Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2016, 02:59 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,380,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm1976 View Post
I live just outside of Chicago, Illinois.

I didn't state that the women I notice the guys with all have kids but I do see a good amount of non-fat, 6'+ tall guys with women who are considerably overweight around here.

The bald guys that I see with women mostly look to be in their 50's and 60's.
And... why does it matter to you who these men date or marry? Why do you assume these men share the same preferences as you? Are you under the assumption that attractive people are inherently drawn to the same types of people. So what if their partners don't meet your preferred body type. If you're not dating them then it's a non-issue.

This is just as silly as me saying "I see a good amount of guys with nice teeth and smiles with women who don't have nice smiles." I mean, why would another person's preference or attraction to another person affect me? Why would I care? I don't. Nor do I assume that just because I like nice teeth and smiles that everyone else prefers the same. So you have a preference for HWP women. I have a preference for nice smiles. I don't expect others to share my preferences, nor do I see the point in being bitter and negative about something that doesn't concern me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2016, 03:00 PM

50 posts, read 49,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
I sure haven't seen this in the places I've lived (Nor Cal, So Cal, NC, VA, PNW, and GA). Gorgeous men with plain Janes, overweight women or single mothers? Rarely do I see this. There are times I see very attractive women with much less attractive men, but even that's not something I see very often.
Again, I'm not gay (not that there's anything wrong with that before I'm called homophobic) but it should be obvious that there are a lot more fit-looking men around than fit-looking women in general.
I'm not saying that the guys are great-looking but they aren't overweight, they're pretty tall and they have a full head of hair. Unfortunately it looks like a lot of the women around here have let themselves go especially the white women.
Regarding single mothers, there is obviously no way for me to tell whether the women are single mothers even if there are kids with the couple so I have no idea whether the couple had the kids together or if they're from another relationship.

All I know is that the 5 or so women that I know who were single mothers are all seeing new men. Even one who had 3 kids with another guy.
Personally, I might make an exception for a woman who has 1 kid but I could never date a woman who has more than 1 kid that isn't my own.

Old 05-28-2016, 03:01 PM

52 posts, read 48,826 times
What makes it hard is they believe in dating.

Just go out for a hike, take the other to coffee afterwards. It's $2 out of pocket

Do things which are outdoorsy and free. If they seem like a good match, amp it up and invite them to a light
lunch. Or maybe do a picnic. Go swimming.

Otherwise no dating. Dating is a weird thing to do with someone you barely know

Old 05-28-2016, 03:04 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,037,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaJackson View Post

Just go out for a hike, take the other to coffee afterwards. It's $2 out of pocket

Do things which are outdoorsy and free. If they seem like a good match, amp it up and invite them to a light

Dating is exactly the thing to do with someone you barely know. That's what dating is, going out with someone and getting to know them while engaging in shared activities.

Old 05-28-2016, 03:06 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,380,646 times
Quote:
Again, I'm not gay (not that there's anything wrong with that before I'm called homophobic) but it should be obvious that there are a lot more fit-looking men around than fit-looking women in general.
I'm not saying that the guys are great-looking but they aren't overweight, they're pretty tall and they have a full head of hair. Unfortunately it looks like a lot of the women around here have let themselves go especially the white women.
Regarding single mothers, there is obviously no way for me to tell whether the women are single mothers even if there are kids with the couple so I have no idea whether the couple had the kids together or if they're from another relationship.

All I know is that the 5 or so women that I know who were single mothers are all seeing new men. Even one who had 3 kids with another guy.
Personally, I might make an exception for a woman who has 1 kid but I could never date a woman who has more than 1 kid that isn't my own.
My edit from my previous post:

Quote:
This is just as silly as me saying "I see a good amount of guys with nice teeth and smiles with women who don't have nice smiles." I mean, why would another person's preference or attraction to another person affect me? Why would I care? I don't. Nor do I assume that just because I like nice teeth and smiles that everyone else prefers the same. So you have a preference for HWP women. I have a preference for nice smiles. I don't expect others to share my preferences, nor do I see the point in being bitter and negative about something that doesn't concern me.

Old 05-28-2016, 03:06 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,550,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaJackson View Post

Thats the whole point and what's fun in dating........Getting to know someone?

Old 05-28-2016, 03:09 PM

52 posts, read 48,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Thats the whole point and what's fun in dating........Getting to know someone?
You can get to know them platonically, per my post, before deciding to "date" them. I am also not fond of spending good money in order to "get to know someone". But that's just my opinion. We all have one

Old 05-28-2016, 03:09 PM

6,886 posts, read 7,910,367 times
I seriously doubt things have changed very much over the years.

We are a lot smarter about knowing what our options are, (Women no longer need a husband to bring home the bacon, men no longer need a housewife to tend to his needs, and everyone is more sexually liberated and doesn't need a spouse in order to enjoy regular sex) and we are smarter about psychology and compatibility, even if we are only using pop-science. We have better tools to meet people and keep in touch with people.

There is less stigma associated with being single or childless.

Old 05-28-2016, 03:12 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,055,262 times
Quote:

It's not obvious, and indeed, by the numbers it's not even true, as there are more overweight men than women in the U.S. Unless you're seeing fat guys as "just stocky" or some other automatic pass. But no, you're incorrect, unless Chicago bucks the trend and has loads of healthy weight men but a majority of overweight women.

What is all this about single mothers? Is there a disproportionate amount of single mothers in the Chicago area or something? I don't mean in your opinion, I mean in some verifiable, supportable way? Or are you referring to divorced mothers? If so, then there are just as many divorced fathers. Correct? Are they sub-par damaged goods too? Do women have to sigh and just settle for those dregs because that's all there are, all over the Chicago area?

Old 05-28-2016, 03:13 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,246,232 times
Quote:

Quote:
I live just outside of Chicago, Illinois.

I didn't state that the women I notice the guys with all have kids but I do see a good amount of non-fat, 6'+ tall guys with women who are considerably overweight around here.

The bald guys that I see with women mostly look to be in their 50's and 60's.
Are you worried about there not being enough overweight, single moms left for you to choose from? Seriously, people are attracted to whom they're attracted to; doesn't really matter if you think they are "settling".

(FWIW, some women actually like bald)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships