Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2015, 12:08 PM

195 posts, read 139,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post

Leagues for me is overall compatibility, not just looks
If only more people had this outlook!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2015, 09:23 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,394,417 times
There's even a song about "leagues"...Uptown girl.

Old 09-19-2015, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker2014 View Post
There's even a song about "leagues"...Uptown girl.
There's a movie about it, too! "She's out of my league"...Terrible movie, but plead the case.

Old 09-21-2015, 08:28 AM

Some "Perfect 10" women are so insecure, about their looks and think every guy hitting just want quick sex, and often they got no hits at all because they are so damn beautiful men are scared. Elizabeth Taylor was like that when she was younger and before being famous. She often said men were intimidated by her looks

That's way you often see the hot blond with a King Kong, the first guy who took a swing, scored!

Old 09-21-2015, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollandnim View Post
There's a movie about it, too! "She's out of my league"...Terrible movie, but plead the case.
Yeah, that's right. I kinda liked the movie, mostly because of Alice Eve, she is a hottie.

Old 09-21-2015, 08:03 PM

6,908 posts, read 7,668,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollandnim View Post
What if that 4 or 5 is a 10 in her eyes? Or vice versa for a man and a woman?
Absolutely true.

I know guys who believe those with tons of make up, implants, plastic look are a ten. While I would just say they are a 6 or 7.

Ones who I think are a 10 without those things mentioned above would be a 6 or 7 in others eyes.

Old 09-22-2015, 12:42 AM

7,829 posts, read 11,788,932 times
I would say men are much more realistic about what is "in their league" as opposed to women, due to the amount of attention women get I guess the sense of what is in their league is skewed and most women I know frequently shoot for men several notches above their league - when I say this I mean in terms of looks, income and general appeal.

Old 09-22-2015, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker2014 View Post
Some "Perfect 10" women are so insecure, about their looks and think every guy hitting just want quick sex, and often they got no hits at all because they are so damn beautiful men are scared. Elizabeth Taylor was like that when she was younger and before being famous. She often said men were intimidated by her looks

That's way you often see the hot blond with a King Kong, the first guy who took a swing, scored!
Very true! Does seem many are intimated by beauty like that. Hopefully the King Kong part isn't true for most!

Old 09-22-2015, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsNHL View Post
Absolutely true.

I know guys who believe those with tons of make up, implants, plastic look are a ten. While I would just say they are a 6 or 7.

Ones who I think are a 10 without those things mentioned above would be a 6 or 7 in others eyes.
Exactly, it's all subjective. For some reason many think that just men are allowed to view women this way (preferences, types, finding beauty in women where others don't see it) but then when a woman says the same they can't believe her because she "must" be attracted to what society says if she's beautiful. And if not then she's downgrading. It's like she must understand she's settling or something, instead of realizing a 5 guy to others may be incredibly handsome to her.

Old 09-22-2015, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
I would say men are much more realistic about what is "in their league" as opposed to women, due to the amount of attention women get I guess the sense of what is in their league is skewed and most women I know frequently shoot for men several notches above their league - when I say this I mean in terms of looks, income and general appeal.
That's interesting you feel women shoot above their perceived league. And I believe women are much less aware of the "league" thing than men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships