want around, baby or no baby. And like others said, a lot of guys are all talk, but there are enough single, unwed mothers out there to point out that not all men keep their promises. Considering his behavior, I wouldn't trust him on this.

I can't, in good conscious, at least suggest putting the baby up for adoption. It's your right to choose whatever you want to do, but I didn't see you mention adoption in your considered choices (just keeping the child and abortion).
Of course I considered adoption, but I feel like that would carry out as many complications, if not more, than keeping the baby. Like I said, I've thought about this and thought about it and it's what I want to do. I'm very adamant in my right to choose because it's not only what's best for me, but I know that ultimately, it's best for everyone, including my family and boyfriend.

Old 01-31-2015, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
I think you are being a bit too harsh. She is not in the right frame of mind. A lot has been going on so cut her some slack you know... She is only 19
Good point. I agree she is not in the right frame of mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Why do you keep saying that she made a post on Facebook about it? SHE didn't. HE is the one that went on her Facebook page and made a post about it. She didn't want anyone to know.
Oh...I see. I thought she made it after he told her mother.

Old 01-31-2015, 07:26 PM

17 posts, read 10,275 times
Quote:

Good luck with that!
What are you talking about? I didn't post anything.

Old 01-31-2015, 07:28 PM

Quote:
What are you talking about? I didn't post anything.
I apologize I thought you said you posted the news on FB and then took it down later.

Old 01-31-2015, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Of course I considered adoption, but I feel like that would carry out as many complications, if not more, than keeping the baby. Like I said, I've thought about this and thought about it and it's what I want to do. I'm very adamant in my right to choose because it's not only what's best for me, but I know that ultimately, it's best for everyone, including my family and boyfriend.
You did the right and honorable thing. Like I said, technically, it may not be his. You have seen Maury right? But on a serious note, you did the right thing. Make a decision, stop worrying about how it will play out with others. Your BF betrayed you and I will be surprised if you keep him around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships