Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 02:52 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Maybe you should adopt a child on your own.
You really want this dude influencing children?

Old 06-17-2016, 02:53 PM
SQL

1,337 posts, read 1,193,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
You really want this dude influencing children?
Yeah, seriously. He needs to raise himself up before he even goes near another child.

Old 06-17-2016, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQL View Post
Yeah, seriously. He needs to raise himself up before he even goes near another child.
For real. I have plenty of my own issues but OP has several unhealthy complexes. Every once in a while someone posts here that makes my own issues seem not that bad.

Old 06-17-2016, 03:16 PM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
For real. I have plenty of my own issues but OP has several unhealthy complexes. Every once in a while someone posts here that makes my own issues seem not that bad.
While there are always people better off and we tend to look that direction, there are always people who are way worse off. The op is a black guy and some of the stuff he talked about may have a bit of merit to them. I've heard of black guys getting picked on for "acting white" but this is another thread, I'm just saying people can have personal issues whether they are real or not. The op definitely needs to shift his priorities a bit.

Old 06-17-2016, 03:22 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
People still drive Camaros???

No offense to any Camaro drivers out there. I don't think I've actually seen one since 1984. Although my husband tells me they're still around and he thinks they look great. Hmm...okay, live and learn.

I can say that around here this really isn't a status symbol car (I mean I looked them up, they start at 25-ish?) so perhaps that's regional...I don't know.

Old 06-17-2016, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQL View Post
But have you considered what the ladies will think? Your manhood is at stake after all.
Yeah. Are you pulling the birds?

Old 06-17-2016, 03:35 PM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
People still drive Camaros???

No offense to any Camaro drivers out there. I don't think I've actually seen one since 1984. Although my husband tells me they're still around and he thinks they look great. Hmm...okay, live and learn.
they brought them back a few years when dodge revived the muscle car vibe from the seventies with the introduction of the Charger. If you look you can't swing a dead cat with out hitting a Camaro or a Challenger these days.

Old 06-17-2016, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
While there are always people better off and we tend to look that direction, there are always people who are way worse off. The op is a black guy and some of the stuff he talked about may have a bit of merit to them. I've heard of black guys getting picked on for "acting white" but this is another thread, I'm just saying people can have personal issues whether they are real or not. The op definitely needs to shift his priorities a bit.
I can see his experiences as having merit but I can't get behind the unilateral anti-black women hate speech, the refusal to believe others' experiences as well (especially in other parts of the country) right down to literally calling us liars, the all-caps broad-brush-anger-painting against one color and gender, the extraordinary amount of badly-done humblebragging (because it too is really, really angry, almost scary), and so on. Just nope.

This guy is just beyond on-the-edge...there's something more serious going in here, IMO. The whole bit about how he had never actually met a thug after all (immediately after calling a bunch of us liars and saying we were "hating" when we said WE hadn't met and definitely hadn't dated thugs) along with this "I'm really the thug" bit (um what?? Just...weird) clinched it for me. Just...something isn't right with the OP. I'm sorry, all I can see here of value at this point is "Get therapy." And I honestly can't see why the resistance to that. I hope the OP works things out, one way or another.

Old 06-17-2016, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
they brought them back a few years when dodge revived the muscle car vibe from the seventies with the introduction of the Charger. If you look you can't swing a dead cat with out hitting a Camaro or a Challenger these days.
I saw one get into a pretty bad accident a couple of days ago on my way home. I have a very soft spot for Camaros and I thought, what a shame.

Old 06-17-2016, 03:53 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,225,806 times
Until OP learns to stop living life to impress other people, he will always struggle. Can you imagine being his wife & someone happens to mention that they don't think she's all that? Does that mean he will have to dump her, coz people will always have an opinion?

Being from a third world country, I totally understand what it's like to go from nothing to having something. Hell, I was quite shallow in my 20s, but as I've matured I've learnt to appreciate what's really important. I'm probably still shallow in some ways, but that's because I want to be able to give my family the type of lifestyle I couldn't afford as a child which means dating someone compatible in a lot of areas. I couldn't care less what people think about what I drive etc and I'm certainly not trying to keep up with the jones coz that's a one way ticket to misery!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships