Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 09:18 PM

232 posts, read 251,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
My wife and I have no stated "policy." Neither of us has ever asked to "see" each other's cell phone.

I guess our policy is, we trust each other, have no reason to be suspicious, and therefore, do not spend any energy worrying ourselves with what the other is doing with their phone.
Same deal here. Married almost 14 years and together about 15 and had our own cell phones the entire time (imagine some of the outdated cell technology we've gone through together lol). We do not check each other's phones. Once a month I may answer it for him if his work is calling him for an emergency and he's in the shower. Neither of us have passcodes. Never have. We just trust each other. I've never scrolled through his phone and I doubt he's ever done that with mine. I think there's really deep issues going on if a person must have open access to their SO's cell and check it constantly i.e. cheating histories, insecurities, and etc. Those problems will eventually cause a couple to break up or have serious issues that must be worked through to avoid it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2015, 09:20 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calnbs View Post
My wife and I have nothing to hide from each other. We have access to each other's phone, email, text, and everything else. It's no big deal.
Here's the thing...

My husband and I don't have anything to hide and we do NOT have access to one another's private electronics.

And it doesn't bother me. At all. Doesn't bother him, either.

The truth is, if people are gonna pull a fast one, they can do it way easier if they have someone lulled into a sense of false security by being a supposed "open book."

People who are really up to something on the side, as has already been pointed out more than one time on here, will just go out and buy another phone. Damn, didn't any of you watch Breaking Bad?

LOL.

Old 07-26-2015, 09:22 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
I actually made that mistake of
trusting someone who really didn't deserve it.....
The dude had no moral compass.....
Lol hindsight is 20/20......
He totally wasn't worth it
Soo... your issue is that you had bad judgment?

Hell, sometimes, crap happens.

You might have had full access to "whatever" and it still would have happened.

One has to have faith that not everyone will be dishonest, and move on past it. It's unhealthy to be so paranoid.

Old 07-26-2015, 09:55 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,180,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Soo... your issue is that you had bad judgment?

Hell, sometimes, crap happens.

You might have had full access to "whatever" and it still would have happened.

One has to have faith that not everyone will be dishonest, and move on past it. It's unhealthy to be so paranoid.
Eh, I only mentioned it to illustrate that there are people who shouldn't be trusted...
The guy I'm with now is much more trustworthy, respectable & doesn't play games...
I trust him implicitly.

Old 07-26-2015, 09:57 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,234,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Mrs. Chow still has a flip phone and she wanted to use mine.... I have a smart phone... she couldn't figure out how to even get into it... so I'm pretty sure she's not perusing my phone logs or internet searches... but even if she was, I have nothing to hide............
Don't even get me started on trying to use a different phone! His will ring and he'll holler for me to answer it... all the while I'm staring at it, mystified and thinking "How???" But I'm too proud to admit such, so instead I cop a smart ass remark about hiring a receptionist. Aaaaand of course the whole time he's flapping his gums about how easy it is to use, and I'm shrieking "If it's so easy then you answer it!" Until the friggin thing finally goes to voicemail.

Old 07-26-2015, 10:03 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Don't even get me started on trying to use a different phone! His will ring and he'll holler for me to answer it... all the while I'm staring at it, mystified and thinking "How???" But I'm too proud to admit such, so instead I cop a smart ass remark about hiring a receptionist. Aaaaand of course the whole time he's flapping his gums about how easy it is to use, and I'm shrieking "If it's so easy then you answer it!" Until the friggin thing finally goes to voicemail.
lmao!

Old 07-26-2015, 10:05 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
I couldn't imagine going through another person's phone. I'm shocked at how often posters here mention it. If something untoward is going on, I'll find out about it soon enough.

Old 07-26-2015, 10:14 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
I don't understand the whole snooping and cell phone privacy thing.

I'm single but when I crushed on guys I never really felt the desire to snoop on their pages. If I did, I fought the urge to do so because I knew I was going to see something and it would turn into a huge misunderstanding, which would end up with me feeling really sad.

If I ever get into a committed relationship it won't be with someone who feels the need to go through my phone or feel the need to hide things from me ( not that I would want to look anyway.)

Old 07-26-2015, 10:16 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
I don't have any "private electronics." I just don't care. It's not private.

Old 07-26-2015, 10:18 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
This giving kids their "right" to privacy is a joke as far as I'm concerned..... you don't have any rights til your 18 and as far as I'm concerned you're a subjected citizen with no rights... LOL.... j/k..... sort of.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships