Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 07:15 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,832,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Agreed she's not keeping to the proverbial year that has been expressed. To be honoring the year is kind of silly IMO. She won't be keeping to the same calendar he is.

Have to pick when the pickings ripe. No more platter talk.
If she is crushing on him too (which I suspect she might be) he has nothing to worry about. She will want to move/negotiate the date on the calendar. Game on! Then he can tease her and play "hard to get" by telling her that sorry but he won't disrespect her by dating her until her year is up. If she is anything like me, she hates being told "No" by a man and she's not used to it either. She'll probably end up ripping the calendar off the wall (and ripping his clothes off) before the month is out.

That's my prediction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2017, 08:30 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post

Have to pick when the pickings ripe. No more platter talk.

Old 01-07-2017, 10:16 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,746,293 times
I agree that one year is not set in stone. No one knows how long it will take to be able to move on to a new relationship. Probably for most people 6 months is plenty of time.

Old 01-08-2017, 12:22 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,930,133 times
Ask her out already, before someone else does. And then you feel even worse. "She said she needed a year! Now she's seeing this guy? And they're cuddling and making out in my living room? And I never even asked her out!"

And maybe I'm wrong, but didn't she tell you she needed a year (or whatever the timeline was) a while back? That could have changed since then. And if she really does like you, you'll see how fast that changes.

You'll have no one to blame but yourself if that hypthetical scenario I talked about does play out and you never ask her out before it does happen.

Old 01-08-2017, 11:54 AM

1,917 posts, read 1,281,664 times
On top of all this, she apparently thinks I'm attractive. That's hard to believe since I look NOTHING like her ex(almost opposite)! I think she was just being nice.

Old 01-08-2017, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
On top of all this, she apparently thinks I'm attractive. That's hard to believe since I look NOTHING like her ex(almost opposite)! I think she was just being nice.
People like different types of looks, you know. Besides, "attractive" includes non-physical features as well.

If this ^^^ is how you really feel, I'm also doubtful that this will go anywhere. I mean, if deep down inside you REALLY don't see how it could happen, it won't.

Old 01-08-2017, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
People like different types of looks, you know. Besides, "attractive" includes non-physical features as well.

If this ^^^ is how you really feel, I'm also doubtful that this will go anywhere. I mean, if deep down inside you REALLY don't see how it could happen, it won't.
I know. I dunno, maybe I'm just trying to talk myself out of it by trying to find negatives in it.

Old 01-08-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
I know. I dunno, maybe I'm just trying to talk myself out of it by trying to find negatives in it.
If that's the case, focus on the negatives of a fling with your roommate (awkward living situations, fights, drama, losing a friend). Don't make YOURSELF the negative.

There's no need to sacrifice your self-worth to survive this situation.

Old 01-08-2017, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
If that's the case, focus on the negatives of a fling with your roommate (awkward living situations, fights, drama, losing a friend). Don't make YOURSELF the negative.

There's no need to sacrifice your self-worth to survive this situation.
I'm having a hard time following you honestly lol. So you're telling me now to forget about it?

Old 01-08-2017, 12:24 PM

Quote:
I'm having a hard time following you honestly lol. So you're telling me now to forget about it?
No, I'm saying that if you want to focus on the negatives of the situation (and there are some negatives), then focus on the REAL negatives that I listed. Don't start tearing yourself down by saying you don't know why she's attracted to you, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships