Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2017, 07:46 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I'm too curious, so I accepted it. I don't think it's a troll they already have 81 friends.
Somebody probably had to change their name.
Lol you accepted it?! I just asked around who it was.

Do you know now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2017, 07:51 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,871,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Lol you accepted it?! I just asked around who it was.

Do you know now?
Yeah, I like to solve mysteries!
I know a couple of posters who are banned regularly, on a temporary basis. They feel like they're watched. They've already been re-banned since the friend request.

Old 07-10-2017, 08:49 AM

52,303 posts, read 52,734,263 times
The one sent to me was definitely a troll. I don't wanna say the screen name but it wasn't polite. I don't accept friend requests unless I've actually interacted with a person for a little while.

Old 07-10-2017, 08:51 AM

29,750 posts, read 34,415,700 times
I got one of those requests, too, and I ignored it.

One of my coworkers was summoned to be selected for the jury that was eventually seated for the Cosby trial. He got out of the process because of a family emergency, though. It's weird, because this coworker is constantly being summoned for jury duty, and I've been summoned once in the past 10 years, and I didn't actually have to go.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 07-10-2017 at 09:00 AM..

Old 07-10-2017, 08:55 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times
I've been on one jury in an assault case, and the other two were DUIs. The one guy tried to argue that paint fumes on his clothes from his job as a house painter affected his Breathalyzer test.

The other DUI case ended in a mistrial because the assistant DA was supposed to run a dashcam video clip showing part of the traffic stop, but he let it run too long and we heard the defendant tell the cop about his "priors," which is inadmissible.

It felt like such a waste of everyone's time, just because the guy didn't hit "stop" quick enough. I thought that was pretty unprofessional for the prosecutors and maybe they could have shown an edited clip that ONLY had the parts they wanted seen.

Old 07-10-2017, 11:02 AM

I forget what a motley looking group of people who show up to places like Court and other public service buildings.

Old 07-10-2017, 11:20 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I forget what a motley looking group of people who show up to places like Court and other public service buildings.

Motley. You're way too nice. I had to go to the DMV a month ago. Straight up trash the vast majority.

Old 07-10-2017, 11:52 AM

They just called a bunch of names out. I made it through the first round without getting called in. we just have to put in one day and if you're not picked, you're good. I think next time the form might get lost in the mail.

Old 07-10-2017, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I've been on one jury in an assault case, and the other two were DUIs. The one guy tried to argue that paint fumes on his clothes from his job as a house painter affected his Breathalyzer test.

The other DUI case ended in a mistrial because the assistant DA was supposed to run a dashcam video clip showing part of the traffic stop, but he let it run too long and we heard the defendant tell the cop about his "priors," which is inadmissible.

It felt like such a waste of everyone's time, just because the guy didn't hit "stop" quick enough. I thought that was pretty unprofessional for the prosecutors and maybe they could have shown an edited clip that ONLY had the parts they wanted seen.
The one trial that I sat on was a car fender bender and the lady was trying to sue for whiplash damges as she was rear ended by the defendant. IDK, her lawyer was a two bit scroungy lookin old dude in a cheap suit. He was making his case and literally pounding the table. Reminded me of that old saying about "when you have the facts" pound the facts, when you don't you pound the table. LOL.

Her claims were silly as the rear bumper practically had no damage and he couldn't have hit her harder than 5 or 6 mph I forget the particulars but it was just a couple of day trial and we all decided within minutes after getting into the deliberation room that is was a BS lawsuit.

They cut us loose at noon and gave us the little slip of paper to show your employer that you did your duty. LOL.

Nice, I was afraid I'd get stuck on some two week deal.

Old 07-10-2017, 02:27 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
IDK, her lawyer was a two bit scroungy lookin old dude in a cheap suit. He was making his case and literally pounding the table.
Yeah, the attorney's demeanor and dress really can have an affect on the jury before you even hear the facts.

Fortunately the juries I've been on that did deliberate really were focused on the factual info and were trying to come to a fair verdict. It was an encouraging experience overall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships