Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 12:42 PM

102,279 posts, read 108,356,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx View Post
The premise of the 80/20 rule is that you will never get more than 80% of what you want in a partner, the 80/20 rule is why many cheat and why many have a fear of commitment.

Examples:
"she is a great mother to my children,beautiful, keeps herself in shape and runs the household perfectly, but she only want's to have sex twice a week"

Where do you get this stuff? We've never heard of this particular 80/20 rule, here on C-D. It sure isn't why so many have a fear of commitment. There is generally no fear of commitment when people find a really great match. In that circumstance, they can't wait to commit. They can't commit fast enough, lol. Often, fear of commitment relates to parental divorce issues in someone's background.

Sex twice a week is twice as much, even 4 times as much, as what a fair number of guys are getting. More than what some married women are getting, too. Life can always be worse.

OP, you're overthinking. Keep looking; you just haven't found the right woman yet. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2016, 12:44 PM

52,395 posts, read 52,882,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Where do you get this stuff? We've never heard of this particular 80/20 rule, here on C-D. It sure isn't why so many have a fear of commitment. There is generally no fear of commitment when people find a really great match. In that circumstance, they can't wait to commit. They can't commit fast enough, lol. Often, fear of commitment relates to parental divorce issues in someone's background.

Sex twice a week is twice as much, even 4 times as much, as what a fair number of guys are getting. More than what some married women are getting, too. Life can always be worse.

OP, you're overthinking. Keep looking; you just haven't found the right woman yet. Good luck.

People have posted the same vid here on CD a few times now over the years, you must have just missed them.

Old 08-07-2016, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ;45043289;
. You know you're on the antisocial side, live financially very close to the vest/semi-off the grid which naturally is going to eliminate a certain percentage of women (well, all people...how about friends, guy friends? Do you have those? You don't mention any), generally don't go out except at night, and refuse to smile in your photos/wear bandannas and carry weapons with a glare on your face in photos. You know you have anxiety and you may have depression. Fix those - stop looking for reasons outside yourself. You already know what needs to be fixed even just for your own happiness, much less bringing a second person into the equation.
lol! Really?? OP, it's time to get real. You have issues. Many people do, it's quite common, nothing to be ashamed of. Deal with them, and life can--will--improve. Are you marginally employed? Your health care may cover "mental health" care, i.e. counseling/therapy. A good psychologist/psychotherapist can help you turn around the depression and resolve whatever from your past is messing you up. (Whatever happened to you as a kid is not your fault. But if you let it go without dealing with it as an adult, that is on you.) The trick is to find a good one. They're out there. Best of luck!

Old 08-07-2016, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
People have posted the same vid here on CD a few times now over the years, you must have just missed them.
Oh, yeah, I guess I've missed that particular gem. Haven't seen that version of the 80/20 rule posted, either. haha, what a loss!

Old 08-07-2016, 01:17 PM

641 posts, read 406,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
I thought the 80/20 rule was that 80 percent of women find 20 percent of men attractive.

Jeez, it's just so difficult to keep these rules straight!!
The saying tends to be 80% of women are going after 20% of the men.

Old 08-07-2016, 01:21 PM

22,668 posts, read 47,866,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx View Post
The premise of the 80/20 rule is that you will never get more than 80% of what you want in a partner, the 80/20 rule is why many cheat and why many have a fear of commitment.
Nah...
someone's personal opinion does not make it a rule.

You are overthinking your situation, and you are looking for excuses because of that.

Old 08-07-2016, 01:30 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,487,769 times
I think the real 80/20 rule is 80% of the time 20% of relationship forum posters make up statistics and rules to validate their personal opinions.

I think I just did the same.

Old 08-07-2016, 01:31 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,565,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Nah...
someone's personal opinion does not make it a rule.

You are overthinking your situation, and you are looking for excuses because of that.
Yeah exactly.... I wonder if he stumbled across it somewhere and thought.. " yup that's a good excuse ... I'll use that "

Old 08-07-2016, 01:42 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,085,387 times
80% of the time my husband doesn't forget to keep me from grabbing the remote control first.

Darn it.

Wait. MY GOD, IT'S TRUE...it's all true.

Old 08-07-2016, 01:42 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,036,061 times
The OP has even said that he hasn't dated in a really long time, so how can he even say "Relationships suck" when he can't even find a woman that will date him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships