Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2016, 03:35 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,211,591 times

Advertisements

There's a good bit of cynicism in this thread. I personally don't see that the dating world is generally worse or harder then in the past objectively. Things are just different.

As a recent college graduate, most of my friends are young 20 somethings. Many have been coupled up with the same person for years.

I just don't see this widespread epidemic that some of you see. Or maybe it's just my circle that doesn't have these issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2016, 03:36 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm1976 View Post
I have tried dating sites and a lot of the women I'm initially attracted to happen to state that they are mothers in their bios.
Unfortunately the ones who don't already have kids are usually overweight or just not attractive to me.

I'm not saying that the kids themselves are a mistake because all parents should love their kids unconditionally but it seems like a lot of women these days are making bad decisions in terms of the men they decide to have kids with and then eventually turn into man-hating feminists after the guy bails and leaves them alone to care for the kid(s).
A lot of women today seem to be poor judges of character and allow themselves to get pumped and dumped too easily.
Once again.

You're talking divorcees here?

Because if so, there must, logically, be as many divorced fathers. Isn't that correct?

Are all these divorced fathers undesirable and therefore, is dating in the Chicago area difficult for and unfair to women, since they're bound to wind up with a fat (se CDC stats above) single father with three kids?

Old 05-28-2016, 03:48 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,831,857 times
I take issue with the concept that women have developed over-inflated egos due to the compliments they get on facebook. sjm1976 doesn't understand how a lot of women think.

Generally speaking, young women are notoriously critical of themselves and of other women too. Sure, a woman who posts a photo on facebook will receive and appreciate compliments from her friends, but she is probably also taking inventory of all her friends who did not "like" her new hairstyle, which cancels out all the compliments! LOL.

Old 05-28-2016, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
I take issue with the concept that women have developed over-inflated egos due to the compliments they get on facebook. You don't understand how a lot of women think.

Generally speaking, young women are notoriously critical of themselves and of other women too. Sure, a woman who posts a photo on facebook will receive and appreciate compliments from her friends, but she is probably also taking inventory of all her friends who did not "like" her new hairstyle, which cancels out all the compliments! LOL.
Right, and we're not stupid enough to just not notice that every single other person on FB is being told how lovely/gorgeous s/he is. Really, that hasn't escaped our notice. We absolutely do "get" that our friends are telling us that we're beautiful *because they love us*, not because we're runway model material.

Duh.

Old 05-28-2016, 04:00 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,145,247 times
Social media has turned a lot of people into shoppers.

Old 05-28-2016, 04:05 PM

50 posts, read 49,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
New poster, please answer these questions:

1. Your age.
2. The last time you went on a date.
3. Please explain, in detail, why a woman who is overweight or has children is a lesser human being to you.

1. I am 39 years old
2. The last time I went on a date was 8 months ago.
3. You twisted what I posted around. I never stated that a woman that is overweight or has children is a
"lesser being" but why should a single, very fit (for any age), childless man like myself have to settle
for a woman who has poor eating habits and/or has made a poor choice/poor choices in the
man/men that she decided to have a kid(s) with in the past?
Shouldn't I be able to find a woman that is compatible without having to settle like unfortunately a
lot of other guys have to due to the competition and numbers game?
The reality is that any woman average-looking and up even if they are a single mother doesn't have to
settle while average-looking men and even good-looking men often have to settle due to the scarcity
of decent-looking, fit, childless women out there.

Old 05-28-2016, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Overweight and obesity rates by gender. Overweight and Obesity Rates for Adults by Gender | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

Illinois: men: 68.4%. Women: 59.3%.

Nationally: men: 70%. Women: 58.1%.

EVERY SINGLE state shows MORE overweight men than women. There are NO states where the women even match, much less exceed men in overweight, though a few come close.

Now I *think* a higher percentage of women will be obese than men v. in the overweight but not yet obese category, but that's now a matter of degree. Still more men are overweight, period. In some cases - Illinois, for example - significantly more.

Well based on what I've been observing when I'm out in public here in Illinois, the real stats are the opposite of what you posted.
To anyone reading, next time you're out in public wherever you live pay attention to how many fit guy/overweight woman couples you observe vs. the opposite and you'll see that I'm right.

Last edited by sjm1976; 05-28-2016 at 04:30 PM..

Old 05-28-2016, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm1976 View Post
Well based on what I've been observing when I'm out in public here in Illinois, the real stats are the opposite of what you posted.
To anyone reading, next time you're out in public wherever you live pay attention to how many fit guy/overweight woman couple you observe vs. the opposite and you'll see that I'm right.
So the stats are incorrect? This is what you're saying? They are just flat-out wrong? You're not wrong (and seeing what you want to see), statistical data is?

Old 05-28-2016, 04:24 PM

52 posts, read 48,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Yeah I am ( thanks for the offer �������� lol )

But yeah I love go with the flow and offer the luxury of working around their schedule or doing something they like doing
I thought outdoorsy stuff was what everyone liked doing not something one person would bend on. Otherwise outdoorsy folks are generally not compatible with non-outdoorsy people who feel they are bending that day to do what the other wants. Just my thinking of course

Quote:
Its thoughtful and more often than not it's a pleasant experience so either way it won't do MY chances any harm
Often someone who doesn't want to "date" someone they barely know is also doesn't want to get STD's or be kissed by someone they barely know. Just my opinion but dating is for the birds!

Old 05-28-2016, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
I have four minions. I had my older three with my first husband.

Not saying that you shouldn't love your kids because of course you should but why did you have not 1, not 2 but 3 "minions" as you call them with a guy that you obviously weren't compatible with?
That's not fair to your kids.
How long after you got married did you get divorced and what was the reason if you don't mind me asking? Did he initiate it or did you? Also, how old were your kids when you got divorced?

I'm expecting you to respond "none of your business" but I'm just trying to determine whether you got pumped 3 times and then dumped by a deadbeat or maybe your husband cheated on you or something that caused you to divorce him.

Last edited by sjm1976; 05-28-2016 at 04:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships