Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 09:56 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,929,198 times

Advertisements

I was once dumped by a girl I didn't even know we were together
met at bar, I was 24...hung out a few times...slept together a few times...never really called and dated, just ran into each other and hung out, hooked up

some time went by and I had forgotten about her and out of the blue she calls me and lets me down very easy...she was very delicate with dumping me...as I sat and listened to her diatribe, an evil thought entered my mind, as obviously TO ME this girl was full of herself and I was expected to be crushed, devastated, heartbroken, disheveled, and ruined...all at once

when she finished, and asked if I was ok...I told her no, and that I was going to kill myself...I even elaborated with how destroyed I was

she finally responds with "dude....we bought each other drinks and slept together a few times...that's it"

I shouted "exactly, psycho" and hung up...I felt bad for joking about suicide as it isn't funny...but she earned it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2016, 10:05 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,055,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
I was once dumped by a girl I didn't even know we were together
met at bar, I was 24...hung out a few times...slept together a few times...never really called and dated, just ran into each other and hung out, hooked up

some time went by and I had forgotten about her and out of the blue she calls me and lets me down very easy...she was very delicate with dumping me...as I sat and listened to her diatribe, an evil thought entered my mind, as obviously TO ME this girl was full of herself and I was expected to be crushed, devastated, heartbroken, disheveled, and ruined...all at once

when she finished, and asked if I was ok...I told her no, and that I was going to kill myself...I even elaborated with how destroyed I was

she finally responds with "dude....we bought each other drinks and slept together a few times...that's it"

I shouted "exactly, psycho" and hung up...I felt bad for joking about suicide as it isn't funny...but she earned it
I'm still not quite getting how someone trying to be kind to you because she doesn't KNOW how you feel/how you'll respond, and she wants to be nice to you, is deserving of a Nelson-esque "HA-ha!"

I think it takes a certain very specific kind of personality to take someone's niceness as a slap in the face. I mean...what went wrong there...?

Let's face it, if she had started right out of the gate with something snippy and final you'd be finding a reason to put her in her place there too. Witness the whole "that woman on FB was SO MEEN AND ROOOOOD!" hopping around going on this morning (and yesterday)...because she was firm. No matter what a woman says or does, if it involves rejection (even if you supposedly didn't care...and I am definitely not buying that in the above scenario, I mean give us some credit here, LOL), she somehow deserves nastiness, humiliation and so on. How dare she?

Be firm = what a witch with a B! She DESERVES a verbal slap in the face.
Be kind instead = what a witch with a B! She DESERVES a verbal slap in the face.

IOW: Be female and do something, anything the guy doesn't want, in any regard and with any style = what a witch with a B! She DESERVES a verbal slap in the face.

I really think some of you guys are getting back endlessly and repeatedly at your mommies or something (didn't she hug you enough? I'm sorry) with your continuous diatribes on what a woman "deserves to get" for, well, being herself, no matter what that is, and how. Bunch of lady killers, I'm sure you are...

Old 06-21-2016, 10:06 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,771,101 times
Bingo. ^^^

Old 06-21-2016, 11:01 AM

122 posts, read 123,028 times
Sometimes, a nice gesture is not interpreted as nice if you have ulterior motive.

Open a door is nice if thats it. You walk away after that.

Open a door is not nice if you use that as a lead in to approach a girl who doesn't want to be approached.

If a telemarketer call you and ask you , hows your day? Will you consider him/her nice? No, you know it is a lead in to get you stay on the phone in order to sell you something. Same concept.

Now, a separate subject, if you DO want to approach a girl, or even trying make a friend. Being nice is not it and I am not telling you to be rude. I am telling you to be interesting. Talk about something that makes her talk, laugh, blush, whatever.

Old 06-21-2016, 11:51 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,320,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milehighrockies View Post
Sometimes, a nice gesture is not interpreted as nice if you have ulterior motive.

Open a door is nice if thats it. You walk away after that.

Open a door is not nice if you use that as a lead in to approach a girl who doesn't want to be approached.

If a telemarketer call you and ask you , hows your day? Will you consider him/her nice? No, you know it is a lead in to get you stay on the phone in order to sell you something. Same concept.

Now, a separate subject, if you DO want to approach a girl, or even trying make a friend. Being nice is not it and I am not telling you to be rude. I am telling you to be interesting. Talk about something that makes her talk, laugh, blush, whatever.
Just because a man opens a door for a woman doesn't mean he wants to get in her pants.

Old 06-21-2016, 11:54 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,320,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I'm still not quite getting how someone trying to be kind to you because she doesn't KNOW how you feel/how you'll respond, and she wants to be nice to you, is deserving of a Nelson-esque "HA-ha!"

I think it takes a certain very specific kind of personality to take someone's niceness as a slap in the face. I mean...what went wrong there...?

Let's face it, if she had started right out of the gate with something snippy and final you'd be finding a reason to put her in her place there too. Witness the whole "that woman on FB was SO MEEN AND ROOOOOD!" hopping around going on this morning (and yesterday)...because she was firm. No matter what a woman says or does, if it involves rejection (even if you supposedly didn't care...and I am definitely not buying that in the above scenario, I mean give us some credit here, LOL), she somehow deserves nastiness, humiliation and so on. How dare she?

Be firm = what a witch with a B! She DESERVES a verbal slap in the face.
Be kind instead = what a witch with a B! She DESERVES a verbal slap in the face.

IOW: Be female and do something, anything the guy doesn't want, in any regard and with any style = what a witch with a B! She DESERVES a verbal slap in the face.

I really think some of you guys are getting back endlessly and repeatedly at your mommies or something (didn't she hug you enough? I'm sorry) with your continuous diatribes on what a woman "deserves to get" for, well, being herself, no matter what that is, and how. Bunch of lady killers, I'm sure you are...
Hey my mother and aunts hugged me a lot as a kid . I was raised by women overall, yet I'm not a lady killer lol.

Old 06-21-2016, 11:58 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,771,101 times
And yet you have posted on this very forum that you didn't like women or want to be around any of them, and you included your mother and sister in that group. Odd! Maybe too much hugging?

Old 06-21-2016, 12:12 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,882,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
And yet you have posted on this very forum that you didn't like women or want to be around any of them, and you included your mother and sister in that group. Odd! Maybe too much hugging?
As in inconsistent? but he has a girlfriend, but womens keep coming up to him to talk and no means no...but he doesn't attempt to talk because all women are so freaking RUDE when they don't want to talk?

hmmmm straight to 49er's Hall of Fame Ignore List for you women's.

Old 06-21-2016, 12:13 PM

26,701 posts, read 41,801,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Hey my mother and aunts hugged me a lot as a kid . I was raised by women overall, yet I'm not a lady killer lol.
I don't even really like hugging anyone, including my mother, that is not an issue.

Old 06-21-2016, 12:16 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,551,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I don't even really like hugging anyone, including my mother, that is not an issue.
Is it the actual hug or affection that's the problem?.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships