Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2017, 03:55 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,108,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post

We used to have grudge races. I raced my 1962 Chev Impala 409, with two four barrel carbs, out on Reservation Road, by the Army airfield, Fort Ord...
That sounds like just too much fun. Question: Those racks that regular people can buy rides on in a race car, do the cars have a regular door? I'm so short I'd need a ladder to climb in through the window. And wouldn't it be a hoot (no pun intended) if the girls got stuck?!?! That would be too embarrassing to fathom. At any rate, I want to do that . . . um . . . race a car, not get stuck in the window. And I want to go Faaaaast!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2017, 06:43 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,653,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
That sounds like just too much fun. Question: Those racks that regular people can buy rides on in a race car, do the cars have a regular door? I'm so short I'd need a ladder to climb in through the window. And wouldn't it be a hoot (no pun intended) if the girls got stuck?!?! That would be too embarrassing to fathom. At any rate, I want to do that . . . um . . . race a car, not get stuck in the window. And I want to go Faaaaast!
A professional race car has the doors welded closed for safety. You get in through the window hole. We often went to dirt track figure 8 demolition races in Watsonville, CA.

https://www.google.com/#q=Watsonvill...track+racing&*

Since i was a teen we had a food/drinks booth for the Fort Ord youth center/teen club, that many of us teens volunteered to work in during 'Laguna Seca Races'. We had a lot of fun. They also had motorcycle races.

Years ago they had a Go Kart track you could pay to drive karts on out there by Laguna Seca. You could also camp & there was a pond for fishing..

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=Laguna+Seca&*

When we had grudge races by Fort Ord airfield, we raced a quarter mile. Salinas airport(15 miles away) also had 1/4 mile races. We had insurance & seat belts in our private owned cars. Some had roll cages.

Old 03-05-2017, 08:22 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,108,969 times
I think MIA has pay-to-"race" offers. I haven't looked into it yet, so I'm guessing that's just to ride. But even that would be okay. But if both doors are welded shut, I can forget to do that.

It's warming up again (part of) this week. Woohoo. Then the time changes in a couple weeks. I wish they would leave it alone. No one ever asks ME if they should do things like that!

Old 03-05-2017, 08:38 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,871,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
Awww...it is fun. I just realized how much I miss small town life. My best friend is/was a stock car driver, worked on it with her dad, it was her second life away from work. I can't remember when I had more fun, or why I thought I had to move to a big city and get away from that 'small town life' of Saturday night races. I thought I had to progress to big city life with a profession in my field, instead of wasting away my education in a warehouse, taking turns imitating each other's walk on the warehouse catwalk over the conveyor belts in the middle of the night...
...and no working 'doors', hers had a roll cage, so that cancelled out opening a door-- but you just need the right technique to get in, and don't worry what anyone else thinks!

Old 03-05-2017, 10:59 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,930,481 times
Not to spoil anything

But that episode of The Walking Dead sucked, plain and simple.

Too many clunker episodes this season. I'm ready for this season to be over. Worst season ever, quite easily and hands down. There's only been 3 pretty good episodes, maybe another one that was just good. The season premiere and the last two before the half season break. The mid season premier was decent. The rest has been mediocre/below average to just plain and straight up weak.

I'm almost embarrassed to say that season two of the Fear The Walking Dead was much better than season 7 of The Walking Dead. When the other show is on, it's really on, even though there's a lot of just average episodes.

Old 03-05-2017, 11:07 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,444,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
Not to spoil anything

But that episode of The Walking Dead sucked, plain and simple.

Too many clunker episodes this season. I'm ready for this season to be over. Worst season ever, quite easily and hands down. There's only been 3 pretty good episodes, maybe another one that was just good. The season premiere and the last two before the half season break. The mid season premier was decent. The rest has been mediocre/below average to just plain and straight up weak.

I'm almost embarrassed to say that season two of the Fear The Walking Dead was much better than season 7 of The Walking Dead. When the other show is on, it's really on, even though there's a lot of just average episodes.
We will still be watching them once they show up on Netflix, good or bad. We just watched that OJ Simpson tv series with Cuba Gooding Jr. It actually was pretty well done.

Old 03-05-2017, 11:30 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
We're watching the talking dead right now and in some ways it is better than the show lol. Just kidding. The show does have a lot of filler at times. We've got so many years into this show that I wanna see it through till the end.

Old 03-05-2017, 11:53 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,930,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
We will still be watching them once they show up on Netflix, good or bad. We just watched that OJ Simpson tv series with Cuba Gooding Jr. It actually was pretty well done.
I'll be watching till the end, it's not like they're the worst episodes of a TV series ever. They're just pretty weak by the show's standards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
We're watching the talking dead right now and in some ways it is better than the show lol. Just kidding. The show does have a lot of filler at times. We've got so many years into this show that I wanna see it through till the end.
Same here.

I'm not gonna stop watching it or anything.

I do find myself playing with my phone or reading hockey related stuff sometimes or texting when it's been on lately though haha.

Old 03-07-2017, 08:46 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,350,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
I'll be watching till the end, it's not like they're the worst episodes of a TV series ever. They're just pretty weak by the show's standards.

Same here.

I'm not gonna stop watching it or anything.

I do find myself playing with my phone or reading hockey related stuff sometimes or texting when it's been on lately though haha.
That's odd because I was checking the NHL standings and playoff possibilities while watching this last episode, too. Would have never done that the first few seasons. I'm not one to be overly critical of a TV show, but this one seems to be over extended.

Old 03-07-2017, 09:46 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,871,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I've gone through all the documentaries that seemed to interest to me, can you recommend any? And did you watch Grey Gardens yet? I really think you'd appreciate it--kinda fun yet devastating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un4ZiZ-ZLT8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships