Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 04:43 AM

11 posts, read 10,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
When I was 22 I went out on a date with a guy who was 30.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Same here when I was 22 dated a 29 year old
It's far more common in that direction (older man younger woman), though. It's less common in the direction the OP is wanting to go. I dated several 19-22 year-old women when I was 30-31, but I sure didn't have 30-31 year old women interested in me when I was 19-22. I'm not saying it's impossible by any stretch (see the aforementioned cougar reference), just that it's significantly less common.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2015, 05:51 AM

1,178 posts, read 1,361,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
The term originally came from middle-aged women preying on much younger men, because they would go to clubs wearing animal print.
Oh no! Really? I love animal prints. My mom did also. Shoot! I hope that folks don't look at me and think I am a cougar! I would hate to get rid of them.
Oh well...at least I don't go to clubs anymore.

Old 03-16-2015, 05:58 AM

1,225 posts, read 1,406,360 times
I am in my 30's and while I am attracted to younger men in the under-25 age group, I don't see myself EVER having a lasting relationship someone that young. I simply couldn't do it. Playing around is one thing; taking them seriously as a partner is entirely another story altogether. You'd have to be very secure and matured for your age to consider it.

27 I could possibly see.. don't attempt to find anything lasting with a woman over 30.

Old 03-16-2015, 06:16 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times
Quote:
The term originally came from middle-aged women preying on much younger men, because they would go to clubs wearing animal print.

Seriously?

Wow, beyond dumb, because Cougars don't have any pattern. They're a plain brown.

Old 03-16-2015, 06:21 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,281,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Seriously?

Wow, beyond dumb, because Cougars don't have any pattern. They're a plain brown.
Well it was a term created by Millennials, so...

Old 03-16-2015, 06:43 AM

50,830 posts, read 36,538,623 times
Quote:
Well it was a term created by Millennials, so...
Actually in Googling it I came up with other origins (which honestly make more sense than hoards of women all wearing "hunting gear" in the way of animal prints...)

Most of its popularity stems from a 2001 book by Valerie Gibson, called Cougar: A Guide for Older Women Dating Younger Men.
When seeking the origin of terms, lexicographers look for printed evidence. In hunting cougars – the term, not the women or the wild cats – I found a March 3, 2001, article in the Globe and Mail of Toronto which credits “cougar” to a Canadian website called Cougardate.com, which the story says was started in 1999. It is, as you have guessed, a website where older women can meet younger men.

The story given in that article is that one of the two women who founded the website was told by a nephew that the two ladies were like cougars in search of small defenseless animals. The nephew said he picked up the term from players on his hockey team. So, 1999 is the earliest probable date we have for the term and it’s fairly reliable.

Wiki goes along with the Canadian version.

Old 03-16-2015, 06:46 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,281,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Actually in Googling it I came up with other origins (which honestly make more sense than hoards of women all wearing "hunting gear" in the way of animal prints...)

Most of its popularity stems from a 2001 book by Valerie Gibson, called Cougar: A Guide for Older Women Dating Younger Men.
When seeking the origin of terms, lexicographers look for printed evidence. In hunting cougars – the term, not the women or the wild cats – I found a March 3, 2001, article in the Globe and Mail of Toronto which credits “cougar” to a Canadian website called Cougardate.com, which the story says was started in 1999. It is, as you have guessed, a website where older women can meet younger men.

The story given in that article is that one of the two women who founded the website was told by a nephew that the two ladies were like cougars in search of small defenseless animals. The nephew said he picked up the term from players on his hockey team. So, 1999 is the earliest probable date we have for the term and it’s fairly reliable.

Wiki goes along with the Canadian version.
That makes more sense.

It's still a dumb term though.

Old 03-16-2015, 08:18 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,659,591 times
Whatever you do, don't refer her to this site. Once she sees your ridiculous posts she'll run screaming the other way.

Old 03-16-2015, 10:04 AM

1,135 posts, read 2,192,956 times
Not to be tacky, but was at a cookout and ended up chatting nonstop with a "much older" 21 year old the entire time....a lot of same values, interests, liked same music, etc... Nothing there until he dropped to his knees and disappeared under my skirt. That changed things from Memorial Day til Labor Day. At the age of 40, I felt young for the first time ever. (missed it first time) So, to this day I have a weak spot for the younger ones with old souls. Nothing like feeling "alive" after a while. And yes, several have asked me out since and I live in a different state. I don't look, so maybe more are looking for older nowadays?

Old 03-16-2015, 05:20 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,209,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Professional View Post
One night
Hook up
Or serious doesnt matter
Actually I just went to a night club and had a one night stand with hispanic 31 year old i wish there were more people like her thou damn forgot her name and to get her number
Other than that I got really lucky
So basically you are looking to "experience" an older woman like she's a ride at Disney.

Forget it. Women can smell that mindset a mile away. Remember, an older woman has already been where you are, and has already had men your age. A ONS with you is not particularly new or exciting. She had a ONS with a 21-year-old 10 years ago. So unless you have something more to offer than your penis and a potential STD, you're going to be hard up for anything other than drunks, psychos, or women with extremely low self-esteem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships