Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 12:22 PM

133 posts, read 212,305 times

Advertisements

Ok, I'm on match.com and get a lot of emails from guys..i went on one date with this guy who happens to be 5 years younger. I'm 32 and he's 27..usually, after my dates I'll get a text saying they had a good time and they want to go out again..ok,cool..good deal..after my date with him, he texts me the very next day wanting me to go to lunch..I stayed home from work bc I had drank a little too much wine..I told him I stayed home from work and I shouldn't be going out and also I had a massive headache..he said ok I'll come by in an hour and bring you soup..very sweet but once again I just wanted to lay on the couch not feeling well. He called me that night hinting about getting together that night..I said couldnt..then he asked me today to go to the arts show tonight downtown..problem is I have a date already..I told him "sorry I already have plans :/ what are you up to Sunday? He texted back kinda with an attitude he was already doing something..my question is why should I feel bad after one date with someone that I'm going out with others? I'm not in s relationship and this time around im going to date lots until I know for sure..btw we did kiss, cuddle, make out..but no sex..once again we were both drinking some wine..I don't need to hear about why I shouldn't drink on dates...why does this guy have an attitude now?? It was just one date!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2015, 12:31 PM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,343,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysky444 View Post
my question is why should I feel bad after one date with someone that I'm going out with others?
No you shouldn't feel bad.

Quote:
why does this guy have an attitude now??
Because he's an immature and insecure 27 year old guy would be my guess.

Have fun and don't worry about it.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:33 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,649,844 times
Unless/until you agree that the two of you are exclusive, you have nothing to feel bad about. He may not like it, but that is his problem.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:37 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,907,987 times
Good lord don't juggle, do you know how hard it is to do?

Lol

Old 02-20-2015, 12:40 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,299,053 times
Quote:
Ok, I'm on match.com and get a lot of emails from guys..i went on one date with this guy who happens to be 5 years younger. I'm 32 and he's 27..usually, after my dates I'll get a text saying they had a good time and they want to go out again..ok,cool..good deal..after my date with him, he texts me the very next day wanting me to go to lunch..I stayed home from work bc I had drank a little too much wine..I told him I stayed home from work and I shouldn't be going out and also I had a massive headache..he said ok I'll come by in an hour and bring you soup..very sweet but once again I just wanted to lay on the couch not feeling well. He called me that night hinting about getting together that night..I said couldnt..then he asked me today to go to the arts show tonight downtown..problem is I have a date already..I told him "sorry I already have plans :/ what are you up to Sunday? He texted back kinda with an attitude he was already doing something..my question is why should I feel bad after one date with someone that I'm going out with others? I'm not in s relationship and this time around im going to date lots until I know for sure..btw we did kiss, cuddle, make out..but no sex..once again we were both drinking some wine..I don't need to hear about why I shouldn't drink on dates...why does this guy have an attitude now?? It was just one date!!
He just wants to see you again. Blow it off. If he has a better attitude about seeing you later, see him again if you liked him.

I never cared for juggling guys, myself. But, if that's what you want, you should get used to this.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:40 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,736,274 times
Are you sure he knows you're going out with someone else and that's why he's upset? Maybe his plans on Sunday are to go out with someone else too? I mean, I get that he's annoyed, but not that this is definitely the reason. Maybe he just thinks you're avoiding him and have a lot of excuses not to see him.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:43 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,365,602 times
You shouldn't feel bad. But I do sense a tad of guilt from your post.

How would you feel if you gotten to really like a guy which happens to be dating multiple women?

Old 02-20-2015, 12:58 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,290,934 times
As long as everybody who deserves to know, knows what's going on, there is no foul. As it is, without commitment, you should be able to do whatever you want. However.....if you are the same female who posted about the guy who didn't call, whatever, then I'd say you are overcompensating. I mean, that you seem to want to put yourself in the position, where you won't get hurt. Unfortunately, that isn't something that you become overnight. And from what I recall, you wouldn't really fit the mold of someone who could casually date multiple men.....

Old 02-20-2015, 01:01 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,213,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
You shouldn't feel bad. But I do sense a tad of guilt from your post.

How would you feel if you gotten to really like a guy which happens to be dating multiple women?
They only went on one date though.

If they go on multiple dates, there will indeed be a day of reckoning, so to speak. OP will have to make a decision on one of them eventually.

Old 02-20-2015, 01:02 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,035,998 times
There is nothing to feel bad about in your situation.

Also, don't read too much into his reaction. Sounds like he REALLY wants to get together again, so that should be taken as complimentary. He just might be disappointed/frustrated since making plans has been a little difficult.

If you want to give it a second date, schedule something even if a number of days out. Otherwise, let him know your just not that interested.

BTW, I would have no expectation that someone disclose how many people they are dating in advance of or on a first date. Honestly, if it is a first date, I would naturally assume they are dating more than one person and were not just sitting at home for days/weeks/months waiting for me to walk by.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships