Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2016, 07:12 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Who gives a ****; white nights get the babes
Erm.... Yes I've noticed.. Ahem...... ( arise sir bobby 😂😂😂😂 )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2016, 07:14 PM

50 posts, read 49,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
WHOA!!!! Hold it right there, you!
I work in a field where I see a lot of domestic violence cases...druggie parents...a high ratio of incarcerated fathers...deadbeat fathers having kids with different women and not paying a nickel of child support...no, it's not always the guy's fault, but a higher number of decent women are thrown under the bus than men are! Who the hell you calling feminized??? Not all the women are as dumb as you make 'em out to be!

Feminist THIS!!!! (at the risk of getting thrown off the forum)

Calm down there, Rick.
You're also twisting around what I've posted. I've never said that ALL women are dumb and I don't dislike all women at all especially as a straight male.
I only have a problem with women who have made poor choices in life such as having a kid(s) with a deadbeat and/or who don't eat healthy so they become very overweight.
The exceptions are women who have a thyroid problem or who recently had a kid. (for the time being)
Those women get a pass for being overweight.

Regarding your post, those guys who had kids with different women are definitely deadbeats but again, the women chose to open their legs for those men so who is more at fault? The person with the ability to bring a kid into the world which is the woman.

Anyway, It's good to read that you're not one of those feminized men that I was referring to.
Maybe a little confused, but not a feminized guy.

Old 05-28-2016, 07:29 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Who gives a ****; white nights get the babes
Exactly, I mean who gets the last laugh here, LOL...or, well, the last smile.

Old 05-28-2016, 07:32 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,211,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Well men have it easier simply because there is significantly more attractive women then they are are attractive males. I mean every day when I go out I see so many beautiful women it's crazy. How many good looking guys do you really see? I mean me and my older sister were talking about this and she said over the course of her entire lifetime, she's had 4 to 5 instances where a guy has literally turned heads(she's 32). I see a woman who does that at least twice a week.

This is why attractive males have why a massive advantage, because there is very little competition.
Of course you find more women attractive then men, you are a straight man. No one has it easier just because they have a p or a v.

Old 05-28-2016, 07:43 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,235,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Exactly, I mean who gets the last laugh here, LOL...or, well, the last smile.
It's happy endings all around

Old 05-28-2016, 07:51 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzaa2 View Post
Studies show women find 80% of men unattractive, so 4 out of 5 men tend to be invisible to women. Yes this makes it easy pickings for the top 20% but most of the rest struggle.

Also it doesn't matter how good looking you are as a man unless you're confident and not shy. A good looking man who either lacks confidence or good social skills is not in that top 20%.

The good looking guy who is shy or lacks social skills will still get hit on by women but he won't fully reach his true potential unless he gets over that handicap. To use a dragon ball z reference, he"ll be imperfect cell

Old 05-29-2016, 07:41 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,637,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
In sales and marketing, they say that too many choices creates customer indicision, confusion, and raises expections. I believe social media has that effect in the dating as well. In the past, you pretty much needed to actually meet the person one by one, one on one in a dating pool that was usually bound geographically small (local town city circle etc..). You socialized as humans should and pickup on things that cannot be determined by looking at descriptions in written word... body language included. When presented with a list of 100s of peoples online profiles, it is natural to always think "there is someone better" rather than really vetting out the person who is in front of you at that point in time.

In my personal behavior, I go to the store for something I need. I find it.... exactly what I need. However, I hesistate and say to myself "I should check Amazon... there may be something better and a cheaper price." That would have never happened before internet commerce. I would have simply purchased the item at the store right then and there.

I also believe that we are in flux when it comes to gender roles; creating incompatibility within dating pools. A compatibility that didn't exist when everyone was expected to be the prototypical husband and the prototypical wife.

I personally don't believe that the people have really changed... that much. What has changed is the dating pools' size and complexity. Navigating it has become difficult. There have always been people with insecurities, players, commitment issues, pickiness, etc.. that will not change with time.
I think the multiple options to choose from keeps people from settling for who is available.

Attractive women in real life do not have their lack of attention and generally don't use online criteria to really find a good man unless they are a bit older. So we have a lot of undesirable women using online dating sites.

On the other end, you have a lot of your general to average type of men using online dating or your players that destroy the experience for them lol.

Definitely with online media, people are picky as ever. No one is good enough for them.

Women are generally looking for the adventurous, exciting type kind of guy to entertain them. Generally these people are not good fathers and value family. The provider type of guy has gone by the wayside. The women can do things on their own and don't 'need' a man in their life.

Men want someone they are attracted to physically first and foremost and the then emotionally/psychologically. The women that have this quality aren't getting a lack of male attention.

Old 05-29-2016, 10:09 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,372,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
I think the multiple options to choose from keeps people from settling for who is "available."
Why should people have to "settle" for people who are available? Having options can better help individuals choose a partner based on actual compatibility rather than a convenient arrangement based on parties being available.

Quote:
Attractive women in real life do not have their lack of attention and generally don't use online criteria to really find a good man unless they are a bit older.
Attractive women with options use OLD just like others. They may not "need" it to attract dates or interest, but they may prefer it as a tool to attract a certain type.

Quote:
So we have a lot of undesirable women using online dating sites.
And undesirable men. There's a lot of all sorts of people using dating sites. It's pretty mainstream in today's dating world.

Quote:
On the other end, you have a lot of your general to average type of men using online dating or your players that destroy the experience for them lol.
I like how the women are "undesirable" and most of the men are just "average type of men." I came across a lot of undesirable men, men who were clearly NOT my type, and men who were douchebags to the highest degree. But there were also a lot of men who were neither undesirable or douchebags. Some are great, interesting, good people. There are all types of people on dating sites.

Quote:
Definitely with online media, people are picky as ever. No one is good enough for them.
There's nothing wrong with being selective, but it helps to understand how realistic an individual's criteria is, from where they live to what type of person/match they're attempting to attract.

Quote:
Women are generally looking for the adventurous, exciting type kind of guy to entertain them.
Is this based on anecdotal experience, hearsay, bitter, disgruntled man-children who pound their chest to assert their dominance? It would help to not make assumptions and generalizations. I've never once set my sights on finding an adventurous guy to entertain me. I can entertain myself just fine. Perhaps the kind of woman you are interested in are attracted to this type, but there are a lot of women who remain unimpressed by the adventurous, enigmatic, charismatic types. Like the average women, the shy or introverted types, the women being passed over for the hot chicks. Many of these women remain invisible to most men, even the average guys.

Quote:
Generally these people are not good fathers and value family. The provider type of guy has gone by the wayside.
That wasn't my experience at all.

Quote:
The women can do things on their own and don't 'need' a man in their life.
You drunk the MGTOW Kool-Aid.

Quote:
Men want someone they are attracted to physically first and foremost
So, yeah, not the average women, the women who are not in the "top 20%." You take issue with "women" wanting an adventurous guy who will entertain them, yet you go on to say men care mostly about looks. You take the former as a slight if you don't happen to be the type they're looking for. If you're not adventurous, enigmatic, charismatic, etc., then you don't get "chosen," but by the same token, the women who don't meet certain looks criteria don't get chosen, are passed over as "undesirable" or "too average."

It isn't just women, as many of you claim, that are picky, many of you are, too. There's nothing wrong with that. Just own it and stop pretending you just want someone who is "available," because that's not really the case. The average guys ***** and complain about the "hot guys" taking all the women, the hot women, completely ignoring the "average" women who are available. The women you don't see.

Quote:
and the then emotionally/psychologically.
Attraction is important to most people. That doesn't exactly translate to: "My guy must look like Idris Elba or Chris Evans." or "My lady must look like Emily Blunt or Scarlett Johansson." But many guys think they're owed a woman, and not an average or "available" woman, but a hot woman.

Quote:
The women that have this quality aren't getting a lack of male attention.
They're not, and neither are the men lacking attention from women.

Old 05-29-2016, 07:03 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,269,236 times
I assume it was easier before texting existed

Old 05-29-2016, 07:43 PM

1,188 posts, read 959,213 times
* Fewer attractive people. Look back at pictures of the 1950s and see all the handsome men in suits and the thin women in dresses. Back then, both sexes had a larger pool of dating prospects.

* Less need for each other. Too many women out there to prove that "I don't need no man" or who don't feel like they're allowed to show admiration for men. Consequently, men feel unneeded, feel like they don't have anything to offer women, especially when women are getting the majority of good jobs.

* Not enough $$$. Between rent, car payments, student loan payments and cell phone bills, young people just don't have enough money leftover. And not enough time, since people work longer hours.

* Not enough opportunity to meet people in public. Everyone is on their phones. Or if you try to talk to a woman in public, she may charge you with a crime. We have a society that is not conducive to people meeting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships