Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2016, 11:10 AM

1,830 posts, read 2,152,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
LOL yeah I know what you mean mate ..... That being the case I'd be more inclined to do something else to actually draw more attention than divert it ( which a movie will do ).

I've not read the thread but to be honest I really can't think of many better ways to get them in the mood as such than taking them out and making a fuss about them..... You know drinks, meal etc and just make a night of it

I feel you, but it's not just a movie. When they come over I cook up some of my best recipes. My cooking skills continue to improve and that's another thing that drives them crazy.

The girl that came last night for instance was very shy, so it was the decent thing to go easy on her and give her a moment. She's Asian, and typically they aren't very aggressive. Putting on a movie, making her dinner and so on made her feel comfortable. You can't go 100 mph on every single women. That's not how it works.

These clowns here wouldn't know that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2016, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
It's just an odd choice of movies Cute, intimidatingly fit young blonde. Handsome Good Samaritan who turns out to be a psycho. Unoriginal plot, with predictable twists. Geez, way to set the mood. Although, they at least humanized the heroine with a pee bottle.

So you actually watched it? That's awesome haha. Yeah, it's nothing spectacular, but it's simple. I'm shocked you don't think it would set the mood though. Many women I've dated like thrillers and horror type films, which is why I gravitated towards this one. It's pretty tame compared to what else is available.

Old 08-09-2016, 11:24 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
It's just an odd choice of movies Cute, intimidatingly fit young blonde. Handsome Good Samaritan who turns out to be a psycho. Unoriginal plot, with predictable twists. Geez, way to set the mood. Although, they at least humanized the heroine with a pee bottle.
How could that possibly get anyone in the mood? And since when does the guy pick the movie, anyway? I know some women would turn that down before the TV got turned on, and would say, "What else do you have?" or "Let's go to the video store/library, and find something better."

I'm surprised it hasn't occurred to you, OP, that this would cause some women to leave at the end of the movie. They might think you're telling them you're secretly like the guy in the film. It's a creepy choice for a date.

Old 08-09-2016, 11:26 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,533,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
I feel you, but it's not just a movie. When they come over I cook up some of my best recipes. My cooking skills continue to improve and that's another thing that drives them crazy.

The girl that came last night for instance was very shy, so it was the decent thing to go easy on her and give her a moment. She's Asian, and typically they aren't very aggressive. Putting on a movie, making her dinner and so on made her feel comfortable. You can't go 100 mph on every single women. That's not how it works.

These clowns here wouldn't know that.
No agreed that you have to respect the individual and as I've just mentioned on another thread that a persons personality solely dictates how forward or laid back I am

However with that in mind I wouldn't look into the stereotypical Asian stance too much as if it's on your mind you will miss what's actually in front of you and you'll not pick up on signs and get complacent possibly

For what it's worth if ^^^^ is the case then you are not at all doing badly and I'm sure that will go down well, but make sure you take her out though as social interaction is HUGELY IMPORTANT I feel because she will see you for who you really are

That's one of the reasons why I insist in taking them out especially in the early stages as even the way I treat others such as a barmaid, waiter, cab driver etc goes a long way in showing them the type of person I am ... Hence getting them in the mood LMAO

Old 08-09-2016, 11:32 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
So you actually watched it? That's awesome haha. Yeah, it's nothing spectacular, but it's simple. I'm shocked you don't think it would set the mood though. Many women I've dated like thrillers and horror type films, which is why I gravitated towards this one. It's pretty tame compared to what else is available.
I love thrillers but they don't make me horny. The right person makes me horny. Not a guy who's incredibly talented at scrolling through Netflix. That's kind of sad, IMO.

You are dating some pretty desperate women. They meet you for the first time, get all excited that you cook (??? That's a big deal? How badly are these women used to being treated if just being handed a plate of food makes them drop their pants?) and then put out because of a scary movie.

Low-hanging fruit?

Old 08-09-2016, 11:33 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,236,969 times
Quote:
I normally like psychological thrillers; the kind with a real mind-eff ending, and after it's over you need some time to process it. And hopefully watch it again.

Old 08-09-2016, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I love thrillers but they don't make me horny. The right person makes me horny. Not a guy who's incredibly talented at scrolling through Netflix. That's kind of sad, IMO.

You are dating some pretty desperate women. They meet you for the first time, get all excited that you cook (??? That's a big deal? How badly are these women used to being treated if just being handed a plate of food makes them drop their pants?) and then put out because of a scary movie.

Low-hanging fruit?

Some are low hanging fruit, I'll admit, but most aren't. Some of these women I meet in various different places. Some are much more challenging than others. Like the woman I had last night was very accomplished. I even felt a bit intimidated for a moment when I first met her, but my charm and game is pretty effective. I did have to take her out a few times but I was able to get her to come over.

Old 08-09-2016, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
No agreed that you have to respect the individual and as I've just mentioned on another thread that a persons personality solely dictates how forward or laid back I am

However with that in mind I wouldn't look into the stereotypical Asian stance too much as if it's on your mind you will miss what's actually in front of you and you'll not pick up on signs and get complacent possibly

For what it's worth if ^^^^ is the case then you are not at all doing badly and I'm sure that will go down well, but make sure you take her out though as social interaction is HUGELY IMPORTANT I feel because she will see you for who you really are

That's one of the reasons why I insist in taking them out especially in the early stages as even the way I treat others such as a barmaid, waiter, cab driver etc goes a long way in showing them the type of person I am ... Hence getting them in the mood LMAO
Oh no. Trust me. I would never allow a woman to come over without out with her at least once. I've learned my lesson from one particular incident. ::shudders::

Old 08-09-2016, 11:40 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,659,380 times
Quote:
Some are low hanging fruit, I'll admit, but most aren't. Some of these women I meet in various different places. Some are much more challenging than others. Like the woman I had last night was very accomplished. I even felt a bit intimidated for a moment when I first met her, but my charm and game is pretty effective. I did have to take her out a few times but I was able to get her to come over.
You certainly don't lack for confidence, do you?

Old 08-09-2016, 11:42 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986pacecar View Post
You certainly don't lack for confidence, do you?
Do you really believe what he's saying?

He talks like and thinks like a middle-schooler and believes the grownups get laid by putting on scary movies, yet you think he is actually "having" woman after woman?

It's sad. It seems lonely, to me. But he's getting attention, so there's that, at the very least. Maybe it's helping. I don't know. I mean life is hard, who am I to judge, I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships