Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 12:10 PM

733 posts, read 603,149 times

Advertisements

A great number of women on OKCupid claim that they love travel and some of them want to travel the world. Domestic travel isn't fancy enough for them, apparently.

Personally, I've travelled to a few places too but I can't travel too much anymore. I've always been afraid to fly since I was 10 years old, but my aerophobia was really out of control last year on an eventful flight. The fear of flight is holding me back from international travels. Currently, I don't fly unless I absolutely have to. My doctor prescribed Xanax but that's the last resort to panic attacks on flights.

Nevertheless, I do understand that women love travel more than men do. I'm fine if my SO wants to travel with her friends or alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2016, 12:13 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
I've actually never dated a flying man.

But I'd like to.

Getting more real here: I have never considered it either a plus or a minus that a man would get on a plane, LOL. It wouldn't bother me either way.

Old 07-25-2016, 12:19 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,344,128 times
I have no problems with flying, but I will NOT go on a cruise. I have a fear of the ocean. A couple of women I've dated have been on cruises.

Old 07-25-2016, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
I have no problems with flying, but I will NOT go on a cruise. I have a fear of the ocean. A couple of women I've dated have been on cruises.
It's easier to avoid cruises. I don't really fear ocean but I find cruise pretty boring. It's better to fly to your destination and explore on your own. The embarkation alone can take hours, which is a waste of time unless you are a retiree.

Old 07-25-2016, 12:48 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayesian View Post
A great number of women on OKCupid claim that they love travel and some of them want to travel the world. Domestic travel isn't fancy enough for them, apparently.

Personally, I've travelled to a few places too but I can't travel too much anymore. I've always been afraid to fly since I was 10 years old, but my aerophobia was really out of control last year on an eventful flight. The fear of flight is holding me back from international travels. Currently, I don't fly unless I absolutely have to. My doctor prescribed Xanax but that's the last resort to panic attacks on flights.

Nevertheless, I do understand that women love travel more than men do. I'm fine if my SO wants to travel with her friends or alone.
The Xanax works though, right? I wouldn't really care because I don't fly that much either, although I don't fear it.

Old 07-25-2016, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
The Xanax works though, right? I wouldn't really care because I don't fly that much either, although I don't fear it.
Xanax prevents panic attacks and other physical symptoms, but it doesn't eliminate psychological fears. Also, Xanax is addictive with long-term use.

Old 07-25-2016, 01:19 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Do most women get to travel the world. I thought that was a thing for the wealthy, entitled?
When do they find the time and money?

Old 07-25-2016, 01:26 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Do most women get to travel the world. I thought that was a thing for the wealthy, entitled?
No, travel is fairly cheap nowadays. Its just about priorities. The majority of people I know do at least one international trip a year, or at least a significant domestic trip.

It's been 1.5 years for me which is too long, but I had some other projects which have been taking my discretionary resources.

This is definitely something I get screened on the "no" side with on dating since I don't travel as robustly as a lot of the people I meet, and won't have the time/resources to do so frequently for a couple of years (again, due to other prioritized choices). But lots of people start a 3-4 weeks vacation, then quickly move up... and then a good chunk of people (though obviously not near a majority) travel overseas for work and then extend the trip to tour.

Old 07-25-2016, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I don't know.

A trip to Mexico won't break the bank, and SE Asia isn't expensive except for the airfare.

However, a couple of women said they took a year to travel, that's another story.

Old 07-25-2016, 01:29 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
I like to travel but it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me as long as I could go once in awhile…although it is much more fun with a partner

Wow…I am sorry for all of today's daters that have to be screened so thoroughly before you even meet. If I was in the market now I would miss the old days where people learned as they went and didn't start out with so many rules. It's kind of sad to think how many potential "loves" are lost because there seems to be no flexibility. Do people not realize that in many relationships there has to be compromise?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships