Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 09:20 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,830,974 times

Advertisements

I would be okay with that. It's the ones who don't know how to stop that irk me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 11:53 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseLikeAnyOther View Post
I prefer men who have grown up and don't play silly games.
So pick up the phone and call.
If no one answers stop answering back.

Games take two to play.

Old 04-17-2015, 12:00 PM

90 posts, read 89,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
THIS.

Oh, my Lord..THANK YOU! I recently had a younger man approach me and ask for my number and tossed me this, "I'm so tired young women who act silly" Same guy proceeds to do NOTHING but text me. He has my number, he knows I'm single and all he wants to do is text. He is yet to ask me on a date. So he sees young women's "silliness and immaturity" but NOT his own.
Talk is cheap... This guy could simply have approached you as "sport." A game of "catch and release." Keeping you in his sights or on "the bench" so to speak in case something comes up. Giving you just enough attention where he's not forgotten, but you're not being bombarded. By no means do I condone this kind of crap, but I know it happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
So pick up the phone and call.
If no one answers stop answering back.

Games take two to play.
^This - Nothing wrong with reaching out and picking up the phone. I take this approach with women. I call, leave a message; if I don't hear back, the answer is already given and I move on. Simple...

Old 04-17-2015, 12:09 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:
It sorta takes a silly game player to even notice these things in the first place. How would you know that someone takes longer to reply than you did unless you're measuring time stamps? Why would you be counting days and tracking patterns?

Old 04-17-2015, 12:10 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,707,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessie425 View Post
it doesn't bother me at all, although I would like to hear from him every day......I just find it funny - it's like he's holding himself back from texting me every day and deliberately sending one every other day.
Then text him on an 'off' day.

Old 04-17-2015, 12:14 PM

914 posts, read 766,191 times
My guess is that he doesn't want to over do it Op.

Old 04-17-2015, 12:17 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
Grown-ups don't rely on their thumbs for communication.

Old 04-17-2015, 12:42 PM

237 posts, read 787,092 times
I agree it does seem almost like a game...like let me make her wait a day between texts. I feel I'm getting too old for this crap...sad part is, he's older than me! But this is nothing serious, so I'm mostly amused by it.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who has noticed this phenomenon. LOL

Old 04-17-2015, 12:43 PM

229 posts, read 244,740 times
I think the OP is over-thinking this... guy could be shy and not want to seem like he is coming on too strong... something a lot of women dislike

Seems we men cant win sometimes... too much and "we are smothering them", too little and "he's not interested in me" or my favorite "playing games" ???

Old 04-17-2015, 12:50 PM

237 posts, read 787,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezwacks View Post
I think the OP is over-thinking this... guy could be shy and not want to seem like he is coming on too strong... something a lot of women dislike

Seems we men cant win sometimes... too much and "we are smothering them", too little and "he's not interested in me" or my favorite "playing games" ???
Oh he's definitely NOT shy! that I can say for certain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships