Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2015, 04:58 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
The female pickup artist: "Hi"
That's the funny thing Mikala with alot of men that would be enough and work LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2015, 04:59 AM

48,532 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
That's the funny thing Mikala with alot of men that would be enough and work LOL
I wasn't kidding .
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-04-2015, 05:02 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I wasn't kidding .
LOL you've just proved it works 😂😂😂😂😂

Old 11-04-2015, 06:50 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,056,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I"m not sure exactly what your stories prove though b/c the first woman you mentioned may only have an offputting personality to you. She may not be your cuppa tea but she is someone else's obviously. How full was her inbox? Did she have a ton of men chasing her, or did she just get lucky and find someone quickly? I know a woman who lost her husband to cancer and 2 months later, feeling depressed, she went to a dance. At the very first dance she met a man and they are in love and this was 5 years ago and they are still together. Yeah, some people do get lucky and what does that prove about women? This man got lucky too because she's a great gal. (And he's a 4 and she's a 10, physically.)
This woman has an offputting personality to all of the men that I know. She also is very very picky. That's why she was having trouble.

Obviously, I don't know the full status of her inbox.

Quote:
The second woman you mentioned put in a lot of effort to get the guy and if she had a bunch of men chasing her, she may not have felt the need to go after this one guy. Maybe she really liked him and maybe she saw money--who knows, but she worked to get him. So what does that prove about women having a perpetually full inboxes? Something you know to be a fact apparently.
That was in response to a different comment. In any event, she had to put in a lot of work because she was only basing her criteria on looks. I'm sure she had tons of other options that she chose to ignore because she was primarily focused on looks.

Quote:
The problem is that when certain men like yourself spout stuff like this, and then less experienced women read it, they think that there must be something terribly wrong with them because they don't get nearly that much attention. It's not just young women either--I was a young woman once, and looking back at my pix I was pretty cute, but I didn't get that much attention then either--didn't have OLD when I was young though --might have been a real gamechanger, who knows.
It would have been a "gamechanger". OLD is like a catalog for women. If they are not having success there, it is indeed because of something that they are doing wrong.

Quote:
And yeah, really love your reference to women dropping in value as they age. You're a real charmer, ain'tcha?
I actually am a charmer.

In any event, I speak the truth. Sorry if it's not what you want to hear.

Quote:
Fortunately, not everyone feels as you do, and not every man my age wants to deal with someone from another generation. On average I date men about 4-6 years older than me--10 years is too much of a stretch unless he has a lot going for him and more than 10 years I won't do. But would I say that they lack value? No, that's just meanspirited. What I would say is that you have an offputting personality and if you're a 6-7 physically as you say, that may be more your problem with dating women than your looks. I've met men with much lower than average looks who had no problems dating, even very pretty women, but of course their personality made up for what they lacked in the facial features department.
Again, I don't have a problem dating women. In fact, I've been talking to the exact kind of girl that I want and she's been quite receptive. So clearly I don't have an "offputting personality" (well, at least not to the degree that it would hinder me in anything that I want to do in life).

Old 11-04-2015, 10:06 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,801,723 times
So akonyo I should just die, According to you, right?

Old 11-04-2015, 10:15 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times
Quote:
So akonyo I should just die, According to you, right?
His statement was harsh and wrong, but I don't think he really means you have no value at all. I hope he just means that for him you would not be the right choice, since he is young and wants children. You have a lot of value to the rest of us. Ignorant statements seem to prevail lately on this forum.

Old 11-04-2015, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
His statement was harsh and wrong, but I don't think he really means you have no value at all. I hope he just means that for him you would not be the right choice, since he is young and wants children. You have a lot of value to the rest of us. Ignorant statements seem to prevail lately on this forum.
Yes G.Belle, they certainly do. I do think he meant women over childbearing age have no value in the dating market, because he surely realizes that I don't give a rat's arse about whether he wants to date me. But then he did say that women in general have much much better luck than men in finding a date, yet I wonder who he thinks we're dating? I am so sick of these ignorant comments and will call them out when I see them.

And thank you for your kind comments.

Old 11-04-2015, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
Obviously, I don't know the full status of her inbox.

It would have been a "gamechanger". OLD is like a catalog for women. If they are not having success there, it is indeed because of something that they are doing wrong.

Again, I don't have a problem dating women. In fact, I've been talking to the exact kind of girl that I want and she's been quite receptive. So clearly I don't have an "offputting personality" (well, at least not to the degree that it would hinder me in anything that I want to do in life).
No, obviously you do not know the status of her inbox and it might shock you if you did. You probably would be surprised at the lack of eligible potential dates are in there. You'd be amazed at the amount of stupid stuff you'd find and the sexual innuendoes and pictures of guys' junk but not going for these guys is somehow considered picky.

And what could a woman possibly do wrong in a profile, according to you, besides the obvious gaffe of not posting pictures? All she has to do is post a pic and guys will come running, right? Your "boyfriend in a week gal" probably just got lucky and we should all be picky--just not picky about stupid stuff. I'm picky--I have to have a certain amount of chemistry b/c experience tells me that I won't be falling in love with him otherwise, no matter how much time I give it.

As for this one: "Again, I don't have a problem dating women."

Quote:
I remember at the time, I was shocked and saddened to see how easy she really had it, while I have it so difficult. But it doesn't bother me anymore....because I've gone through that grieving process (denial, guilt, anger, and acceptance).

In stark contrast, I have to go hard for every girl that I want. At best, I get hints that the girl is interested. At worst, I have to put in a ton of effort without any evidence that the girl likes me. I have to do all of the work each time. This guy, on the other hand, had beautiful women blatantly making moves on him.
Apparently you do, or at least you don't get as many women as you feel you're entitled to.

Old 11-04-2015, 06:27 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,056,855 times
Quote:

As for this one: "Again, I don't have a problem dating women."

Apparently you do, or at least you don't get as many women as you feel you're entitled to.
I don't have a problem dating women overall. However, compared to that guy (who looks like a cross between Jake Gyllenhaal and George Clooney), I'm pretty terrible with women.

I will never be approached at a bar for being the best looking guy there and I will never have a very attractive woman chase me down and do literally all of the work. Just won't happen. I have to put in the effort (start conversations, wine and dine them, be charming, etc). That's what I meant.

Old 11-04-2015, 09:24 PM

Quote:
I don't have a problem dating women overall. However, compared to that guy (who looks like a cross between Jake Gyllenhaal and George Clooney), I'm pretty terrible with women.

I will never be approached at a bar for being the best looking guy there and I will never have a very attractive woman chase me down and do literally all of the work. Just won't happen. I have to put in the effort (start conversations, wine and dine them, be charming, etc). That's what I meant.
And why are you comparing yourself to other people anyway? I can't think of a quicker way to get bitter. I have no envy for other people's lives because I have no idea what they're going thru and they have their life journey and I have mine and I figure I have it as least as good as the majority of people and i'm betting you do too.

I put in all the work on my last significant relationship so it's not like men always do all the work either--it's the person that it matters the most to. For all that nothing came of it and I should have quit while I was ahead but I kept thinking that it might work and it would be worth it in the end. It wasn't but I'm not sorry I did as I have some amazing memories from it. He was not a 10 in looks either--quite ordinary to most I would guess but beautiful to me. For all your "blunt" words, I do hope yours works out the way you want it to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships