Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 05:57 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,116,882 times

Advertisements

I never understood why prostitution was illegal and why there is not a massive push to legalize it. It seems like every time its brought up its lumped with human trafficking. Why cant human trafficking be illegal and prostitution legal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
True. But if the ugly rich guy and the impoverished hot chick get together and decide that they have goods to barter, and they are both honest about what they're getting out of the exchange...

It's prostitution of a sort, but is it wrong? I don't think so. Maybe I'm too much of a capitalist. But I don't think prostitution should be illegal anyhow. I like honesty. I think that men often enough spend money just for the CHANCE that a woman might have sex or a relationship with them, and it's like a carnival game. I wish people would clear away the delusions and put some reality on the table a little more often.

If you enjoy a woman for her hot looks, don't act like it's love and you totally respect her as a person.

If you enjoy a man for his money, don't act like it's love and you are totally attracted to him as a person.

Handle it like the business transaction it is, be upfront with what you're offering and your expectations in return, and maybe no one would get hurt. But people just can't handle that kind of truthful behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2015, 09:17 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,057,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Because:

a.) "Good looking" is completely subjective. It is a FACT that different people define it differently. What I find drool-worthy in male appearance is going to be meh to another woman, and what some of my lady friends find sexy in a man is meh to me.

b.) Women, in my opinion more than men, "grade on the long form" or look at other factors that interest them in men. Money is one of them. Another one, for instance, is musical talent. I have known musicians who were talented, but not in high earning bands, so not rich, and not "good looking" yet they got hot women. I think it's the whole "he's in a position of power, commanding attention" thing. Women like men who are confident and in charge. Merely being up on a stage above a crowd gives that impression, whether it's grounded in reality or not.

Also, the whole "he's a good guy" thing is subjective too, and often not remotely enough. Like that is base minimum. Pretty much every dude out there is trying to convince us that all the OTHER men are monsters or jerks or whatever, and they (only they) are the "nice guy" who doesn't see us that way, or who values us as a person, or who will treat us right. Most guys are pretty "good." Except when they're not. It doesn't make you that special really.
I, personally, think that musicians attract women due to their status, fame, and on the basis of how many other women they are attracting. I don't think it has as much to do with "commanding attention" as it does with herd mentality, which is extremely prevalent in women (and not nearly as much in men).

As to the bolded, what can a guy do to make you feel special? If guy being nice (supporting you when things get tough, doing nice things for you, thinking of you, getting you things that are important to you) does not earn your interest or respect, then what will?

Old 10-05-2015, 09:35 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,680,034 times
Not so sure about that...

I work with a Doctor who is 67 and a widow... no children... he has a good practice and just married a 31 year old from the Philippines... I have met her and she really seems very sweet...

It happens more than one would think... usually an older man of means marries/dates someone from another country of much lower means...

Old 10-05-2015, 09:40 PM

76 posts, read 66,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune_It_Lower View Post
The question is more if I'm in her league. I've had some very attractive girls interested in me, and some rather unattractive ones shoot me down. I'll never understood it.
If you are a person with confidence, sometime women who suffer from low self esteem things they are not worthy of a man like yourself. Sometimes it not you Dude.

Old 10-05-2015, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
Not so sure about that...

I work with a Doctor who is 67 and a widow... no children... he has a good practice and just married a 31 year old from the Philippines... I have met her and she really seems very sweet...

It happens more than one would think... usually an older man of means marries/dates someone from another country of much lower means...
I wonder how he pulled this off. I've spent some time in the Philippines and the vast majority of women that you meet online are scammers.

To meet a nice girl, I would think that you have to ingratiate yourself in that culture. Even then, I would imagine that she would change a lot when she comes to the US.

Old 10-05-2015, 09:48 PM

76 posts, read 66,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
I, personally, think that musicians attract women due to their status, fame, and on the basis of how many other women they are attracting. I don't think it has as much to do with "commanding attention" as it does with herd mentality, which is extremely prevalent in women (and not nearly as much in men).

As to the bolded, what can a guy do to make you feel special? If guy being nice (supporting you when things get tough, doing nice things for you, thinking of you, getting you things that are important to you) does not earn your interest or respect, then what will?
I think you both have a great point. Women do love men that are confident. Being on stage in front of a large crowd whether you are a signer, speaker or just a nerd doing a speech in class does have some sort of command.

Now being nice to a girl does have it is part, Also being understanding, respectful and not appearing needy and having a bad boy edge with confidence does attracts a woman attention. Here is an article that might be a good read .. Why Good Girls Like Bad Boys? - How To Save Any Relationship

Old 10-05-2015, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karinejackson View Post
I think you both have a great point. Women do love men that are confident. Being on stage in front of a large crowd whether you are a signer, speaker or just a nerd doing a speech in class does have some sort of command.

Now being nice to a girl does have it is part, Also being understanding, respectful and not appearing needy and having a bad boy edge with confidence does attracts a woman attention. Here is an article that might be a good read .. Why Good Girls Like Bad Boys? - How To Save Any Relationship
LOL you just posted an article from your own blog.

Old 10-05-2015, 10:39 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,288,213 times
Quote:
I wonder how he pulled this off. I've spent some time in the Philippines and the vast majority of women that you meet online are scammers.

To meet a nice girl, I would think that you have to ingratiate yourself in that culture. Even then, I would imagine that she would change a lot when she comes to the US.
he is a doctor..did you hear about doctors going to sleazy bars to meet women?

Old 10-05-2015, 10:40 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,680,034 times
Quote:

One of his colleagues is married to a woman he met when he worked for a group like Doctors without boarders... he mentioned that his wife had a sister and over the course of a year and several trips back and forth they sealed the deal...

They seem happy and she is very close to her sister who also lives in the Bay Area...

I guess when he is 90 she will be 60...

Old 10-05-2015, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
One of his colleagues is married to a woman he met when he worked for a group like Doctors without boarders... he mentioned that his wife had a sister and over the course of a year and several trips back and forth they sealed the deal...

They seem happy and she is very close to her sister who also lives in the Bay Area...

I guess when he is 90 she will be 60...
Ahh this makes more sense. Very smart guy. This kind of thing is my ace in the hole if all else fails.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships