Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2017, 02:49 PM

19,428 posts, read 15,240,283 times

Advertisements

^^^

Yeah, thanks to DontH8Me, guess what we listened to the rest of the night?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2017, 03:08 PM

52,253 posts, read 52,668,250 times
The last several days there has been a real uptick in mean and nasty threads aimed at women lately. I don't get it. Maybe it's spring break and these guys got more time on their hands than normal.

I never got the mentality of these types that scream from the rooftops about how great life is and how crappy women are and how they don't need those damn women.

If life is so great without bothering with those damn women why the need to talk about it, wouldn't you just go on with life. It's just silly as hell to me. LOL.

Another thread, Why do women let themselves go after marriage. I mean duh, how many dudes get great big guts and stop dressing nice or whatever.

Most of this stuff goes both ways in a relationship and some of these guys just can't see it. More likely is that most of these dumbassses haven't actually even been in real relationships and are still literally living in their moms basements. LOL.

Old 04-24-2017, 03:13 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,383,370 times
I feel like if you're going to troll the thread, you should take the time to craft a good story. There was one guy a few weeks ago who would at least come up with a plausible narrative so that it took a few posts to realize that he was just playing us. This guy from the past day or so has obviously never known the touch of a woman. No actual human male would freak out about a mother being so lazy that he's divorcing her less than two months after giving birth or would concoct a scenario where two people in a relationship have never spoken to each other about their expectations (and that you can demand a woman weigh 130 pounds in a prenup.) Sometimes a troll thread can actually lead to an interesting conversation, but most get tripped up by the OP's agenda.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 04-24-2017 at 03:37 PM..

Old 04-24-2017, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I feel like if you're going to troll the thread, you should take the time to craft a good story. There was one guy a few weeks ago who would at least come up with a plausible narrative so that it took a few posts to realize that he was just playing us. This guy from the past day or so has obviously never known the touch of a woman. No actual human male would freak out about a mother being so lazy that he's divorcing her less than two months after giving birth or would concoct a scenario where two people in a relationship have never spoken to each other about their expectations (and that you can demand a woman weigh 130 pounds in a prenup.)
One guy was really mean spirited. I mean to the point of being silly, if that makes any sense. It was so obvious that he was trying to get people mad. Some of them are more subtle and those are the ones that can hang around for a while. Some are like kamikaze's they come in with both guns hot because they know that they will be banned quickly. LOL.

Old 04-24-2017, 05:00 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,865,153 times
I was ignoring them, found a thread not by a troll, then I'm the one being closely monitored for nothing instead.
Tired. 😾

Old 04-24-2017, 05:42 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
^^^

Yeah, thanks to DontH8Me, guess what we listened to the rest of the night?
You're welcome, Sea! Actually, my 11 year old daughter is going to get a kick out of this - she influenced Sea's and Chow's listening enjoyment Sunday night.

My other 'the child', the 23 year old son, is the one who teaches her. He's got a personal guitar collection including acoustic, electric, and a bass, and heck yeah with the tasty bass line in Seven Nation Army. Daughter has two of her own acoustic guitars. She's taking clarinet at school this year and I'm encouraging her to consider the violin next school year.

We love music here 😍

Old 04-24-2017, 05:48 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,105,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The last several days there has been a real uptick in mean and nasty threads aimed at women lately. I don't get it. Maybe it's spring break and these guys got more time on their hands than normal.

I never got the mentality of these types that scream from the rooftops about how great life is and how crappy women are and how they don't need those damn women.

If life is so great without bothering with those damn women why the need to talk about it, wouldn't you just go on with life. It's just silly as hell to me. LOL.

Another thread, Why do women let themselves go after marriage. I mean duh, how many dudes get great big guts and stop dressing nice or whatever.

Most of this stuff goes both ways in a relationship and some of these guys just can't see it. More likely is that most of these dumbassses haven't actually even been in real relationships and are still literally living in their moms basements. LOL.

I've often wondered why some guys complain about women & hate them. Yet whine that they don't get dates. Um . . . Why date someone you hate. Go your own way, but don't crab either.

Old 04-24-2017, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
You're welcome, Sea! Actually, my 11 year old daughter is going to get a kick out of this - she influenced Sea's and Chow's listening enjoyment Sunday night.

My other 'the child', the 23 year old son, is the one who teaches her. He's got a personal guitar collection including acoustic, electric, and a bass, and heck yeah with the tasty bass line in Seven Nation Army. Daughter has two of her own acoustic guitars. She's taking clarinet at school this year and I'm encouraging her to consider the violin next school year.

We love music here 😍
Yeah, music is my life. When I was younger I was thinking about getting into sound recording and becoming a music engineer.

I weighed all my options and decided it wasn't the music industry wasn't a stable job to get into. 25 years later I have moments where I regret that choice. But once again, I probably did ok with my choice as the music recording industry has and will continue to change as recording engineers are a dying thing.

People are making full professional grade music via software systems like Pro-tools and things along those lines. Linkin Park's first album was produced by themselves using Pro-tools I believe. I forget the exact details.

The real issue is promotion and distribution and that is where the big record companies still have the power. Sucks and maybe it will change more as the internet really has been changing the game.

We've all heard stories of artists getting screwed over BIG time. I'm liking that some of the control is shifting back to the artists. At least some respects.

Old 04-24-2017, 05:58 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah, music is my life. When I was younger I was thinking about getting into sound recording and becoming a music engineer.

I weighed all my options and decided it wasn't the music industry wasn't a stable job to get into. 25 years later I have moments where I regret that choice. But once again, I probably did ok with my choice as the music recording industry has and will continue to change as recording engineers are a dying thing.

People are making full professional grade music via software systems like Pro-tools and things along those lines. Linkin Park's first album was produced by themselves using Pro-tools I believe. I forget the exact details.

The real issue is promotion and distribution and that is where the big record companies still have the power. Sucks and maybe it will change more as the internet really has been changing the game.

We've all heard stories of artists getting screwed over BIG time. I'm liking that some of the control is shifting back to the artists. At least some respects.
I think Tone-Lōc was one of the worst stories of getting screwed royally. The rumors I've heard are that he was paid a flat fee of like $10k for his debut album. For those of us alive in the late eighties-early nineties we know what kind of money the record label made off the tracks Wild Thing and Funky Cold Medina.

Old 04-24-2017, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I think Tone-Lōc was one of the worst stories of getting screwed royally. The rumors I've heard are that he was paid a flat fee of like $10k for his debut album. For those of us alive in the late eighties-early nineties we know what kind of money the record label made off the tracks Wild Thing and Funky Cold Medina.
The one that surprised me in terms of getting screwed over was Quiet Riot. When that first album of their's broke in the early/mid 80's it was HUGE and I mean huge, as it was everywhere. MTV, when the used to play music had them on rotation 24/7 they were on the radio, I mean you just couldn't get away from it, even if you wanted to.

I was watching a documentary about the band and they didn't get squat for that, I mean they signed away just about all their interest away all in the desire to "get signed"

Sucks. One of the guys lives in Santa Clarita or something like and lives a very modest lifestyle. The drummer, I believe, is about the only original remaining member. They still tour and play music but it's at low end festivals and smaller clubs.

IDK, I guess they followed their passion and all, too bad they didn't get a taste of their success moneywise.

Last edited by Chowhound; 04-24-2017 at 06:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships