Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2016, 03:14 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaJackson View Post
You can get to know them platonically, per my post, before deciding to "date" them. I am also not fond of spending good money in order to "get to know someone". But that's just my opinion. We all have one
Oh absolutely and sorry if you thought I was being combative

Yes you have your ways and me mine it's the differences that adds to the spice in dating in most cases LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2016, 03:20 PM

50 posts, read 49,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
It's not obvious, and indeed, by the numbers it's not even true, as there are more overweight men than women in the U.S. Unless you're seeing fat guys as "just stocky" or some other automatic pass. But no, you're incorrect, unless Chicago bucks the trend and has loads of healthy weight men but a majority overweight women.

What is all this about single mothers? Is there a disproportionate amount of single mothers in the Chicago area or something? I don't mean in your opinion, I mean in some verifiable, supportable way? Or are you referring to divorced mothers? If so, then there are just as many divorced fathers. Correct? Are they sub-par damaged goods too? Do women have to sigh and just settle for those dregs because that's all there are, all over the Chicago area?

I have tried dating sites and a lot of the women I'm initially attracted to happen to state that they are mothers in their bios.
Unfortunately the ones who don't already have kids are usually overweight or just not attractive to me.

I'm not saying that the kids themselves are a mistake because all parents should love their kids unconditionally but it seems like a lot of women these days are making bad decisions in terms of the men they decide to have kids with and then eventually turn into man-hating feminists after the guy bails and leaves them alone to care for the kid(s).
A lot of women today seem to be poor judges of character and allow themselves to get pumped and dumped too easily.

Old 05-28-2016, 03:21 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,724,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
I have four minions. I had my older three with my first husband.
Awwwwwww that's cute. 😄😄😄

Old 05-28-2016, 03:21 PM

52 posts, read 48,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Oh absolutely and sorry if you thought I was being combative

Yes you have your ways and me mine it's the differences that adds to the spice in dating in most cases LOL
You sound quite flexible so I suspect you could date someone who thinks as I do

Flexibility is much more important than a person's view of the definition of dating, imho.

Old 05-28-2016, 03:22 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,372,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
It's not obvious, and indeed, by the numbers it's not even true, as there are more overweight men than women in the U.S. Unless you're seeing fat guys as "just stocky" or some other automatic pass. But no, you're incorrect, unless Chicago bucks the trend and has loads of healthy weight men but a majority overweight women.

What is all this about single mothers? Is there a disproportionate amount of single mothers in the Chicago area or something? I don't mean in your opinion, I mean in some verifiable, supportable way? Or are you referring to divorced mothers? If so, then there are just as many divorced fathers. Correct? Are they sub-par damaged goods too? Do women have to sigh and just settle for those dregs because that's all there are, all over the Chicago area?
Yeah, I'm pretty skeptical of the claim that there are all these 6 ft+ super fit guys with overweight or homely women. I take it sjm is in his 30s, late 30s at that, and very rarely do I see super fit dudes who are in their late 30s or early 40s. Average body type or even the "dad bod" that has made its way around social media, but super athletic types? Nope.

Even my husband has mentioned this. He'll be 38 in July, and though he is tall and very fit, that's due to his profession. The majority in his profession are very fit, but those who train more casually, they're about average. He's even said that if he didn't train he'd likely be 20-30 lbs heavier than he is. He and the other men in his circle are not an accurate representation of men his age, or even most men.

If sjm's circle is a bunch of Crossfit enthusiasts then it's clouding his perception of what's average for most of society. No, your Crossfit/Ninja Warrior/Spartan Race pals do not represent the average person, man, woman or couple.

Old 05-28-2016, 03:23 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Overweight and obesity rates by gender. Overweight and Obesity Rates for Adults by Gender | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

Illinois: men: 68.4%. Women: 59.3%.

Nationally: men: 70%. Women: 58.1%.

EVERY SINGLE state shows MORE overweight men than women. There are NO states where the women even match, much less exceed men in overweight, though a few come close.

Now I *think* a higher percentage of women will be obese than men v. in the overweight but not yet obese category, but that's now a matter of degree. Still more men are overweight, period. In some cases - Illinois, for example - significantly more.

Last edited by JerZ; 05-28-2016 at 03:33 PM..

Old 05-28-2016, 03:27 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaJackson View Post
You sound quite flexible so I suspect you could date someone who thinks as I do

Flexibility is much more important than a person's view of the definition of dating, imho.
Yeah I am ( thanks for the offer 😂😂😂😂 lol )

But yeah I love go with the flow and offer the luxury of working around their schedule or doing something they like doing

Its thoughtful and more often than not it's a pleasant experience so either way it won't do MY chances any harm

Old 05-28-2016, 03:28 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,372,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm1976 View Post
I have tried dating sites and a lot of the women I'm initially attracted to happen to state that they are mothers in their bios.
Unfortunately the ones who don't already have kids are usually overweight or just not attractive to me.

I'm not saying that the kids themselves are a mistake because all parents should love their kids unconditionally but it seems like a lot of women these days are making bad decisions in terms of the men they decide to have kids with and then eventually turn into man-hating feminists after the guy bails and leaves them alone to care for the kid(s).

A lot of women today seem to be poor judges of character and allow themselves to get pumped and dumped too easily.
You certainly have a gift for making erroneous assumptions and generalizations. Maybe you don't have a good picker, or you don't know what you want, aside from wanting a woman who likes you for your job, hot bod, charisma, and who also happens to be HWP. That's substance.

Old 05-28-2016, 03:31 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Yeah, I'm pretty skeptical of the claim that there are all these 6 ft+ super fit guys with overweight or homely women. I take it sjm is in his 30s, late 30s at that, and very rarely do I see super fit dudes who are in their late 30s or early 40s. Average body type or even the "dad bod" that has made its way around social media, but super athletic types? Nope.

Even my husband has mentioned this. He'll be 38 in July, and though he is tall and very fit, that's due to his profession. The majority in his profession are very fit, but those who train more casually, they're about average. He's even said that if he didn't train he'd likely be 20-30 lbs heavier than he is. He and the other men in his circle are not an accurate representation of men his age, or even most men.

If sjm's circle is a bunch of Crossfit enthusiasts then it's clouding his perception of what's average for most of society. No, your Crossfit/Ninja Warrior/Spartan Race pals do not represent the average person, man, woman or couple.
I think sometimes overweight guys get a "pass..." They're called stocky or solid or something else flattering.

Women are just called fat.

Therefore, it's a perception and a slanted one at that...not anything approaching reality.

Old 05-28-2016, 03:35 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,441,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm1976 View Post
My point is that any woman complaining that they have a hard time dating is likely too picky because even single mothers with 3 kids and women who are 50 lbs overweight seem to attract their share of men from where I'm from.

It's one thing to want a partner who is compatible to an extent because everyone wants/deserves that but to demand someone who is all that when you are far from all that yourself in the case of a lot of women is being unrealistic.

As I mentioned though, even women who are 50 lbs overweight and single mothers seem to find their share of desperate guys because there seems to be plenty out there.

A couple people mocked bald men having it harder but the way I see it, being bald is out of their control.
What's the excuse for an overweight woman who doesn't have a thyroid problem or a single mother who made a bad choice with who she got involved with?
Yet it seems like overweight women and single mothers for some reason get more sympathy in today's feminist society than bald men.
New poster, please answer these questions:

1. Your age.
2. The last time you went on a date.
3. Please explain, in detail, why a woman who is overweight or has children is a lesser human being to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships