Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 01:02 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,036,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Not disposable, but some women cannot maintain long-term relationships. Part of it is them and and part of it is the men they choose. Occasionally, they pick men who are available for healthy relationships, but they usually end up sabotaging these relationships.
I have had several long relationships. In my teens/ early 20's I was with my ex-husband 10 years. Our relationship ended because he was not into me and just wanted a marriage of convenience. I was with my sons father for 7 years. He was crazy and always cheating and looking for someone better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2015, 01:02 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,908,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Urban Sasquatch, I liked that post. I've been trying to work out what my own "common denominator" factor is with some of the less than stellar results I've had. Here's a question, though...

A man I'm starting to see begins to ask probing questions about my past, my relationship history, etc. If I tell him the truth about things, then I will tread onto at least one of those landmines. But I do not like to lie. If I dodge the question or decline to answer, I probably come off like I have something to hide.

It seems to me that once a woman has accumulated life experience or adversity of some kind, it doesn't matter if she remains optimistic and strong and positive, learns lessons from it and gains some wisdom, resists becoming jaded...if everything has not been sunshine, roses, and innocence, then she has no hope of having a connection with anything but a loser looking for a pack mule to carry his problems for him.

So unless you ARE perfect and innocent with no actual history, you're doomed.
A quality man who has his stuff together doesn't look to your past to judge your character. He looks to your present over time.

Quote:
Maybe it really is just as simple as giving them sex too soon or too easily, but yet I've had other interactions where people have gotten that from me and wanted to stay. Just not that one particular sort of man. Perhaps "HE" is the kind who must earn it. Hm.
It is somewhat related to this. It takes time to get to know someone and to understand his or her character. Quick sex bypasses this. It doesn't change whether or not a particular guy will stay with you or not. It does change the fact that you haven't given yourself and him enough time to know if he wants to stay with you.

Old 10-16-2015, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I have had several long relationships. In my teens/ early 20's I was with my ex-husband 10 years. Our relationship ended because he was not into me and just wanted a marriage of convenience. I was with my sons father for 7 years. He was crazy and always cheating and looking for someone better.
Yeah, I left that part out. Some of these types of women may be in long-term relationships, but they are pretty much always tumultuous.

Old 10-16-2015, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
How long do you typically go being single? How long without dating at all?
I was single June 2014 through February 2015. I did go on 61 dates from July 2014-Sept 2014, but did not see a future with any of them. All were met through online dating.

Old 10-16-2015, 01:09 PM

Quote:
But I am not a loser. I grew up as the rich kid in town. I have never done drugs. No criminal records. Own two houses in the area.
Like attracts like. Doesn't mean you are a loser (or with the guys you are attracting). It means you probably had abusive or distant parents that couldn't provide the environment you needed to be able to have close, intimate, loving relationships with guys.

Old 10-16-2015, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Like attracts like. Doesn't mean you are a loser (or with the guys you are attracting). It means you probably had abusive or distant parents that couldn't provide the environment you needed to be able to have close, intimate, loving relationships with guys.
I had distant, career oriented parents. But I am super lovey, and touchy. I thrive best in close and intimate, loving relationships. With the exception of the current guy (so far) I find guys that become very distant, cheat, and just do not want to be near me.

Old 10-16-2015, 01:18 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,530,547 times
Quote:
I was single June 2014 through February 2015. I did go on 61 dates from July 2014-Sept 2014, but did not see a future with any of them. All were met through online dating.
61 dates on two months?

you went on a date per day? with different men? where do you get the energy (or time) to do something like that?

Old 10-16-2015, 01:21 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
61 dates on two months?

you went on a date per day? with different men? where do you get the energy (or time) to do something like that?

More importantly - Why?!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-16-2015, 01:25 PM

Quote:
I had distant, career oriented parents.
Bingo! There ya go.

Quote:
But I am super lovey, and touchy. I thrive best in close and intimate, loving relationships. With the exception of the current guy (so far) I find guys that become very distant, cheat, and just do not want to be near me.
That comes from you. There is a reason you pick those kinds of guys. The current guy will either turn out to be the same or you will start to push him away and do things to sabotage the relationship.

Old 10-16-2015, 01:26 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,047,727 times
guys are disposable in the same way.

women get tired of their sh** and don't want to continue meeting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships