Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 07:30 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,553,761 times

Advertisements

LOL, by the time I'm 48, I'll have been married for only 11 years, vs. 24.

I hope to God I'm not "over it" by then. Yay for getting married older.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2016, 08:19 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,837,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johanastra View Post
Wife and I have been married 24 years, me 49, her 48. When we met she was one that really put a lot of effort into her looks and I really appreciated that. Not that it was the only thing that attracted me to her by any means but it was great and I certainly tried to show my appreciation, not just on her looks but other things she did. Even as we got older we still went on dates and did lots of fun stuff together, but for the past, I'd say year to year and a half she really has changed in her wardrobe. She never seems to care to wear more alluring attire at bedtime or even when we have sex. In fact, one thing that may seem trivial to complain about but I have certainly noticed is that she has pretty much exclusively started wearing those awful granny panties.

Now it's not that I am asking her to wear thongs, and I don't even like them but I have to admit they are a HUGE turn off! I kind of thought nowadays even women in their 50s and beyond gave up wearing those things for the most part. I have tried doing things such as setting a date for a place where you do typically dress a little nicer but she says she doesn't feel like getting ready. Some may say I am being shallow but this has been quite the 180 for me considering what she was like when we met and married.
When I was that age I started wearing my husbands oh so attractive tighty whiteys. Why I ever wore those barely cover your crotch, ride up your crack, scratchy panties, I don't know. I imagine you sport the banana hammock though.

Old 07-11-2016, 08:31 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,946,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johanastra View Post
Wife and I have been married 24 years, me 49, her 48. When we met she was one that really put a lot of effort into her looks and I really appreciated that. Not that it was the only thing that attracted me to her by any means but it was great and I certainly tried to show my appreciation, not just on her looks but other things she did. Even as we got older we still went on dates and did lots of fun stuff together, but for the past, I'd say year to year and a half she really has changed in her wardrobe. She never seems to care to wear more alluring attire at bedtime or even when we have sex. In fact, one thing that may seem trivial to complain about but I have certainly noticed is that she has pretty much exclusively started wearing those awful granny panties.

Now it's not that I am asking her to wear thongs, and I don't even like them but I have to admit they are a HUGE turn off! I kind of thought nowadays even women in their 50s and beyond gave up wearing those things for the most part. I have tried doing things such as setting a date for a place where you do typically dress a little nicer but she says she doesn't feel like getting ready. Some may say I am being shallow but this has been quite the 180 for me considering what she was like when we met and married.
In the last year/year and a half has she packed on some poundage?

Her self-esteem may have gone into a tail spin.

Old 07-11-2016, 08:37 AM

2,669 posts, read 2,090,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Have you discussed it with her? We can't help you until you discuss it with her and see what she says, see what's going on with her.

HOWEVER, I find it hard to believe that a woman still in her 40's is behaving/dressing as you say. Unless she's run down from dealing with kids, has had multiple kids, and may be having some hormonal issues.

OP, talk to your wife. You married her, you have sex with her, surely you can talk to her. Communication is key to a successful marriage. Do your part. Then get back to us. She's your wife, not ours.

You can certainly talk but talk is cheap. It is not likely that your wife just flat out will come out and tell you why she started letting herself go. If you want to make a change, I think you need to take action so that she feels more desirable and feels better about herself. Go on active dates, sign up for gym membership and go work out together, go on vacation to new destinations together. Try buying her the lingerie/outfits that you would want her to wear and see what her reaction is...

Old 07-11-2016, 08:47 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,990,199 times
How is the state of your marriage? She may he trying to look unsexy so you will stop approaching her sexually.

Whatever it is, you two really need to talk.

Old 07-11-2016, 08:57 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,837,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post
You can certainly talk but talk is cheap. It is not likely that your wife just flat out will come out and tell you why she started letting herself go. If you want to make a change, I think you need to take action so that she feels more desirable and feels better about herself. Go on active dates, sign up for gym membership and go work out together, go on vacation to new destinations together. Try buying her the lingerie/outfits that you would want her to wear and see what her reaction is...
Not wearing sexy panties is letting yourself go?

Old 07-11-2016, 09:04 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,553,761 times
No, but apparently, that's the "worst of all" part.

Old 07-11-2016, 09:08 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,334,272 times
She's probably thinking the same thing about you, OP.

Old 07-11-2016, 09:34 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,990,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
No, but apparently, that's the "worst of all" part.
This is the other thing...I realize it's already been touched on, but...how pushy are you about your wife's exact underwear and so on, OP? And how much of a hard time are you giving her about it (even if it's constant gentle "nudges")? Maybe she's just over it and back-lashing.

Have you let things "slip" too - say, being emotional, paying attention, going out - yet still expect her to don the French maid outfit? If so, she's probably resentful.

The truth is, we can't know...you need to ask her what's up.

Old 07-11-2016, 09:47 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,943,649 times
Maybe its different when you're married awhile, I don't know, but I always saw underwear was something I wanted to get my lover out of, so I never really cared about it. The best underwear was "off".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships