Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 05:10 PM

1 posts, read 917 times

Advertisements

Hey

I was looking for some advice about a situation that I seem to have gotten myself into.

I am a 20 year old female and I have been with my boyfriend for 2 years, he is 22.

Our relationship had been going well until around a year ago I heard some rumours about him that made me question if he was being honest with me. The rumours were that he went to another girls house and got Mod cut from her. He denied it, he even cried and swore on my life that nothing happened. In the end I forgave him but I don't think I ever fully trusted him again as when he wouldn't answer his phone or went on nights out I was always worried he was cheating on me. I never let him know I felt that way but that's what I always thought....

Yesterday I went over to his house. I asked to borrow his cell phone to make a call as mine had died. I took the phone out of the room whilst I was on it talking to my Mom. The whole time I was on it, I could feel it vibrating because someone/something was messaging him. After I got off the phone I took a look at who it was, it was notifications from Tinder and also a text message from a woman called Lacey saying ''hey, you haven't text me all day, whatsup?''.

It made me so unbelievably angry that I lost control of myself. I marched inside to confront him, showed him the phone and all he could do was cry and give me his pathetic apologies, which made me even more angry. I am not proud of my actions but I then spat at him........ I also broke his phone by launching it across the room, I don't know how but I also hit him in the face with his kitchen door....I then got my things and left.

He has been trying to contact me non stop. I'm still so hurt that he would do that to me and I don't understand why he couldn't just be honest with me and say like hey I don't want to be with you I want to dust dirty girls on tinder......

My heart is broken and the worst part is I still have feelings for him, I really want to hate him but I don't....

Could someone give me some advice please

Thank you

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-11-2016 at 08:45 PM.. Reason: Not PG-13.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2016, 05:15 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraham View Post
Hey

I was looking for some advice about a situation that I seem to have gotten myself into.

I am a 20 year old female and I have been with my boyfriend for 2 years, he is 22.

Our relationship had been going well until around a year ago I heard some rumours about him that made me question if he was being honest with me. The rumours were that he went to another girls house and got [snip] from her. He denied it, he even cried and swore on my life that nothing happened. In the end I forgave him but I don't think I ever fully trusted him again as when he wouldn't answer his phone or went on nights out I was always worried he was cheating on me. I never let him know I felt that way but that's what I always thought....

Yesterday I went over to his house. I asked to borrow his cell phone to make a call as mine had died. I took the phone out of the room whilst I was on it talking to my Mom. The whole time I was on it, I could feel it vibrating because someone/something was messaging him. After I got off the phone I took a look at who it was, it was notifications from Tinder and also a text message from a woman called Lacey saying ''hey, you haven't text me all day, whatsup?''.

It made me so unbelievably angry that I lost control of myself. I marched inside to confront him, showed him the phone and all he could do was cry and give me his pathetic apologies, which made me even more angry. I am not proud of my actions but I then spat at him........ I also broke his phone by launching it across the room, I don't know how but I also hit him in the face with his kitchen door....I then got my things and left.

He has been trying to contact me non stop. I'm still so hurt that he would do that to me and I don't understand why he couldn't just be honest with me and say like hey I don't want to be with you I want to dust dirty girls on tinder......

My heart is broken and the worst part is I still have feelings for him, I really want to hate him but I don't....

Could someone give me some advice please

Thank you
you had me all the way until the kitchen door. You shouldn't physically harm people.

Violence is not the answer but .... I don't feel bad for him. He got what he deserved.

Now heal and then find somebody better. If it helps in any way - you guys were too young to be together forever. Go out and explore, have a few adventures and have fun.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-11-2016 at 08:46 PM..

Old 04-11-2016, 05:21 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Violence isn't good, OP.

You found out he's been cheating. His crying is his way of manipulating you to come back. It's an act. You guys need to break up permanently, for the good of both of you. Do not react to begging, crying, whatever. Make a clean break, and move on. Don't yell, spit, or engage physically. It would be best not to drag the break-up on with back-and-forth that would only prolong the drama.

Take time to process your emotions on your own time, get past it, and move on.

Old 04-11-2016, 05:22 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,831,416 times
I think that you should replace the broken phone (or send him the money to replace it) and then never answer his calls again or let him hear the sound of your voice.

It generally takes a few weeks to get over someone after a sudden breakup like that, so it's normal for you to still have feelings for him right now. It will pass and you'll get over him and start feeling better sooner than you think. It's his loss, and you'll find another guy who will treat you right. Good luck!

Old 04-11-2016, 06:04 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,908,708 times
The bad part of your actions were your over reactions by getting violent.

The good part of your actions was breaking up with him.

The bad part of your actions will be if you get back together with him again

Old 04-13-2016, 02:58 PM

35 posts, read 43,591 times
I caught my ex sending text messages to his ex-girlfriend proclaiming his love for her; that they were soul mates and that he could never love another girl more than her. She was married with 2 kids at the time, him and i were engaged. He swore up and that his friend sent it as a joke. I wasn't buying it and wanted to call off the wedding so he sliced his wrists.

We are not together but later i would find out that he was messaging her and probably even having an affair.

Old 04-13-2016, 03:48 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,700,922 times
You're young and you're allowed a few outbursts in your life. That being said, here comes the lecture, you shouldn't be doing stuff like that, spitting on people and hurling around their property.

I think you probably should think about moving on. You guys are young and apparently he's got a roving eye and most likely a roving P to go along with it. If you were my sister or daughter I'd tell ya to cut your losses and move on.

Best of luck to you.

Old 04-13-2016, 04:04 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
Rumors? Nasty people spread all kinds of rumors. Unless you've got clear evidence, you shouldn't listen to a word they say. You do realize some people are so evil they might want to cause a break up, just out of hatred for you or maybe to get your guy away from you.

Old 04-13-2016, 04:35 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Rumors? Nasty people spread all kinds of rumors. Unless you've got clear evidence, you shouldn't listen to a word they say. You do realize some people are so evil they might want to cause a break up, just out of hatred for you or maybe to get your guy away from you.
Clear evidence - like the text messages and the Tinder notifications? I take it you didn't read the whole OP...

Anyway - spitting, breaking things, violence - always bad. You aren't THE bad person but I would say that you came out squeaky clean either. There can be 2 bad people in a situation. That being said - never speak to that loser again. And maybe get yourself some therapy or some anger management courses so that you don't hurt someone again. You could wind up in jail.

Old 04-13-2016, 04:41 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
you had me all the way until the kitchen door. You shouldn't physically harm people.

Violence is not the answer but .... I don't feel bad for him. He got what he deserved.

Now heal and then find somebody better. If it helps in any way - you guys were too young to be together forever. Go out and explore, have a few adventures and have fun.

LOL, so he got what he deserved, getting slammed in the face with a door for cheating.

So if Mrs. Chow cheats on me I can smack her around???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships