Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 04:41 PM

76 posts, read 36,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You started a thread asking advice re: OLD. Just do it. Just post a profile. If all you get is solicitations from prostitutes, scams and bots, crawl back into your hole, and get a shrink. There's nothing more anyone can tell you.

I appreciate the candor

Old 01-15-2017, 04:43 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roycethe59 View Post
I appreciate the candor
Seriously, how much longer do you want us to go around in circles with you? There's nothing more anyone can say. There's no magic bullet. You have to do the hard work of digging down into your deep psyche with some professional support and guidance, and clean everything up in there, root out some baggage, get real, and then see how the world reacts to the revised You.

You'll kick yourself, thinking, "Why didn't I do this before? I was an idiot!"

Old 01-15-2017, 04:43 PM

Quote:
It wasn't a mediocre selfie. Your selfies look horrible. That one pic was magic. The hair was professionally done, the angle was amazing, and the coloring of your face looked like it might have been professionally made up (but not in an obvious way). either that, or the lighting where you took it was really good.

nothing there was professional whatsoever. Maybe just a decent angle/lightning

Wait until I have an actual professional take some quality pics of me with a good camera. Your mind will be absolutely blown. I'm not photogenic at all, I look so much better in real life

Old 01-15-2017, 04:45 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
nothing there was professional whatsoever. Maybe just a decent angle/lightning

Wait until I have an actual professional take some quality pics of me with a good camera. Your mind will be absolutely blown. I'm not photogenic at all, I look so much better in real life
Yeah, I know; some people just aren't photogenic. I can cut people slack on that score. But taking a good pic isn't going to solve your problem. You need a psychology makeover.

Old 01-15-2017, 04:49 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,441,605 times
Quote:
It wasn't a mediocre selfie. Your selfies look horrible. That one pic was magic. The hair was professionally done, the angle was amazing, and the coloring of your face looked like it might have been professionally made up (but not in an obvious way). either that, or the lighting where you took it was really good.
Are you talking about the metrosexual one where his eyebrows are plucked?

Old 01-15-2017, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Seriously, how much longer do you want us to go around in circles with you? There's nothing more anyone can say. There's no magic bullet. You have to do the hard work of digging down into your deep psyche with some professional support and guidance, and clean everything up in there, root out some baggage, get real, and then see how the world reacts to the revised You.
the 40 yo woman I was seeing did a lot of that for me

She helped my confidence immensely

Old 01-15-2017, 04:52 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,533,575 times
Mate if you're 28 then I'm next in line for the role of James Bond!!!! LMFAO

Old 01-15-2017, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I know; some people just aren't photogenic. I can cut people slack on that score. But taking a good pic isn't going to solve your problem. You need a psychology makeover.

the fact that I'm very good on dates/when I'm in a relationship with a woman is a big relief to me. If couldn't maintain the interest of a woman who wanted to be with me, I would be much much more concerned

At this point, I just need a few opportunities and I'll be fine

Old 01-15-2017, 04:55 PM

1,080 posts, read 838,848 times
Quote:
Please do not respond in this thread if your experiences are only in that 35-50+ crowd. I know online dating is pretty easy if you're a male dating women over 35 (so is real life dating for that matter, women in that age range are so much more eager to meet someone and actually put in a lot of effort to do so).

I want to meet a woman between the ages of 22 to 30 and more and more and more I want to try online dating simply because I love the idea of being able to see her hobbies/interests/work/history/whether or not she smokes/has kids/etc... and being able to pick on all those things is awesome.

The basic problem, as we all know, is that any cute 25 year old woman into working out and with no kids receives about a trillion messages a day so what am I looking at here in terms of difficulty curve? Is there even any real chance of getting a cute woman my age to want to go out with me?

My basic stats

- college educated
- no kids
- 5'10 180 very athletic
- 150+K a year income
- 100% want relationship, marriage, kids and family. Sex by itself means nothing to me
- no smoker (dealbreaker), casual drinker
- I'm about a 6/10 in pictures (maybe a 7-8 in real life). If I get a professional to help me with the pics, I might able to get up to a 7-8 in pictures. I'm thinking about doing that
- like to travel, have a fun lifestyle
- into sports, food, music, movies, etc....
- My profile will make me come across as hard working, ambitious, well spoken, intelligent, mature, etc... but I'm NOT an entertaining writer. it will not be funny or immensely entertaining. It may even be a little boring - this is my biggest concern along with look mediocre in pics.
- Same thing with messages- I can write an intelligent, unique message but it won't be hugely entertaining

Is that good enough to attract a quality 25 year old or will me not looking like a male model in pics and not being hugely entertaining writer doom me?

I want the truth
I was in my 30's when I started using dating sites, BUT several of the women I met and dated from the sites were in their 20's, so I can tell you they absolutely do exist. Clearly some of them prefer older men, but not all of them do.

My biggest concern for you in dating (whether you're meeting women online or elsewhere) isn't the availability of women in your age range. It's your focus on your "stats," your statement that your profile will likely be boring, and your reported lack of self esteem that are likely to be your limiting factors. Coming across as friendly and confident (by which I mean comfortable in your own skin, not arrogant) will help you far more than any of your "stats" will. Work on those things, and have a friend (preferably a female friend, but an intuitive, high-EQ male friend would also work) help you to write your profile in a way that comes across as fun rather than a stat sheet.

Last edited by SkylarkPhotoBooth; 01-15-2017 at 05:11 PM..

Old 01-15-2017, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Are you talking about the metrosexual one where his eyebrows are plucked?

I stopped doing that too. I just now trim the eyebrows to where it still looks masculine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships