Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2016, 06:26 AM

111 posts, read 516,378 times

Advertisements

That's me. ^ The novel, below.

So, I am on my way out of a 19 year marriage. (Divorce is final/legal) I'd say the last half of the marriage was about 99% in legality only. Things happened, and things faded. We remain civil and friendly, as there really is no need for it not to be.

About 2 weeks ago, I decided to register on POF and see what it was all about. I reached out to someone that had an interesting profile, but an approximate hour was too much distance for her. Not sure if she was being honest or not, but I thought addressing it any further was a bad idea.

I learned some more of the workings of the site, read profiles, and tried to pick up some hints. Basically showering and having all your teeth is a plus. So I'm good there.

I was hoping my profile was not too long, somewhat entertaining and chuckle-worthy. I think it's ok.

I had one "reach out" from a woman who I was not attracted to, and was a bit distant from me anyway. I replied that I was still in the marital house (the truth) and was not really looking to be active at this point. (Half truth...lol) I do have a place lined up and will be out of the house at the end of the month. That's when I was going to let my hair hang down.

Later that day, I got another contact, from someone more local, and had some matching interests. Cute, and pleasant to look at in the pics. Wasn't sure she'd me my first choice of the profiles I would have reached out to, but definitely on the "list".

I got some messages throughout the day, the lunch break quick hello and such. It made for a good day. I like that stuff.

I mentioned that it was a hectic time of month for me, with moving, and the kids having activities, and that a first meeting/date might end up being a last minute thing, which was ok with her.

We did end up having an impromptu meet up, strolled her neighborhood and chatted for an hour or 2. It went well. I told her Friday would probably work for a first date, that I would keep her posted when I could figure out timing.

The next day, not so much messaging from her, so I get into my "overthinking mode", which I am trying to cure myself of, and think, "what did I do", "what did I say", or didn't say. But it was nothing.

We did end up meeting for dinner and drinks Friday at a Tiki Bar type place, chatted, laughed, had a good time.

I think that there is interest on her part. (She asked me for my phone number, a good sign)
I sure wouldn't mind pursuing a relationship, especially since not having one in my marriage for so long (for those who might think I am moving too quickly).

We discussed keeping in touch regarding future dates, but I'm thinking I want to hold off until I am in my new place, as it is awkward for me still living with the ex while trying to date.

I was trying to get a read on whether the first kiss was going to happen, if it is, but alas, it didn't. A hug was fine, though. (I'd really like it if she'd make "the move".)

I hope the knucklehead writing this doesn't do something to screw it up.

Last edited by dcris; 05-22-2016 at 06:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2016, 07:29 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,155,400 times
If you want to kiss a woman, you should.

Old 05-22-2016, 07:45 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,802,860 times
I'm not sure what you're looking for there's not really a question in there. The only thing I can say is OLD women are really really flakey because they have so many options and the numbers game favors them immensely. She might be jumping into your lap tomorrow but next week she will poof on you and you'll never hear from her again.

Women using OLD can be really good players with some of them meeting 5 or more different guys in one week. This is point #1 all men must always remember in regards to OLD. Never get your hopes up this early in the game and make sure you're still trying to talk to other women and messaging other women.

Old 05-22-2016, 08:08 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,013,634 times
Nice novel but if you just out of your divorce then enjoy your self take some time for your self and then start thinking of dating just saying...

Old 05-22-2016, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
If you want to kiss a woman, you should.
I don't want to come off as pushy. May give it another date or two. Thanks.

I may want to see if she carries pepper spray first..LOL!!!!

Old 05-22-2016, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeurich View Post
Nice novel but if you just out of your divorce then enjoy your self take some time for your self and then start thinking of dating just saying...
My divorce was basically a closure. The marriage was over years ago. I was legally attached to a roommate that happened to share parenting with me. We were civil to each other, but intimacy went out the window years ago. I'm way ready to do this.

Old 05-22-2016, 08:59 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,016,432 times
Wait until you've moved out and have established a place on your own.

Yeah, I know that you're divorced, marriage has been over for years...

If I had a dollar for every time I've heard this.

Old 05-22-2016, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I'm not sure what you're looking for there's not really a question in there. The only thing I can say is OLD women are really really flakey because they have so many options and the numbers game favors them immensely. She might be jumping into your lap tomorrow but next week she will poof on you and you'll never hear from her again.

Women using OLD can be really good players with some of them meeting 5 or more different guys in one week. This is point #1 all men must always remember in regards to OLD. Never get your hopes up this early in the game and make sure you're still trying to talk to other women and messaging other women.
Thanks! I appreciate the info. I'm hoping most of what you say is more indicative of the younger crowd. Hopefully being (barely over) 50 lessens the chances of BS.

Old 05-22-2016, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Wait until you've moved out and have established a place on your own.

Yeah, I know that you're divorced, marriage has been over for years...

If I had a dollar for every time I've heard this.
It's another week and a half until I move in to my new place. I was not going to actively reach out until after that, but she contacted me.

Get a jar for those dollars.

Old 05-22-2016, 10:51 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,533,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcris View Post
i don't want to come off as pushy. May give it another date or two. Thanks.

I may want to see if she carries pepper spray first..lol!!!!
lmao
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships