Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 07:03 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,769,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roycethe59 View Post
so top 0.1% for my age range is not very successful, that's living in a cheap area. Most of the other top 0.1 likely live in Manhattan or California

so in real numbers, its like top 0.01 and yet you don't consider that very successful?
Link please? Where the heck is your area.

Old 01-15-2017, 07:04 PM

1,080 posts, read 838,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
That's the problem. He sounds like a narcissist.
That's what I'm trying to say in a politer way, when I suggest that he probably needs to address some personality variables if he wants better dating options. I agree with Ruth's recommendation of counseling, particularly since he can afford it. It would be a really good investment in his future.

Old 01-15-2017, 07:11 PM

$150K for a 28-year-old in the U.S. is 98th percentile. So he's exaggerating a little, but not a lot:

https://dqydj.com/income-percentile-by-age-calculator/

Again, though, I will state that income (just like looks) is not the issue here, OP. When I was 28 I think I made about $23K ($31K in today's dollars), and I'm no better looking than you, but I had dates and relationships with women to whom I was attracted. You can, too, but you're going to have to take a long look at yourself and make some changes.

Old 01-15-2017, 07:31 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,870,295 times
Quote:
but then again I'm a 28 year old guy in awesome shape who is extraordinarily successful with no kids. I should be dating the female version of that (minus the success part, I don't care how much money she makes)
As soon as you open your mouth and describe yourself it's a huge turnoff. If 99% of your comments describe yourself in above average superficiality, then that's who you can expect to attract. A female version of you who is in 'awesome' shape, according to her, very successful, according to her, and no kids. Do you see anything missing in this picture? Kindness, intelligence, a sense of humor....

It's exactly like posters who come here explaining how much more intelligent they are than the average person. When one is intelligent, attractive, nice, funny, any characteristic that is desirable, they don't have to convince anyone, we can decipher all by ourselves! And the majority have decided your demonstration of arrogance and superficiality here certainly has to spill over at some rate into your personal interactions in real life. Not attractive.

Old 01-15-2017, 07:33 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,337,227 times
There is nothing that really stands out about you in this description into sports, food, music, movies, etc..like 80 percent of the population,I skip most profiles like that.

Old 01-15-2017, 07:40 PM

76 posts, read 36,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Link please? Where the heck is your area.

midwest

income amount doesn't mean success or not anyways. Its about how well you manage your money. I'm totally awesome with finances. I have a paid off Lexus GS, nearly paid off house, big retirement fund, perfect credit, etc...

Old 01-15-2017, 07:44 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:
so top 0.1% for my age range is not very successful, that's living in a cheap area. Most of the other top 0.1 likely live in Manhattan or California

so in real numbers, its like top 0.01 and yet you don't consider that very successful?
Sure doesn't sound like you're successful. I'm guessing other people are feeling this as well.

A shrink can help, but you aren't humble enough to think you need it.

Old 01-15-2017, 07:48 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylarkphotobooth View Post

again, though, i will state that income (just like looks) is not the issue here, op. when i was 28 i think i made about $23k ($31k in today's dollars), and i'm no better looking than you, but i had dates and relationships with women to whom i was attracted. You can, too, but you're going to have to take a long look at yourself and make some changes.
*** Ding ding ding ding ding!

Old 01-15-2017, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
As soon as you open your mouth and describe yourself it's a huge turnoff. If 99% of your comments describe yourself in above average superficiality, then that's who you can expect to attract. A female version of you who is in 'awesome' shape, according to her, very successful, according to her, and no kids. Do you see anything missing in this picture? Kindness, intelligence, a sense of humor....

It's exactly like posters who come here explaining how much more intelligent they are than the average person. When one is intelligent, attractive, nice, funny, any characteristic that is desirable, they don't have to convince anyone, we can decipher all by ourselves! And the majority have decided your demonstration of arrogance and superficiality here certainly has to spill over at some rate into your personal interactions in real life. Not attractive.
Very well said. The best approach is to go about being yourself, and let others decide if you are successful, attractive, intelligent, funny, etc. Chances are some will think you are and some will think you're not. If you have to tell people that you are these things, though, most will think you're probably not. It has opposite of the intended effect, in other words. I guess in the social media age everyone is trying to market and brand themselves, but authenticity and humility are still more attractive to most, in my experience.

Old 01-15-2017, 07:49 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
. I'm totally awesome
Again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships