Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2015, 12:15 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
The quality is better meeting in person. I met 61 online in 3 months. Didn't go on a second date with any of them. Met 2 offline. Dated 1 for 6 months and been with the second for 2 months.
The guy you kept trying to commit to a relationship? Who lived on your couch? Who spent the majority of time with another woman? That higher quality?

Meh.

My match is from Match. Married him.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2015, 12:58 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,371,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
The guy you kept trying to commit to a relationship? Who lived on your couch? Who spent the majority of time with another woman? That higher quality?

Meh.

Lol.

I met my husband on OKC.

Old 10-25-2015, 01:45 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,344,904 times
I met my now ex-wife on AOL. Before there was Facebook, MySpace, POF, OKC, etc. there were AOL chat rooms. I was in the Over 40 room and she entered. Before long, we were IM'ing each other, followed by exchanging phone numbers, calls, and the Big Meet, followed by a 2-year long relationship resulting in marital vows. Unfortunately, our marriage didn't last.

Old 10-25-2015, 05:07 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
I met my now ex-wife on AOL. Before there was Facebook, MySpace, POF, OKC, etc. there were AOL chat rooms. I was in the Over 40 room and she entered. Before long, we were IM'ing each other, followed by exchanging phone numbers, calls, and the Big Meet, followed by a 2-year long relationship resulting in marital vows. Unfortunately, our marriage didn't last.
Ha I remember them.

Old 10-25-2015, 05:21 PM

284 posts, read 234,734 times
I guess I got lucky, I'm still dating the FIRST guy I met in person on Match back in Feb. I've shared my story before, we met, had a hot & heavy 6 weeks, then he freaked at how fast we were moving. I backed off, stopped contacting him, and had 2 other dates from OKC, one just a one time thing, the other guy, actually went out 3 times. On the 2nd date the guy from Match texted me after NC for 6 weeks. I waited a few days, replied, then agreed to see him a week later. He came to his senses and realized he didn't want to lose what we had. That was mid May and we've been together & happy since. Leaving to go to Cancun together next week. I don't think I could tolerate meeting a dozen let alone 60+!

Old 10-25-2015, 06:27 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,636,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
I've had two long term relationships using OLD, the second one resulted in marriage. I'm divorced now, so I'm not sure if one would deem that "successful."

I'm going to throw out some VERY unscientific numbers out there, by no means should these be taken as having empirical value.

Just my opinion......

50% of the women on these sites are not even remotely serious about it. They're there to window shop, get some attention, maybe flirt around a bit. Reality check: Face it. Women like to go shopping. Male chauvinistic pig hat coming off now.....

25% of the women are recently divorced or are going through a breakup. Danger zone. Be prepared to listen to how terrible their ex-husbands/boyfriends are, and don't get emotionally attached. Half of these women will be sleeping with their "ex" partners within days of meeting you in person. Doubly dangerous when one has to deal with these "ex" partners directly.

24% are technically "ready" to start something new & meaningful. But, there's an issue here. You see, these gals have a criteria list that is almost impossible to fulfill. Be prepared to be compared.........so even though one doesn't fit their criteria to a "T", if one is kind, good looking, and respectful enough....then they'll continue to allow one to take them out to dinner. These are the 2-3 dates gals.

1% will be a match. Now we're approaching unicorn territory.
In my experience, I think you're about right.

Out of the women I've dated, one was schizophrenic, one was married (scheduled for divorce), and recently separated. I believe both the divorcee and separated ladies are both playing the game looking to see what better they can get.

Then again there's no guarantee that there will ever be anyone better I may be biased

Old 10-26-2015, 06:47 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,036,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post

Meh.

Yes, sadly he was better than a lot of the guys met through online dating. I am not the only one in my area that has nothing good to say about people they met online. Must be slim pickings.

Old 10-26-2015, 06:54 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
OLD is a gold mine. I'm in early stages with two people I met a few weeks ago. I don't know if they'll go anywhere, but both are high quality, well educated, very cool, bright individuals. If you live in an area with a high quality population, you'll meet high quality people. If I moved back to someplace like Ft Wayne Indiana or Madisonville KY, then I wouldn't meet high quality individuals (on average). It is that simple.

Old 10-26-2015, 12:09 PM

787 posts, read 781,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
OLD is a gold mine. I'm in early stages with two people I met a few weeks ago. I don't know if they'll go anywhere, but both are high quality, well educated, very cool, bright individuals. If you live in an area with a high quality population, you'll meet high quality people. If I moved back to someplace like Ft Wayne Indiana or Madisonville KY, then I wouldn't meet high quality individuals (on average). It is that simple.

Do the two people you met have any friends?

Old 10-26-2015, 12:23 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisville Slugger View Post
Do the two people you met have any friends?

Um, of course? I met some of their friends already. Why?

I mean, these people are all over the place and aren't hard to find. Just don't live in conservative / cruddy places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships