Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 03:26 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Now, look in the mirror and honestly tell us how much YOU changed in the last 24 years, and what YOU do to look hot and desirable. Maybe you two just need to sit down and have a conversation about it? Telling US doesn't change a thing...
Why is it always the man's fault? According to some of you women can't do no wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2016, 07:38 PM

44,359 posts, read 20,063,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Why is it always the man's fault? According to some of you women can't do no wrong.
She didn't say it's the OP's fault, nor that it's always the man's fault. She's just suggesting that he look at the whole picture and consider whether he has changed as well and, more importantly, that he discuss it with her.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 07-11-2016, 08:29 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
It takes two people to make a good relationship and it takes two to make a bad one. Almost never is only one person at fault.

Old 07-12-2016, 10:33 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,932,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Welcome to that point in life when hormones begin to change.

Other than replacement, which carries significant risks, there is not much you can do about it.

Things are different.....the temperament, the enthusiasm, the love life and the overall ability to cope. My suggestion is that you, OP, change as well or you are in for many years of....well.....frustration.

Menopause takes a HUGE toll on women.....physically, and mentally as well. They are no longer a "woman" in their mind.....and it is VERY troubling. You and I might not give a hoot--we still love them like a precious treasure--but in their minds, they perceive themselves as being something less, and it is a torturous time in their lives.

The answer is that there is no answer. Try to be understanding and deal with it.
Yep. My wife had to have a full hysterectomy before age thirty, IE she went through menopause extremely early. It changed her. She gained weight, a LOT of weight.. Lost motivation. Let herself go. Quit dressing nicely. Quit being active. Became depressed. Lost passion, lost all interest in sex. Became moody. Withdrawn. Passive. Lazy. Quit caring how she looked. IE, she was in no way whatsoever the person I married. It got where I didn't recognize her anymore. I'd come home and wonder 'what happened? Who is this person?'

Old 07-12-2016, 11:42 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Wow, her very young hysterectomy must have been so hard for you.

Old 07-13-2016, 01:09 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Welcome to that point in life when hormones begin to change.

Other than replacement, which carries significant risks, there is not much you can do about it.

Things are different.....the temperament, the enthusiasm, the love life and the overall ability to cope. My suggestion is that you, OP, change as well or you are in for many years of....well.....frustration.

Menopause takes a HUGE toll on women.....physically, and mentally as well. They are no longer a "woman" in their mind.....and it is VERY troubling. You and I might not give a hoot--we still love them like a precious treasure--but in their minds, they perceive themselves as being something less, and it is a torturous time in their lives.

The answer is that there is no answer. Try to be understanding and deal with it.

This is B.S. Menopause doesn't change the basic nature of a woman. A woman who is a pain in the ass after menopause was a pain in the ass before.

Old 07-13-2016, 01:15 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Yep. My wife had to have a full hysterectomy before age thirty, IE she went through menopause extremely early. It changed her. She gained weight, a LOT of weight.. Lost motivation. Let herself go. Quit dressing nicely. Quit being active. Became depressed. Lost passion, lost all interest in sex. Became moody. Withdrawn. Passive. Lazy. Quit caring how she looked. IE, she was in no way whatsoever the person I married. It got where I didn't recognize her anymore. I'd come home and wonder 'what happened? Who is this person?'
This is someone in need of a doctor's help. But sure, it can be an emotional shock to find yourself middle-aged before you turn 30, in the hormonal respect. At that age, a woman could feel that her life was just as it's barely begun.

Old 07-13-2016, 03:53 AM

3,143 posts, read 2,659,627 times
Leave her bro. Especially if she's balding.

Old 07-13-2016, 08:53 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy2U View Post
Sorry, Ruth4Truth, the bolded is very, very WRONG. Menopause is different for every woman - as is peri-menopause. Please don't paint every woman with the same broad brush. Symptoms can vary widely, people vary widely, and what spouses do and don't know or notice varies widely as well - assumptions otherwise serve no purpose.
Perhaps you should direct this to Ted Bears post. I think all Ruth was saying is he should know if it were menopause. Being married to someone for that long I don't know how one wouldn't notice signs of menopause. I've dated guys less than a year that were more in tune to my cycle than I was.

Old 07-13-2016, 02:49 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,932,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is someone in need of a doctor's help. But sure, it can be an emotional shock to find yourself middle-aged before you turn 30, in the hormonal respect. At that age, a woman could feel that her life was just as it's barely begun.
Yeah that was over ten yrs ago. I truly feel horrible for what she's been put through due to no fault of her own. It truly wrecked her. To the point that she became different person, inside and out, whom I would not have married. Menopause hit her really, really hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships