Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 11:31 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,233,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
Wrong

I think it's fair to say that a good number of younger women will go for older guys just for resources and sexual skills.

Some may say well they're gold diggers, yeah, but they're young gold diggers. There's no incentive to date an older woman
What horsecrap. Last ex-SO was 10 years younger, ex-hub was 7 years younger, I've never had a relationship with a man more than 2 years older than I am in my life, usually they're at least 4 or 5 years younger, and the men who approach me range in age from mid-30s to about 60. I'm 48.

Resources? Pshaw, more women in college than men these days, and more women entering professions like medicine than men these days.

Sexual skills? I suppose some men assume they make up for diminishing hydraulics with their tongues, but that's usually not the case, and nothing will ever replace a good hard shag with a good hard man.

You don't seem to know too much about female sexuality, either. Most older men cannot keep up with a woman in her mid to late-30s. Plenty of threads about this on here.

Some serious delusions going on here, but if they comfort you, who am I to shatter them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
No, not really. Most fitness buffs build more muscle and are better toned post 30 than in their 20s. It's taken years or decades to build it.
I can kick my 25-year-old self's arse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2015, 11:42 AM

2,912 posts, read 2,450,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Thank for visiting my profile! But yes, I do have a clue. It doesn't take being old to understand that the muscle tone leaves the body with age. I don't care how serious of an exercise fanatic you are, your body will never have the same potential in your 40's as it did in your 20's. Capiche?
Wrong! At 48, I'm in as good condition if not better than I was in my twenties, and I also have more muscle tone. I still go to all day music festivals for three days in a row usually from noon until 1 in the morning standing in hot sun with a lot of walking. A few weeks ago, I did a 25 mile hike at Shenandoah Park in one day. Once again, as long as you continue to exercise and eat right, you can maintain the weight and muscle into your 40's and 50's and beyond.

Old 05-12-2015, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Plenty is a subjective term. People still far and away prefer an average 25 year old and their body to a 45 year old and their body. Skin gets wrinkled and cracked, sun spots are left on the skin, muscle tone leaves the body, hair becomes more dry and thin, crows feet become more prevalent, aging is unavoidable and only the wealthiest people or the ones who dedicate themselves to protecting their body against aging can really truly hide it.
"Plenty" means that each successive generation in the United States is fatter than the one before. Look around.

It's not difficult to protect your body against aging: Don't treat it like a garbage dump, don't pickle it, don't fry it in the sun, don't grow roots in a chair, don't deprive it of sleep.

Hmmm, I don't have many wrinkles. Or sun spots. I have one on my left cheek, that's about it, and I've had it since I was about 28. The joke is that I have a portrait of myself in the closet that I can never look at.

Cracked skin? You must be thinking of men. Women tend to be paranoid about that kind of thing, and use sunscreen and moisturizer. We're also not out working in construction or a field.

I suspect you don't know many women in their 40s. Which is actually another point: Men are notoriously bad at guessing how old people, male or female, are.

Old 05-12-2015, 11:48 AM

4,236 posts, read 8,169,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
What horsecrap. Last ex-SO was 10 years younger, ex-hub was 7 years younger, I've never had a relationship with a man more than 2 years older than I am in my life, usually they're at least 4 or 5 years younger, and the men who approach me range in age from mid-30s to about 60. I'm 48.

Resources? Pshaw, more women in college than men these days, and more women entering professions like medicine than men these days.

Sexual skills? I suppose some men assume they make up for diminishing hydraulics with their tongues, but that's usually not the case, and nothing will ever replace a good hard shag with a good hard man.

You don't seem to know too much about female sexuality, either. Most older men cannot keep up with a woman in her mid to late-30s. Plenty of threads about this on here.

Some serious delusions going on here, but if they comfort you, who am I to shatter them?

I can kick my 25-year-old self's arse.

It sounds like you're trying really hard to convince yourself. If women's sexual market value stayed the same there would be no need for mommy makeovers etc.

You are right on one point there are more women in college, but sounds like more women are shacking up with student loans with no ROI.

Old 05-12-2015, 11:50 AM

But anyway, the woman in question: Pretty, 136 men, no second dates.

It's her, not them.

3,201 posts, read 4,421,161 times
Quote:
The nursing home is going to be a strange place in 30-40 years.
thought provoking!

41,936 posts, read 37,092,024 times
Ha, the good old "Sexual Market Value" term has arisen.

Phew. I thought for a minute the kids reading, what is it called here? "Manosphere"? Blogs had gone on to better things. Oh well.

Old 05-12-2015, 11:53 AM

Quote:
It sounds like you're trying really hard to convince yourself. If women's sexual market value stayed the same there would be no need for mommy makeovers etc.

You are right on one point there are more women in college, but sounds like more women are shacking up with student loans with no ROI.
Nope! Just offering myself up as proof that you don't really know much about the subject. The fact that you continue to bring it up in completely unrelated threads suggests that you have an agenda. Believe me, 40-something women are not interested in 40-something men who are dopey enough to chase Millennials. Such men lose their appeal in the pathos, desperation, and delusion.

I was 25 once. 25-year-old women consider 40 to be old. There is no male equivalent of a MILF. It's just "pervert" and "dirty old man."

Old 05-12-2015, 11:54 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,460,847 times
Quote:
I know that some want to reject reality and subsitute their own, but when there are large age, gaps a vast majority of the time the male is older.
Nice quoting of Adam on "Mythbusters".

Quote:
Hmmm, I don't have many wrinkles. Or sun spots. I have one on my left cheek, that's about it, and I've had it since I was about 28. The joke is that I have a portrait of myself in the closet that I can never look at.
I have one wrinkle under my left eye. It appeared during my stint of not eating any processed food - which I eat very little of anyway, as a lot of it has yeast as a preservative, which I'm allergic to.

Quote:
Cracked skin? You must be thinking of men. Women tend to be paranoid about that kind of thing, and use sunscreen and moisturizer. We're also not out working in construction or a field.
My thumbs used to crack when I was younger; hasn't happened in years. I also am much wiser now about going out into the sun. I'd rather be the whitest white girl you've ever seen with my 70 SPF sunscreen than risk skin cancer.

Back to the article, in a way I don't think it's so farfetched for her to have met 136 men and not found "the one." If I think about all the men I've met in the last few years, whether it's through Meetup, speed dating, community ed classes, OLD, volunteering etc, whether looking to date or not, I'm sure the number far exceeds 136. Hers is just a concentrated method. Yes, I'm sure some were worthy of a second date, but the article doesn't say how many asked for a second date or how many she would've given a second chance to that didn't want to see her again, unless I missed it. Though I stand by my earlier comment she's looking for a unicorn - someone who perfectly checks off on her checklist and it's unlikely she - or anyone else for that matter - is going to find it.

Old 05-12-2015, 11:58 AM

2,912 posts, read 2,450,791 times
Quote:

Tell that to my 45 yo girlfriend who is in as good if not better shape than I am (no makeovers btw). Love all these generalizations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships