Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2015, 03:37 PM

73,032 posts, read 62,634,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by patches403 View Post
Virginity over the age of 30 for either gender would be very weird for me and probably a deal breaker. I say this because by 30, pretty much anyone who wants to have sex will have had sex, even if they aren't considered to be among society's more attractive members. Let's face it - for the vast majority of people the biggest pool of potential sexual partners they will ever in their lifetime have access to is when they're in their teens and 20s.

Beyond 30, unless someone is significantly physically or mentally disabled, if someone is still a virgin they almost certainly have some type of emotional and/or mental issues of the level that would require significant amounts of therapy and/or medication to resolve. Since I have no desire to get into a relationship with someone who has emotional issues or is mentally ill, I would likely pass on dating any over 30 virgins.

The only over 30 virgins I've known were either disabled, extremely socially inept because of mental issues, or 250 lbs overweight.
What about the people who believe in remaining virgins until marriage by religious beliefs?

Old 11-16-2015, 04:55 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,408,027 times
Quote:
Virginity over the age of 30 for either gender would be very weird for me and probably a deal breaker. I say this because by 30, pretty much anyone who wants to have sex will have had sex, even if they aren't considered to be among society's more attractive members. Let's face it - for the vast majority of people the biggest pool of potential sexual partners they will ever in their lifetime have access to is when they're in their teens and 20s.

Beyond 30, unless someone is significantly physically or mentally disabled, if someone is still a virgin they almost certainly have some type of emotional and/or mental issues of the level that would require significant amounts of therapy and/or medication to resolve. Since I have no desire to get into a relationship with someone who has emotional issues or is mentally ill, I would likely pass on dating any over 30 virgins.

The only over 30 virgins I've known were either disabled, extremely socially inept because of mental issues, or 250 lbs overweight.
Not necessarily true.

I'm 25 (so still 5 years away from your supposed age you picked), and am neither disabled, extremely socially inept, nor overweight, and am still a virgin.

Not all virgins over 30 have any of the issues you stated.

Old 11-16-2015, 05:12 PM

8,272 posts, read 8,660,299 times
So what if they are a virgin. Take them out, do the deed, and they won't be.

Old 11-16-2015, 06:32 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,483,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What about the people who believe in remaining virgins until marriage by religious beliefs?
They just glare at you 12 years later. vvv

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelightfulNYC View Post

I ran into her when I was 39 and she had the devil stare like she wanted to kill me. She never married or had kids and it was all my fault in her mind.
Seriously, though, someone who is waiting until marriage would not be right for me, so no, I would not date him. He needs to find someone who shares his beliefs, and that would not be me.

Old 11-16-2015, 07:41 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,203,386 times
Quote:

Surely you jest. How many over thirty virgins do you actually know? I'm guessing three and yet you paint all with the same brush. Nice blanket statement with absolutely no basis in fact.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:12 PM

1,001 posts, read 1,096,119 times
I'm a 22 year old virgin girl. Is that a turn off?

Old 11-16-2015, 08:17 PM

76 posts, read 102,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stellastar2345 View Post
I'm a 22 year old virgin girl. Is that a turn off?
If any potential date thinks that's a turnoff, avoid them like the plague. 22 is still young.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:19 PM

1,659 posts, read 1,243,522 times
Quote:
I only know one 35+ virgin and he is pretty socially inept to a creepy point, and is past the point of no return with that balding head and minimalist living situation.

I'll bring your 30 number down to 21, but 23 or 24 is more appropriate as there are a lot of "late bloomers" out there. So... if you haven't been laid by your 24th birthday then you need to start looking inward.

And I'm not buying the whole religious excuse. The socially normal religious folks are horny like anyone else, find each other, and get married young & fast so they can bang guilt-free. Happens all the time.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:22 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,408,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detachable arm View Post
I only know one 35+ virgin and he is pretty socially inept to a creepy point, and is past the point of no return with that balding head and minimalist living situation.

I'll bring your 30 number down to 21, but 23 or 24 is more appropriate as there are a lot of "late bloomers" out there. So... if you haven't been laid by your 24th birthday then you need to start looking inward.

And I'm not buying the whole religious excuse. The socially normal religious folks are horny like anyone else, find each other, and get married young & fast so they can bang guilt-free. Happens all the time.
Can't it just mean you haven't wanted to get laid, haven't found anyone, bad luck, etc?

I find it funny how if you're a virgin, there must be something wrong with you.

Also, plenty of people in their mid 20's-late 20's are virgins. Some by choice.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:56 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,203,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detachable arm View Post

Oh great here's another one. He knows only one over 35 virgin and yet he claims to be an expert on all of them. He knows nothing about their circumstances yet he tells them they need to look inward. It would be laughable if it wasn't pathetic.
Here's a clue d.a. most older virgins are that way because of at least one of the following: bad luck, not attractive enough, it just never happened, and/or just not being what the opposite sex is looking for. Not everyone gets a shot at sex and relationships, that's life. To go around saying everyone has sex and relationships and by a certain age is nothing short of fairy tales.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships