Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 01:03 PM

376 posts, read 318,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
You shouldn't feel bad. But I do sense a tad of guilt from your post.

How would you feel if you gotten to really like a guy which happens to be dating multiple women?

That's the question OP needs to ask herself. Empathy: it's in very limited quantities these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2015, 01:21 PM

1,510 posts, read 2,971,409 times
Questions:

Does he know that you're dating multiple people?
When you met him (online or in person), did you indicate that you're getting to know people and aren't interested in exclusivity right away?

If the answer to either is yes, then you have no personal responsibility or ownership for his reaction to your statements. To me, he seems to be coming on a bit strong. He might really like you though, and if that's the case there is every reason to believe that he simply is excited to see you again and was disappointed.

Not a red flag at this point, but definitely a "notice".

--Dim

Old 02-20-2015, 01:23 PM

159 posts, read 193,993 times
If you make out with a stranger on the first date it means two things to an average guy. First it means you really like him. the second conclusion is that your loose. Drunk is not an excuse for a woman your age. So after you make out with this guy leaving no real clues for him to understand, you blow him off three times for no valid reason. Why can't you just be honest and say your dating a few prospects and taking everything really lightly and his follow up doesn't feel light enough for where you are right now? You'd still like to hang out but only with the intentions of keeping it light. Tell him you like him and that he's charming and it got heavier than it should have but you don't want to be misleading. He has an attitude because your blowing him off without telling him the truth to your situation. There's nothing worse than a game player, I can see him reading that from your date to your attitude towards him after. If you can't have open honest conversations from the beginning when there is no emotions involved yet then you definitely won't have them later. If your just dating a guy with no intention of building anything, try not to make out with him on the first date it's very confusing. In my humble opinion if your just dating to be dating I hope your coughing up some money towards that check it's a better way to express your neutrality towards a date than making out and ignoring guys after. There's an expression that goes "A woman of class never stands on a line where you don't know if she's a friend a foe or a ho. Just sayin'

Old 02-20-2015, 01:30 PM

133 posts, read 213,463 times
Good points and to the one who said about overcompensating...yes, distracting with multiple people so not to get hurt again also to help the self esteem or ego that was cut due to the one who "disappeared" your good at analyzing..I agree with you all

Old 02-20-2015, 01:38 PM

52,430 posts, read 52,981,750 times
No, it was just one date.

Maybe all the kissing and "making out" and snuggling made him think you like him more than you actually might like him. I'm thinking from a guy's point of view, he probably figures you're into him and that's probably why he's got a bit of an attitude that he thinks you're blowing him off.

Course he's coming on a little too much too soon though.

Old 02-20-2015, 02:07 PM

12,585 posts, read 17,016,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysky444 View Post
Good points and to the one who said about overcompensating...yes, distracting with multiple people so not to get hurt again also to help the self esteem or ego that was cut due to the one who "disappeared" your good at analyzing..I agree with you all
Post #13 & #15 is your answer.

Be honest and up front with him and he is trying to hard too fast.

Old 02-20-2015, 02:42 PM

4,908 posts, read 14,184,188 times
Being on a dating site is indicative of dating multiple people until you find the one you click with ~ probably not a good idea to get drunk & make out on a first date.

I'm on a couple of sites myself; my luck runs toward meeting men who already know people I know so I get the lowdown early as to "just have fun, player & cereal dater" types. Due to a situation of dating someone at the end of last year who ended up having an "out of state" girlfriend, I have decided it's really important to ask questions, nicely of course, in regards to their dating status. Probably not a good idea to date "currently separated men either. Be upfront & keep calm & good luck!

Old 02-20-2015, 03:37 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,089,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysky444 View Post
Ok, I'm on match.com and get a lot of emails from guys..i went on one date with this guy who happens to be 5 years younger. I'm 32 and he's 27..
You're 32 years old?? You look 18! I can imagine you would get a lot of emails

Quote:
problem is I have a date already..I told him "sorry I already have plans :/ what are you up to Sunday? He texted back kinda with an attitude he was already doing something..my question is why should I feel bad after one date with someone that I'm going out with others? I'm not in s relationship and this time around im going to date lots until I know for sure..
Well, as long as all parties involved know what's going on and it is ok with them, I don't see a problem. How about two guys in bed at the same time, would you do that? Just kiddin.

Old 02-20-2015, 03:43 PM

8,925 posts, read 7,767,347 times
From what I see...you did go a little overboard with the kissing and making on the first date.

You probably gave off the impression that you are really into him, when this is more than likely just a rebound from your most recent relationship.

Personally I wouldn't date multiple people at one time. That can be quite stressful and feel like more of a chore rather than fun. I won't even go on a date with someone unless I was for sure that I liked them to begin with. I don't see dating as a way to MEET people. I would rather meet and talk to them and become friends at other places. (school, mall, etc.)

Again this is just how I feel. If you don't see a problem with and it makes you happy, awesome, just be careful not to lead anyone on.

Old 02-20-2015, 03:48 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,089,894 times
There sure are a lot of beautiful users on this web site
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships