Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2017, 08:52 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,520,276 times

Advertisements

It's certainly real enough in some people's minds for sure and others the league structure doesn't exist.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 09:00 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,723,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
It was, and she's an old woman, cut her a little slack.
Guess what? Women like men who can laugh at themselves.
She had a laugh at my expense. Big difference. Age is irrevalant.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:14 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,170,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Here's a simple truth. When you truly love someone they are beautiful to you. Their physical looks cease to matter because you love the whole person, not just the outer shell and if they love you as well they will see you the same way.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:17 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,862,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
She had a laugh at my expense. Big difference. Age is irrevalant.
No, it's all how you look at it! Haven't you ever made a little joke to try and make someone laugh when they're being self-deprecating? That's how I read it. That along with her user name, telling you what time it is bc you said women won't give you the time of day...it's kind of like flirting. Lighten up

Old 01-27-2017, 10:00 AM

636 posts, read 392,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
I think to "A BIT" of an extent, yes. For example, I'm an average looking guy, and my chances of getting with someone like Scarlett Johansson (recently got divorced as well :P) are pretty much nil, lol.

That might be an extreme example, but something like that is where leagues definitely exist.
What do you mean by someone "like" Scarlett Johansson?
A celebrity?
Yes, it's unlikely. There are, relatively,few of them. Plus access; you're unlikely to meet.

Old 01-27-2017, 11:20 AM

676 posts, read 528,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
This is not funny. You know that was a figure of speech. This isn't a laughing matter.
Certainly not. Not being privy to the time of day can wreak havoc on an individual. You might try asking men for the time of day or investing in a good watch.

Old 01-27-2017, 03:38 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,631,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 786man View Post
I'm not the greatest looking guy (I have a thread about my physical flaw) but I'm also interested in dating women. I speak with my female cousins, and they told me that it's because I'm "way outta my league". I shouldn't be getting at 10s when I myself am a 3. I wanted to know, do you guys feel the same way? I mean, I'm already a business owner and building wealth at age 18 and when I do become successful (bringing positive energy to myself lol) I'll have my pick of the litter when it comes to women, but at the same time do I want a woman that doesn't love me for me? How do you guys feel about it?
Yes, some of these hot, young supermodel types wouldn't want anything to do with me without a couple hundred dollars to spend for a half hour of their time.

I don't want anything to do with a number of women also. It works both ways.

Old 01-27-2017, 07:40 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,405,303 times
If you don't want someone to use you for your money, don't lead with your wallet.

I get tired of hearing some of these guys denigrating themselves for being a 3 or whatever. If people put the effort into it, they can clean up nicely. Helena Rubenstein once said that there are no ugly women, only lazy ones. I think that the same is true for men. Develop your own sense of personal style and wear clothes that fit properly. Get a haircut that accentuates the positive. And do not underestimate a good cologne. I love it when guys wear cologne because it tells me that they made the effort to go out and get something that makes them smell nice. I am not a complete weirdo and I don't think that I am the only one who feels that way. If it's a weight issue, eat right and exercise. It will make you feel better anyway if you focus on health and not looking like an Adonis. Present your best self.

BTW, can anyone explain to me just what makes someone a 10?

Old 01-27-2017, 07:43 PM

52,209 posts, read 52,636,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swgirl926 View Post

BTW, can anyone explain to me just what makes someone a 10?
IDK, too hard to quantify and everyone has differing things that they like. I've like women that other men had zero interest in and vice versa, in other words it's all subjective.

Old 01-27-2017, 07:49 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,405,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
IDK, too hard to quantify and everyone has differing things that they like. I've like women that other men had zero interest in and vice versa, in other words it's all subjective.
It's just weird to me because 10 to me implies perfection. Not one of us is perfect. If we are talking just about physical attraction, all of us have less than flattering moments, when we are sick, startled out of bed, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships