Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 08:53 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,150,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That's insignificant to women if a guy has charm, and I don't mean in a sleazy way or a cliché way. If he's comfortable around women and has a knack for making them feel like they're the center of his attention, they won't notice whether he looks generic or whatever.
This is the only thing seemingly missing from your list of stats. I make less than six figures, no degree, never exercise and I can't remember if/when a lady has ever said I'm attractive. What women have told me in the past is that I have an easygoing charm and that I make them laugh. I'm older and married now but have had pretty and/or smart women by my side since I was 17. I married the one that was both pretty and smart.

I'm not sure that charm and humility is something that can be learned.

Old 01-15-2017, 08:57 PM

1,080 posts, read 837,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
this exaggerated focus on the gym, on looks in general, on fashion,
Yep. Work/income, too. It's as if he has created a checklist of things he thinks women want, and has worked really hard to achieve those things, so now he thinks he deserves a relationship with a certain specific type of woman because he can tick off all the items on the checklist. Unfortunately (for him), that's not how dating and relationships work.

Old 01-15-2017, 09:07 PM

217 posts, read 237,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Notice the date on the post. It's over 4 years old.

Old 01-15-2017, 10:38 PM

76 posts, read 36,791 times
Looking at everything in retrospect, I think my problem is a combination of me feeling entitled and then being scared of women/dating

Dating is hard work and no matter how awesome of a catch you may be, you have to approach a lot of women, put yourself out there, ask women out and be okay with rejection. I've felt that, because of my extreme success, women should be making it easy on me

When I actually say hi to random women, they smile back at me and generally receive me in a very positive way. Unfortunately as a man, if you don't need approach, you don't get dates

Old 01-15-2017, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarkPhotoBooth View Post
Yep. Work/income, too. It's as if he has created a checklist of things he thinks women want, and has worked really hard to achieve those things, so now he thinks he deserves a relationship with a certain specific type of woman because he can tick off all the items on the checklist. Unfortunately (for him), that's not how dating and relationships work.

I've dealt with a huge inferiority complex for early parts of my life as a result of being bullied/fat in high school

I pushed myself obsessively hard for success in everything to feel like I was good enough

Old 01-15-2017, 11:38 PM

1,080 posts, read 837,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roycethe59 View Post
Looking at everything in retrospect, I think my problem is a combination of me feeling entitled and then being scared of women/dating
Props to you for recognizing those things. That's a big step. Now work to change it.

Old 01-16-2017, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarkPhotoBooth View Post
Props to you for recognizing those things. That's a big step. Now work to change it.

I keep procrastinating...I think they say procrastination is a result of feeling like something is hopeless

i just have to remind myself that some woman out there would be very happy to have me as a part of her life. That's what that woman I was seeing last year tells me constantly- some woman will be very happy to have my babies (she can't have kids)

Old 01-16-2017, 12:26 AM

424 posts, read 236,571 times
It depends on what you want.

If you want a high quality woman (intelligent, good values, low n count, etc), well, good luck finding that online.

I'm dating a girl like this now (who is also significantly younger than I am) and I would never have met her on dating sites. Why? Because she's never been on them.

Old 01-16-2017, 12:43 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDistinguishedGentleman View Post
It depends on what you want.

If you want a high quality woman (intelligent, good values, low n count, etc), well, good luck finding that online.

I'm dating a girl like this now (who is also significantly younger than I am) and I would never have met her on dating sites. Why? Because she's never been on them.
Didn't you describe in another thread how you recently invested 8 months grooming your current girlfriend online?

Old 01-16-2017, 12:45 AM

4,523 posts, read 3,405,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Didn't you describe in another thread how you recently invested 8 months grooming your current girlfriend online?
Lol, yeah.

There are plenty of intelligent women with high values and low number count in OLD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships