Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2015, 09:02 AM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
You are getting the wrong ladies because you are leading with the wrong stuff. If you start with look at my body, look at my car, look at my job you are just inviting drama in.
The link below says all you need to know about the OP... he's a pretty immature guy for 32 and has got some issues with women.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/41396955-post126.html

Old 10-01-2015, 09:13 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times
I always wonder how much these MGTOW dudes hate their moms. Presuming their parents were married at some point, when they describe women as harpy, nagging, gold-digging worthless creatures, do they include their own mothers in this category?

Old 10-01-2015, 09:17 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
I always wonder how much these MGTOW dudes hate their moms. Presuming their parents were married at some point, when they describe women as harpy, nagging, gold-digging worthless creatures, do they include their own mothers in this category?

I wonder the reverse. If they have daughters, do they view them with the same disdain? Or the anti-feminists (which I only meet here), do they now want their daughters to have equal rights and opportunities and to be able to pursue any path in life that their sons would be able to?

There is some serious cognitive disconnect going on with these people.

Old 10-01-2015, 09:34 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,704,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
I don't think most of them hate women (or their mothers) although I am sure there are a few. MGTOW is mainly a lonely hearts club for romantically. At least, every time I see a post here from someone who claims to be with MGTOW it seems like an angry, frustrated person. Not some kind of liberated man who is at a level of zen beyond wanting a woman in his life. There is an irony to it all, they say they give up on women, yet their focus is on women all the time with their forums (which I've read) and speech. In truth, they haven't gone their own way... they may want to go their own way, but if anything they obsess more about women than the "Average man." They are frustrated and angry... so they lash out. It's the fox and the grapes with them. They can't find a woman to love them, well they must be all horrible anyway. They don't care about women any more than that fox doesn't care about the grapes in the fable. In short, any man who has really gone his own way, wouldn't even bother with a relationship forum like this.

Old 10-01-2015, 09:38 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,793,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
I don't think most of them hate women (or their mothers) although I am sure there are a few. MGTOW is mainly a lonely hearts club for romantically. At least, every time I see a post here from someone who claims to be with MGTOW it seems like an angry, frustrated person. Not some kind of liberated man who is at a level of zen beyond wanting a woman in his life. There is an irony to it all, they say they give up on women, yet their focus is on women all the time with their forums (which I've read) and speech. In truth, they haven't gone their own way... they may want to go their own way, but if anything they obsess more about women than the "Average man." They are frustrated and angry... so they lash out. It's the fox and the grapes with them. They can't find a woman to love them, well they must be all horrible anyway. They don't care about women any more than that fox doesn't care about the grapes in the fable. In short, any man who has really gone his own way, wouldn't even bother with a relationship forum like this.
OK, I haven't read all the pages, but what is "MGTOW"???

Old 10-01-2015, 09:50 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,704,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
OK, I haven't read all the pages, but what is "MGTOW"???
Basically it's a men's movement equivalent to radical man-hating feminists. One is to men what the other is to women. MGTOW claim to be about being a man, improving themselves as men, etc, etc, and "giving up" on women; but more often than not, they are men who complain about how evil women and focus on hating women more so than self improvement or helping the cause of men's rights.

Old 10-01-2015, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
Basically it's a men's movement equivalent to radical man-hating feminists. One is to men what the other is to women. MGTOW claim to be about being a man, improving themselves as men, etc, etc, and "giving up" on women; but more often than not, they are men who complain about how evil women and focus on hating women more so than self improvement or helping the cause of men's rights.

Sounds healthy.

Old 10-01-2015, 10:18 AM

1,901 posts, read 1,829,480 times
Jade,

Thanks for the information and I'm going to add other pictures lol, I just don't think the pictures were causing the issues I described.

Also you guys in this thread are NOT defining MGTOW correctly. It's not a hate group, it's a group about MEN defining LIFE how they see fit (going their own way).

Society says we have to go to college, get a soul-svcking job, get married, have 3.5 kids and 1.5 dogs.

Due to the issues with divorce rates, the lower quality of women, and the Family Court, this type of DEAL just isn't working for majority of Men anymore. Matter of fact, in most cases, it turns out to be a bad deal.

MGTOW just says to define life the way you see fit, not the way society says you have to live. That's all that it is. In the process of discussing these things, YES, we list out the issues we have had socially, culturally and most of all LEGALLY with women because it's relevant to the topic.

But MGTOW is not a hate group, you guys should really stop saying that.

Also I wish people would stop bringing up "your mother is a woman" whenever someone criticizes women in general. For all of the TALK about how Men (especially us black men) are deadbeat dads and thugs, I never hear someone say, "your father is a man". You never hear this, you only hear this insane response when criticizing women because apparently YOU CAN'T criticize a woman for anything!

Come on guys, we have got to do better than this.

Old 10-01-2015, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotucker99 View Post
MGTOW just says to define life the way you see fit, not the way society says you have to live. That's all that it is. In the process of discussing these things, YES, we list out the issues we have had socially, culturally and most of all LEGALLY with women because it's relevant to the topic.

But MGTOW is not a hate group, you guys should really stop saying that.

People only say that because people that profess it come across as haters. It's the type of mental dudes that point fingers at divorce laws and other such crud.

Grow up.

I never needed some damn men's group to define life the way I see fit. I've been doing that since I was a teen.

Quote:
Society says we have to go to college, get a soul-svcking job, get married, have 3.5 kids and 1.5 dogs.
Yeah, the parents pushed college (both had masters) but other than this, I've never heard this, nor have my guy friends lived like this. Sorry you listened to that crud from wherever you heard it.

Old 10-01-2015, 10:28 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,014,186 times
Quote:

MGTOW just says to define life the way you see fit, not the way society says you have to live. That's all that it is.
Do you really need a group to tell you this? (Serious question)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships