Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 10:33 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,259,830 times

Advertisements

Sometimes the person you love does things and the relationship is toxic so you have to leave. Maybe they do bad things and you become too hurt by them to feel that sort of love for them anymore, and you work on healing and moving on so eventually you come to love someone else. For instance, the first person you are married to becomes abusive, they lash out at you, become angry, yell at you, become irrational, treat you shabbily, and if it happens over a year or 2 constantly and you do everything to work on it but that person refuses to work on it or do better, over time it's easy to fall out of love with them. It's not difficult to slowly over time cease to feel love, to feel those good, warm feelings for someone who becomes so selfish and hateful toward you, only showing anger and maybe shades of violence. When you are constantly walking on eggshells around this person, then the thought of their touch gives you bad feelings... I've had this happen so it eventually becomes easy to feel no love when you are with them, and to find someone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2016, 10:35 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDaisy View Post
I want to say, I'm not saying people should stay in those relationships. Don't leave and say "I stopped "loving" him/her", It wasn't loss of love. It was being annoyed life throw a curveball.
No, sometimes it definitely is a loss of love. And that can be for one reason that's exceedingly major or for a lot of reasons and complex. You're attempting to shove everything into me neat box, but mature people know life is rarely that cut and dried.

Old 03-25-2016, 10:43 PM

93 posts, read 73,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
No, sometimes it definitely is a loss of love. And that can be for one reason that's exceedingly major or for a lot of reasons and complex. You're attempting to shove everything into me neat box, but mature people know life is rarely that cut and dried.
You can't just lose love, though. Love, at least how I think of it, isn't fleeting. It's not being hungry and then ten minutes later you're not.

Old 03-25-2016, 11:03 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
Quote:
You can't just lose love, though. Love, at least how I think of it, isn't fleeting. It's not being hungry and then ten minutes later you're not.
Its simple, youre not over your ex. Give it some time.

Btw: I was married (divorced now) and was amazingly in love with my ex wife, but that love slowly died the day she betrayed me. Did i still care about her afterwards? yes i did, but that love is gone and in the past.

Old 03-25-2016, 11:09 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,234,436 times
People change, you are not always the person at 50 that you were at 30 and yes, you CAN become "unloveable" to someone who once loved you. To say otherwise indicates you have no life experience at all.

Old 03-25-2016, 11:09 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,599,905 times
Quote:
I want to say, I'm not saying people should stay in those relationships. Don't leave and say "I stopped "loving" him/her", It wasn't loss of love. It was being annoyed life throw a curveball.
If your partner abuses or betrays you/your relationship, and your feelings of love begin to feel misplaced as a result and fade, that's not being annoyed at life's curveballs, it's no longer harboring feelings of love. Surely you're not advocating that people being harmed by their partners just suck it up and quit co M planing about "curveballs," right?

Old 03-25-2016, 11:21 PM

93 posts, read 73,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
If your partner abuses or betrays you/your relationship, and your feelings of love begin to feel misplaced as a result and fade, that's not being annoyed at life's curveballs, it's no longer harboring feelings of love. Surely you're not advocating that people being harmed by their partners just suck it up and quit co M planing about "curveballs," right?
I said I don't they should stay. I do know abused people who still love their spouses.

Old 03-25-2016, 11:25 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
People change, you are not always the person at 50 that you were at 30 and yes, you CAN become "unloveable" to someone who once loved you. To say otherwise indicates you have no life experience at all.
I sensed this from the beginning from the OP.

Old 03-25-2016, 11:41 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,579,503 times
As much as I love my wife I could totally see how certain things could be dealbreakers. I think the only unconditional love is from parent to child.

Old 03-26-2016, 12:09 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
Correct. Generally, you don't "just" lose love. Which is exactly what I said and indeed tried to stress...it is, usually, a complex rather than one-dimensional issue.

Before replying, you should read the posts you're quoting. You might find your follow-up questions already answered there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships