Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2015, 01:13 PM

272 posts, read 185,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
im still trying to wrap my head around the

cant get a date>>get a vasectomy

logic.

He doesn't say that he can't get a date, just not quality ones. Sort of like Cinderella picking rice out of the ashes? Although even so, I don't see how a vasectomy will improve on things.

Old 10-14-2015, 01:22 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJaction View Post
He doesn't say that he can't get a date, just not quality ones. Sort of like Cinderella picking rice out of the ashes? Although even so, I don't see how a vasectomy will improve on things.
It won't. He just wants to keep having sex with women without having to worry about impregnating them.

Old 10-14-2015, 01:26 PM

20,390 posts, read 14,656,708 times
Quote:
The point of the vasectomy thing was that he can "pull" lots of women, they just aren't the kind he'd want to have around long term or have kids with. And he doesn't want to get any of these trashy women preggers for fear they'll sock him in the wallet. Which they might, who knows...

In my personal opinion, I'd say if he doesn't want kids, he should get a vasectomy. Period.

If he would like to father children, but only with the RIGHT woman, maybe quit having sex with women that he would not want to bear his child. Hold out for the right one, and do a better job of trying to attract the right kind (which he's been advised on here at length the beginning steps in that dance.)

Otherwise, if he's going to "pull" women he doesn't respect, and then use them for sex, and not cover down in a serious way on the birth control end of things, then anything could happen and he would only have himself to blame.

Just like if I were to get out there and have sex with dudes that I wouldn't want to get me pregnant, and was not prepared to raise that kid on my own or whatever, but relied on just a condom to prevent pregnancy and didn't do anything about the situation from my end...I could cry boo hoo I've got to devote the next two decades of my life to raising a kid (unless I can conscience abortion, and I'm not sure about that, it's a tough question for me.) But at the end of the day, I needed to take a smidge more responsibility than that, and the consequences are on my head. I wound up getting my tubes tied. I'm 36 years old and I don't want any more kids, the ones I have are nearly grown now.

Old 10-14-2015, 02:37 PM

1,901 posts, read 1,828,996 times
Okay guys, I took some of your suggestions at hand and made some updates. Take a look at the OKC Profile: Tenacity99 / 32 / Clinton Township, Michigan | OkCupid

A couple of points:

- Added some suit pictures

- Changed some of the words in the summary overview

- I took the car pics down because I don't think they were "needed" anyway

- I left the shirtless pics up. I can't take those down. I'm getting way too many compliments and likes on those shirtless pics and while some of you responded saying that posting them seemed SHALLOW, I flat out disagree. A lot of men do not take care of themselves from a health standpoint, so by showing that I take my health/fitness seriously and have a nice body at the same time, is adding to my attraction not taking away from it. Any woman that thinks a man posting pics of himself in shape is wrong, HAS to be FAT/unattractive in my opinion, because I have never seen even a mildly attractive woman complain about a guy (who had a great body) showing it off in pictures.

- I DO NOT believe adding suit pics is going to start getting me a "different" type of woman than the ones I'm getting. The fact is that the woman I'm looking for doesn't even exist in large enough of quantity to find anyway.

Old 10-14-2015, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotucker99 View Post
Okay guys, I took some of your suggestions at hand and made some updates. Take a look at the OKC Profile: Tenacity99 / 32 / Clinton Township, Michigan | OkCupid

A couple of points:

- I left the shirtless pics up. I can't take those down. I'm getting way too many compliments and likes on those shirtless pics and while some of you responded say that posting them seemed SHALLOW, I flat out disagree. A lot of men do not take care of themselves from a health standpoint, so by showing that I take my health/fitness seriously and have a nice body at the same time, is adding to my attraction not taking away from it. Any woman that thinks a man posting pics of himself in shape is wrong, HAS to be FAT/unattractive in my opinion, because I have never seen even a mildly attractive woman complain about a guy (who had a great body) showing it off in pictures.

- I DO NOT believe adding suit pics is going to start getting me a "different" type of woman than the ones I'm getting. The fact is that the woman I'm looking for doesn't even exist in large enough of numbers to find anyway.
Aha. Here we have the bottom line. You are painting all the women with a broad brush based on the experiences you have had. There are an awful lot of women in the world, man. I have had experiences with overgrown baby-men who wanted a Mommy to pay their bills and take care of them. Shall I judge "most" men by that? I think not.

Regardless though, I think your face is your best feature. That smile, THAT is what makes you hot. As a professional woman, who is not fat, does not come with a bunch of small kids (my two are nearly grown, and live with their Dad by our mutual agreement, not due to any unfitness on my part) and is not willing, let alone wanting, to accept monetary gain from a man I'm dating...

I would date you based on that smile.

I would not date you based on those muscles.

But best of luck to you in your quest. And, if you still want to get one, your vasectomy.

Old 10-14-2015, 02:48 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
Quote:
The point of a vascetomy I believe is so men can sleep with women and not having to worry about them getting pregnant. I'd do it but I don't like casual sex.

Old 10-14-2015, 02:51 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:

A couple of points:

- I left the shirtless pics up. I can't take those down. I'm getting way too many compliments and likes on those shirtless pics and while some of you responded saying that posting them seemed SHALLOW, I flat out disagree. A lot of men do not take care of themselves from a health standpoint, so by showing that I take my health/fitness seriously and have a nice body at the same time, is adding to my attraction not taking away from it. Any woman that thinks a man posting pics of himself in shape is wrong, HAS to be FAT/unattractive in my opinion, because I have never seen even a mildly attractive woman complain about a guy (who had a great body) showing it off in pictures.

- I DO NOT believe adding suit pics is going to start getting me a "different" type of woman than the ones I'm getting. The fact is that the woman I'm looking for doesn't even exist in large enough of quantity to find anyway.

You can take them down you just won't because you believe those photos do not present you as shallow and you are addicted to the ego boost which in itself is self absorbed and self important.

Fine, just remember how you see you in those photos is not how others see you and the "quality" you present is the "quality" you are advertising for..........

One more thing, your opinion is merely that, an opinion that only pertains to you and is more than likely not the actual truth.

Old 10-14-2015, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
You can take them down you just won't because you believe those photos do not present you as shallow and you are addicted to the ego boost which in itself is self absorbed and self important.

Fine, just remember how you see you in those photos is not how others see you and the "quality" you present is the "quality" you are advertising for..........

One more thing, your opinion is merely that, an opinion that only pertains to you and is more than likely not the actual truth.
LOL and they say that women are only on OLD for the ego boost and attention and validation...

Old 10-14-2015, 03:15 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,369,217 times
Quote:

A couple of points:

Look, one can be attractive, in shape, and still not feel the need to advertise it excessively. I'm not saying shirtless photos are wrong in the sense of a value judgment, just that it may be one of the reasons for the lack of success with the women you desire. Sure, you're getting attention, and it may be good attention from attractive women, but do these women meet your other criteria? No? Then this isn't the best, optimal approach. If what you're doing isn't working then you may not be doing it right.

I received a lot of attention on all sites, especially PoF and OKC since these are the two I was active on. My photos were tasteful, but I could have used more suggestive photos, and it would have sent the wrong message. Such photos would have clashed with my profile because the words would have not matched my photos. I already received a good amount of attention, and I didn't need to use photos of my cleavage or clever Myspace angles to get it. You can be attractive and attract the right or desired attention.

And I don't think adding the suit you did will add/do much for you because it doesn't look natural or like you. There's, what, one non-shirtless photo of yourself? Do women really need to see a shirtless photo in sepia tone, negative film, and B&W? What about other types of photos? They don't even have to be taken by other people or in groups. Every photo I used was a self-portrait or selfie, and they were good photos. The one non-shirtless photo just looks like you added it as an afterthought.

You may be right that the women you're interested may not be in your area, but why not improve the image you project in the off chance your type does cross paths with your profile? My husband is very attractive and in great shape, and he may have had one shirtless photo of him at a lake with a group of friends. Not multiple mirror selfies. While I can admire a nice physique, I absolutely bypassed profiles with nothing more than shirtless selfies and awkward "normal" photos.

Old 10-14-2015, 03:24 PM

1,901 posts, read 1,828,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Look, one can be attractive, in shape, and still not feel the need to advertise it excessively. I'm not saying shirtless photos are wrong in the sense of a value judgment, just that it may be one of the reasons for the lack of success with the women you desire. Sure, you're getting attention, and it may be good attention from attractive women, but do these women meet your other criteria? No? Then this isn't the best, optimal approach. If what you're doing isn't working then you may not be doing it right.
But see guys, after thinking long and hard, I don't think ANY woman fits my criteria. My criteria I think is too extensive. I want all of the following once again:

- The chick to be physically attractive, at least a 6 or 7

- Has her finances together

- She can have a kid, but no more than 1

- Great personality, great attitude, loves me, etc.

I keep getting four types of women, all have some of the criteria but never a chick with all of them:

- Chick One: Has everything listed but she's not as physically attractive. This girl, is tied with Chick Two, as having the most "interest".

- Chick Two: Has everything but either her finances suck or she has more than 1 kid, or BOTH. This girl, is tied with Chick One, as having the most "interest".

- Chick Three: Has all of the above but has mixed signals. The most balanced chick of the bunch usually always falls here, but she has mixed signals and it takes a while to break through the bullshyt.

- Chick Four: This chick is random, but she usually always has mixed signals and might come off as a bit of a gold digger, but in terms of everything else she's usually physically attractive and her finances MIGHT be okay or they might be screwed up. The most attractive chick of the bunch usually always falls here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships