Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 09:44 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,746,293 times

Advertisements

If you don't say something, when she ends up with someone else, you will be in a bad spot too. How are you going to like living with the girl you like, but is with someone else? You have nothing to lose by saying something. She could turn you down, but at least it would be over with.

From her perspective, she got out of a relationship 5-6 months ago. Maybe she has been attracted to you for a few months. I can see how she wouldn't want to get out of a relationship, then get into an instant relationship, which is what it would be because the two of you are living together. There's no chance for normal dating there. So her hesitation makes sense. But at some point, she should be able to make a decision if it's worth it.

My feeling is that she likes you. I don't see a girl bringing a guy to church she has no interest in, but I guess you never know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2017, 02:55 PM

1,917 posts, read 1,281,664 times
Yea, I'm really tempted to say something but I don't want it to be awkward if it goes south. Gosh I really like this girl! I wish she entered my life when she was more emotionally stable. Her and I are going to the movies tonight. "As friends/roommates". We just want to get out of the house for a little.

Old 01-07-2017, 02:58 PM

1,190 posts, read 1,027,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
Hey so me and my roommate acquired a 3rd roommate about 4 months ago. I'm a guy, and both of my roommates are girls. The new roommate came over to look at the place before she moved in, and I was instantly attracted(unfortunately). So anyway, her and I have become friends (got into a few silly arguments and rebounded real quick. We laugh about it now), and we have spend a lot of time together. We are very similar in different areas of mentality/core values. On time we were having a discussion about something and she threw out that she thinks I'm attractive. Anyway, I never made a pass on her, and we always joke and tease each other. One time she brought up that she wants to stay single for a year because she is still getting over her ex(broke up 5-6 months ago). And that's cool, but I just don't know if I should try to hang around and stay friends with her in hopes that something could happen later on? Or if I should just treat her as just a "bro". We recently started calling each other " dear" and "darling" for fun.
I really like this girl and I hate that I do. I could see myself dating her seriously because we enjoy each other's company and we are very similar. She even got me to go to church with her! Lol. I want to tell her I would like to be more than friends but I can't right now. I hate that she is in my life now honestly because I really like her and I don't know if she feels slightly the same about me. My gut says there is some attraction from her. I'm just venting and trying to program my mind to not care about her.
You don't need to hang around and wait for her, you already live with her. She seems attracted to you to some degree or is keeping it open but has established some boundaries for herself to wait a year before dating. You should honor them. Then after a year, you can see how it goes. Until then, don't get overly flirtatious because I think she knows she isn't ready. Going to church with her is a great way to connect and remain strongly connected to her. Just curious but how old are you? how old is she?

One of the best circumstances is if after some time, the tension becomes so much you just know it's right to kiss her. I happens naturally. You already have a leg up on anyone she may consider dating anyhow. It is much more romantic to have it unfold naturally than planning it out since you already live together. But don't go all the way, even if you kiss.....don't scare her off. Just when the time is right, kiss her then back off.... let her persue you. Then there will be no question then and you won't make her feel as if she is pressured to do anything against her values. She sounds like a keeper

Old 01-07-2017, 03:04 PM

1,917 posts, read 1,281,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyDrew1 View Post
You don't need to hang around and wait for her, you already live with her. She seems attracted to you to some degree or is keeping it open but has established some boundaries for herself to wait a year before dating. You should honor them. Then after a year, you can see how it goes. Until then, don't get overly flirtatious because I think she knows she isn't ready. Going to church with her is a great way to connect and remain strongly connected to her. Just curious but how old are you? how old is she?

One of the best circumstances is if after some time, the tension becomes so much you just know it's right to kiss her. Really that is much more romantic than planning it out since you already live together. But don't go all the way....don't scare her off. Just when the time is right, kiss her then back off and let her persue you. Then there will be no question and you won't make her feel as if she is pressured to do anything against her values.
I'm respecting her choices. That's the point of this thread lol.

Old 01-07-2017, 03:07 PM

1,190 posts, read 1,027,456 times
Quote:
I'm respecting her choices. That's the point of this thread lol.
I can see that via your posts. it's just a reminder. I edited the post so you can read it again. Good luck to you!

Old 01-07-2017, 04:25 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
You know she's attracted to you because she told you so.

It's nice that you are respecting her wish to stay single for a year, so one thing you could say to test the waters is to ask her about that.

"So ... are you still set on being single for a year?" Or ask her when the year is up! LOL

Old 01-07-2017, 05:22 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,533,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
You know she's attracted to you because she told you so.

It's nice that you are respecting her wish to stay single for a year, so one thing you could say to test the waters is to ask her about that.

"So ... are you still set on being single for a year?" Or ask her when the year is up! LOL
Yeah I like this and would do that myself

OP I've not read the entire thread so apologise if I'm redundant but I think she's interested and the best thing you have going for you is that you're on such great speaking terms with her.

If you don't want to steam in and ask her out that's fine but I'd do as suggested above and talk more about dating in general for the both of you, it WILL naturally open more conversations about it and you'll get a better idea of not only the year thing but more importantly she will see ( get the hint ) without you actually asking her out mate.......Then you'll see JUST how interested she is and have a much clearer picture of how to proceed

Old 01-07-2017, 05:37 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,638,670 times
Quote:
Yea, I'm really tempted to say something but I don't want it to be awkward if it goes south. Gosh I really like this girl! I wish she entered my life when she was more emotionally stable. Her and I are going to the movies tonight. "As friends/roommates". We just want to get out of the house for a little.
M3 if it's not too late and your reading this on your iphone or whatever on your date tonight, flirt with her a bit, and kiss her tonight. Don't force it though.. has to come natural. Make her feel comfortable with you.

Don't stress the "just friends" thing. You my friend are in danger of the proverbial "friend zone". You are ripe for it actually. Which means you lose and some other guy gets the girl.

Make sure she knows you have a romantic interest, and let her know tonight when it's the prime opportunity.

If you snooze you lose. Someone else won't. I guarantee that, and you'll be wondering "what if" for months possibly years down the road.

My suggestion is don't let that happen.

Old 01-07-2017, 06:43 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,832,148 times
It never took me 6 months to get over a man. Just sayin'.

If I were you, I would hang a big "year at a glance" calendar in a common area of your home and put a big red circle around the the exact day when her so-called year is up, and start marking off the passing days with a big black X. Go ahead and tell her that you are counting the days until she is available, and ask her if she has made any plans for that day?

Old 01-07-2017, 06:58 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,638,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
It never took me 6 months to get over a man. Just sayin'.

If I were you, I would hang a big "year at a glance" calendar in a common area of your home and put a big red circle around the the exact day when her so-called year is up, and start marking off the passing days with a big black X. Go ahead and tell her that you are counting the days until she is available, and ask her if she has made any plans for that day?
Agreed she's not keeping to the proverbial year that has been expressed. To be honoring the year is kind of silly IMO. She won't be keeping to the same calendar he is.

Have to pick when the pickings ripe. No more platter talk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships