Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 08:00 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,210,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriarti View Post
A month has passed and she texted me that i am in her heart and she loves me madly but that she is determined to make it work with her husband. It was completely unsolicited.
That is cray cray. I would not respond. And I would assume it was her husband that sent it as a test.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2015, 08:01 PM

48,531 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
lots of people going through divorce date

And how did it work out for you?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-04-2015, 10:51 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
lots of people going through divorce date
Like why you're kids. If jimmy jumped off the cliff would you? Are you a lemming or sheep? Because others do it doesn't make it right or smart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
And how did it work out for you?
Exactly.

Old 11-05-2015, 12:11 AM

2,518 posts, read 2,058,060 times
Well congradulations, you Scared her Straight.

You can breathe a sigh of relief now, get yourself a new haircut and a close shave, buy a new outfit, and go meet a new girl who is both emotionally and legally available.

Old 11-05-2015, 10:44 AM

12,823 posts, read 24,402,599 times
Quote:
I dated a married woman that was in the process of divorce. We were together for a year and the first 11 months were great. We had a really bad last month which is almost all my fault and she ended up going back to her husband. It was pretty unexpected and caused a domino effect as the husband had a girlfriend also who got the axe.

We gave back keys, items, all that stuff and had a goodbye lunch where we apologized to each other (I did most of the apologizing). We left amiably and I put it out of my mind. A month has passed and she texted me that i am in her heart and she loves me madly but that she is determined to make it work with her husband. It was completely unsolicited. I returned a text that said i feel the same way about her and good luck with your marriage. She continued to text me saying she found a watch of mine and burst into tears and that she loves me very much.

I'm unsure if I should pursue this, if there is something to pursue, if its right to pursue it. And if i do choose to pursue it with what strategy? And what could her motives be?
First wrong move - returning the text.

"Delete" is your friend.

Old 11-05-2015, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Seems like neither one of you is really ready for a healthy relationship.

If you want continued drama, keep interacting with her. She will eventually come back to you temporarily.

If you want to get rid of the drama, block her, don't contact her and figure out the things it takes to have a healthy, drama-free relationship.
It could actually be life threatening for the OP to continue in contact with the ex.

Old 11-05-2015, 10:49 AM

Quote:
what are the protocols for dating married people who are going through divorce anyway? Some divorces can take over a year
I'm not some sort of raving social conservative ... that said, I do think there is a place for some of those beliefs.

One such belief is, don't mess with anyone who's married, no matter what stage in the marital life cycle that person is in.

An even more extreme one is, no one who is divorced with pre-adult children should date at all. They should wait until the kids are adults. That one is a tough one and most in our society would not be able to hack that.

Old 11-05-2015, 10:53 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,608,094 times
It's honestly better to NOT date someone going through a divorce until that divorce is finalized. You saw the results of what happens otherwise.

And her texting you means nothing other than she had a moment of weakness where she needed an emotional itch of hers scratched. I'm not saying she doesn't care about you, but it's pretty awful for her to reach out to you when you are trying to move on with your life.

As hard as it is, I think you need to cut ties, move on, and chalk this up to experience.

Old 11-05-2015, 10:57 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,697,201 times
I'm no expert at divorce, so I may need some education. The OG stated he had been dating her for 11 months, while she was going through the divorce.

OG, you weren't the cause of the divorce action, were you? If not, how soon after she announced the divorce did you begin dating? Were the two of you talking before the divorce was filed?

Old 11-05-2015, 11:00 AM

189 posts, read 361,761 times
Don't feel like the lone ranger, it happens all the time. Don't count on much until it's legal to start counting. If you believe her, move on, she ant ready yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships