Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2015, 11:31 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,609,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
"Think outside of the box"

Corporate lingo and buzzwords... LOL, there's tons of websites out there that list out that nonsense.

"Team player" crapola, just basic stuff you'd hear at a Tony Robbins seminar....
Ping me when you're ready.

Let's try another iteration of this.

I'm not privy to that, but let's revisit it at a future junction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 11:31 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,019,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
I'm trying to picture how "tapping my resources" gets worked into a casual conversation. lol
It had to do him calling me for some professional advice. Just saying, "listen, _____ happened and I thought you might be able to help" apparently didn't get his point across properly.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:32 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,973,417 times
Quote:
I'm not well-versed on corporate talk, but areas within academia, yes, especially as it relates to the Humanities and "soft sciences." Oh, and politics.

But this was never an issue for me when I was dating because I dated men with a similar interest or background in these areas. It's what made them interested in me. My brain meats.
I totally understand that. Working 2 blocks from the white house, I have to present a certain level beyond every day talk. But when I go home to jersey or even when I travel to southern california, it's really nice to just be normal.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:32 AM

Quote:
I immediately zero in on "should of" every time I see it. It bugs me.
I usually wouldn't say anything, but since the OP thought this was his blog and he could just throw words at us, but now doesn't understand why we don't agree, I had to point it out.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:33 AM

2,704 posts, read 1,833,020 times
I read somewhere that CEOs make more spelling and grammar mistakes than people whose jobs are on lower rungs of the corporate ladder. Perhaps they are used to having quality receptionists who make them look good. For what it's worth.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:34 AM

565 posts, read 433,356 times
If you really need to boast about being educated, intelligent, well off or strong and independent - chances are you are trying too hard. I personally find it fake and usually distance myself from people like that. Most of us want to surround ourselves with smart people, who happen to figure these things out very quickly, and without you having to tell them.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:34 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,973,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeboi View Post
You usually get this kind of speech from the "first generation" college graduate. This type of woman is usually highly praised in her family for having a basic tool to get a job in the 21st century.
As a result, she feels like everyone needs to know how "educated" she is, as if it's something impressive.
Very interesting. Never heard of such thing but I like to know the origins of certain social behavior.

Thanks.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:35 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,359,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
Now, there is nothing wrong with that but I just know from experience that she most likely will not shut it off and I am not like these political nuts. I will probably not pursue it but just out of curiosity, not asking for advice, do you women ever catch yourself with this unnecessary corporate talk? And men, how do you deal with these types? Again, I am not asking for advice, just curious to see how other people see it.
Eh, just like any other woman. Ive dated some of these types, and what I have found, is that when a woman proclaims shes "edumacated strong and independent" it really means 'I can be a real f'n btch sometimes', Lol.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
Why can't we have a conversation without all this hostility? If we were seated at a table for dinner and I deliberately had the waiter exchange your silverware for plastic utensils, while me keeping my sharpened blade, do you seriously think you would utter such nonsense in my presence?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_lijLYuw-o
What in the hell does this even mean??

OP, this is why most people aren't taking you seriously enough to have a "conversation" with you.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:37 AM

102,234 posts, read 108,040,687 times
OP, this is a highly "niche" rant: corporate/gov't women admins in DC who are too into jargon/intellectual talk?
If you don't like 'em, date other people. Date their secretaries. Date the hotel staff. It's a big world out there, even in DC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships