Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2017, 02:05 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,551,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
I think you're right. Even during my younger "shy days", I was often asked by women to dance, to sit down with me, to have a drink, etc. And I am eternally grateful to those who did because it helped me realize that my lack of confidence was based on nonfactual things I believed about myself.

Still, much later in life, it was indeed my current wife who came up to the table I was sitting at, flattered me, and asked me to dance, 20 or so years ago.

Exhibit A: Woman With Confidence.

I raise my glass to your wife, sir, she is indeed a rare catch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2017, 02:07 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,869,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
Speak up for what you want instead of playing 'coy'. Believe it or not there are actually confident women who do this. Either that, or stock up on kitty litter.

You also posted...

If she approaches... there's something " wrong" with her.

Walking past a guy and twirling your hair or standing in his line of sight just to be seen is not an 'approach'.
The poster you're responding to doesn't have any problem attracting men.
All we're doing is explaining how it is that we do approach men, and do put in effort.
If you don't recognize it that's fine.
I don't think any of us is trying to figure out how to get a man's attention just letting you know what works for us....

Old 08-20-2017, 02:07 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
I think you're right. Even during my younger "shy days", I was often asked by women to dance, to sit down with me, to have a drink, etc. And I am eternally grateful to those who did because it helped me realize that my lack of confidence was based on nonfactual things I believed about myself.

Still, much later in life, it was indeed my current wife who came up to the table I was sitting at, flattered me, and asked me to dance, 20 or so years ago.
I applaud your wife sir. At least she opened her mouth and said something and didn't do some passive aggressive "orbiting" act.

Old 08-20-2017, 02:08 PM

I understand fully what she said.

Are you going to be okay, though? Seems I struck a nerve.

Old 08-20-2017, 02:17 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,969,781 times
Quote:
Speak up for what you want instead of playing 'coy'. Believe it or not there are actually confident women who do this. Either that, or stock up on kitty litter.

You also posted...

If she approaches... there's something " wrong" with her.

Walking past a guy and twirling your hair or standing in his line of sight just to be seen is not an 'approach'.

Did I say it was? I said that if she "does" approach some guys will say that there's something wrong with her and others will complain when women don't do the approaching.
Look at your attitude... if she's coy... she's flawed. She arrogant.
I am guessing you don't like it if a woman flirts with you either or don't know when she is.
How many chihuahuas ( man cats) do you own?

Old 08-20-2017, 02:22 PM

No, I make women comfortable enough to come up and say something. I didn't always, but lately it's been happening more and more. I interact with those women, and those women only.

I've yet to meet a woman randomly in the street who intrigued me enough that I approached her, uninvited.

Old 08-20-2017, 02:28 PM

Quote:
No, I make women comfortable enough to come up and say something. I didn't always, but lately it's been happening more and more. I interact with those women, and those women only.

I've yet to meet a woman randomly in the street who intrigued me enough that I approached her, uninvited.

Really? And just how do you make a women who doesn't know you from Adam feel comfortable enough to approach you? Smile, twirl your hair? , put your head down?

Old 08-20-2017, 02:32 PM

They apparently have no problem asking what book I'm reading, for example, sparking conversation. They definitely don't mind requesting that I reach something high up on a supermarket shelf for them. I take this to assume I'm 'approachable', on some level.

Women with insecurities, in my opinion, do the non-verbal 'orbiting' and 'flirting' stuff for fear of rejection. I'm not so hot that anyone is fearing or caring about rejection from me. I apparently just appear nice enough (which does mystify me a bit) that they don't mind speaking up. Again, I'm talking about women who exhibit confidence, not women who need the ego boost of having a guy they noticed approach them first.

Old 08-20-2017, 02:40 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,758,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Lol.. darned if you do, darned if you don't! Some men complain that women never approach and some men complain when they do. If she approaches... there's something " wrong" with her.
If she subtle, ( so she's not looked at as being aggressive ) she thinks she's all that and she's
arrogant. What's a girl to do! LMAO
Maybe just realize everyone ain't gonna feel you, so you may as well just obvious and let fall where it does. It's what guys have to do apparently.

Old 08-20-2017, 02:44 PM

Quote:
They apparently have no problem asking what book I'm reading, for example, sparking conversation. They definitely don't mind requesting that I reach something high up on a supermarket shelf for them. I take this to assume I'm 'approachable', on some level.

Women with insecurities, in my opinion, do the non-verbal 'orbiting' and 'flirting' stuff for fear of rejection. I'm not so hot that anyone is fearing or caring about rejection from me. I apparently just appear nice enough (which does mystify me a bit) that they don't mind speaking up. Again, I'm talking about women who exhibit confidence, not women who need the ego boost of having a guy they noticed approach them first.
Again I ask... what is it that you do that makes a complete stranger feel comfortable enough to approach you?
I've asked guys to get things off of high shelves too, but what does that have to do with anything. I ask because I can't reach it... not as a ploy to meet him. Apples and oranges. Aren't you worried that these women are just being coy... "Oh I am short, it would be really nice if a big tall guy like you could get it down for me!"
Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships