Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2017, 01:57 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,869,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I assume they might get their hopes up because a woman talked to them first. It usually never happens to a man in their lives so they get excited. If you aren't interested in them romantically you should make that known ahead of time. It'll save some feelings in the process.

"Hello, first of all, I am not romantically interested in you. Do you know if Pizza Hut delivers all the way out here?"

That should go over pretty well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 02:16 PM

473 posts, read 307,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Some people don't take no for an answer, scary.

And I've had at least one stalker-ish person (Now that I think about it, he wasn't full blown stalker) Having a full blown stalker is...ugh.
What he did?

Old 03-23-2017, 02:36 PM

473 posts, read 307,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post

"Hello, first of all, I am not romantically interested in you.

That should go over pretty well.
No,that is not working, for some reason some mens ears are taking it as "your place or mine?"

Maybe the speed of sound between Venus and Mars does it..

What comes to being deaf

Some men and some women are either obsessive or stalkers but I feel that men tend to show more violent traits when they become disappointed. Or if not more, at least used violence or threat of it is stronger. Also not all men and women are clear to say they are not interested because they like to gain attention but I am not talking about this type of game.

I talk about this type of situations when I end up to yell my head red on these some guys and they don't understand "the hint". I guess moderation stops me for giving example of angry no with unpleasant wishes after nice no:s are repeated but I trust your imagination. Basicly if you can see her adenoids, that is "the no".

What bothers me is that for example at concert when a guy comes to "talk" to me I would be really glad to talk with any guy who is not in drugs or drunk. But after saying simple hi... Hi seems to equal with "yes I want to go in bed with you".. Well, these same guys after no no:s then might come many times to try their luck at same night.. Maybe they keep drinking more and think that a woman is getting drunk instead them and that is why they keep trying again? After few more beer she says yes?

At the latest concert I refused to take any contact with any guy, I had no eye contact, I did not said hello to anyone and I turned my head away from them to enjoy this concert and still this one guy was able to touch me many times, blabber to me without an answer till his touch could not be counted as "accident" anymore and I snapped and his friends took him away.. Yet still he came back and touched me to say he is sorry and stayed next to me even I did not said anything and his friends came and took him again and they left the building..

It is scary when a woman actually needs 6 other people to remove a guy away from her, like my opinion does no matter. I can keep yelling no:s and worse and I am not heard..

I wonder if I would keep continue standing like a statue without any contact on him without even turning on his way ever, he would just take advantage and do perhaps what all without any kind of response from my side? How is ignoring taken as she must be interested of me? Do we always have to scream and kick guys away to show we don't like them?

Like is there a way to a woman to exist without someone is thinking how to get into her pants? I yelled like a lion on his face and he still came back.. If guys can give tips how to say no in a way that guy would understand it I would be very thankful.

How in guys opinion a woman should act to get her message through? "We can talk but I don't want sex" or "we can be friends but I dont want sex" are not working either.

And yes I have met also some nice guys to talk to at my hometown but this town seem to be full of these guys who don't understand difference of talking and having sex.

Old 03-23-2017, 02:52 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,869,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerDarling View Post
No,that is not working, for some reason some mens ears are taking it as "your place or mine?"

And yes I have met also some nice guys to talk to at my hometown but this town seem to be full of these guys who don't understand difference of talking and having sex.
Agreed, completely.
Sorry, sometimes I exaggerate to make a point, no one says: "First, I am not romantically interested" only someone who's wondering what it would be like to communicate with the opposites sex supposes these silly thoughts.

I get the same reaction as you, maybe we're being too polite? The hostile, sometimes violent reaction, or feel sorry for them-self stalking is why OLD (online dating) can't be taken too seriously either. I may have gotten really enthused reactions, then if that's who I pick, they turn into a possessive fruitcake or crybaby within days.

I don't know the answer, except more experience leads to more knowledge and confidence.

Old 03-23-2017, 03:16 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,350,998 times
Quote:

What comes to being deaf

Some men and some women are either obsessive or stalkers but I feel that men tend to show more violent traits when they become disappointed. Or if not more, at least used violence or threat of it is stronger. Also not all men and women are clear to say they are not interested because they like to gain attention but I am not talking about this type of game.

I talk about this type of situations when I end up to yell my head red on these some guys and they don't understand "the hint". I guess moderation stops me for giving example of angry no with unpleasant wishes after nice no:s are repeated but I trust your imagination. Basicly if you can see her adenoids, that is "the no".

What bothers me is that for example at concert when a guy comes to "talk" to me I would be really glad to talk with any guy who is not in drugs or drunk. But after saying simple hi... Hi seems to equal with "yes I want to go in bed with you".. Well, these same guys after no no:s then might come many times to try their luck at same night.. Maybe they keep drinking more and think that a woman is getting drunk instead them and that is why they keep trying again? After few more beer she says yes?

At the latest concert I refused to take any contact with any guy, I had no eye contact, I did not said hello to anyone and I turned my head away from them to enjoy this concert and still this one guy was able to touch me many times, blabber to me without an answer till his touch could not be counted as "accident" anymore and I snapped and his friends took him away.. Yet still he came back and touched me to say he is sorry and stayed next to me even I did not said anything and his friends came and took him again and they left the building..

It is scary when a woman actually needs 6 other people to remove a guy away from her, like my opinion does no matter. I can keep yelling no:s and worse and I am not heard..

I wonder if I would keep continue standing like a statue without any contact on him without even turning on his way ever, he would just take advantage and do perhaps what all without any kind of response from my side? How is ignoring taken as she must be interested of me? Do we always have to scream and kick guys away to show we don't like them?

Like is there a way to a woman to exist without someone is thinking how to get into her pants? I yelled like a lion on his face and he still came back.. If guys can give tips how to say no in a way that guy would understand it I would be very thankful.

How in guys opinion a woman should act to get her message through? "We can talk but I don't want sex" or "we can be friends but I dont want sex" are not working either.

Are you in Chandler?

Like I said, a lot of these types... Even ignoring them does not work. If they want something, they are going to get it come hell or high water.

Old 04-07-2017, 10:32 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,269,236 times
because men either sink or swim, women pretty much float if that makes sense, men either rise to the top or sink to the bottom, while women exist somewhere happily in the middle

Old 04-07-2017, 10:40 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,551,381 times
Quote:

What comes to being deaf

Guys like this annoy me to no end--they make men look like idiots.

Old 04-08-2017, 03:27 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,350,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
Guys like this annoy me to no end--they make men look like idiots.
It's really sick and scary...

Old 08-19-2017, 06:22 PM

252 posts, read 359,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar21 View Post
Women often complain that men are too afraid to approach to conversate, i know it's traditional for men to break the ice at first but why won't women do the same?
Because there's a good chance the man will have sex with a woman if he thinks she's interested even though he's not, then she gets hurt... Whereas, most women won't lead a guy on if they're not interested... I know women on online dating sites that don't initiate anything, they just wait to be contacted and then decide whether to reply.

Old 08-19-2017, 11:18 PM

639 posts, read 376,654 times
Generally I find the highly coveted women have no need and those that aren't as attractive are more assertive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships