Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 05:33 PM

186 posts, read 128,802 times

Advertisements

I have social anxiety and 0 experience, never had a girlfriend, don't have a sister, never even had a female friend, nothing. Today at work I came back from break and was working then I noticed a girl I am attracted to was staring at me smiling and I just stared back with no facial expression like it was before I saw her. I did this for 5 seconds wondering why she was smiling at me. Nobody was behind me and I looked at her eyes, everytime I look at her I realize how beuatiful she looks, amazing. She was smiling like she just found out I like her but I know she already had these thoughts cause once years ago a guy told her in front of me that I like her and she smiled and I looked down mad cause this guy was making me uncomfortable and felt he was making fun of me. I always look down when I see her. Maybe earlier today she saw me looking at her butt when I saw her passing. Only 1 time I had a conversation with her years ago causeI felt pressured cause she was working next to me and the same guy was yelling ( before he told her I like her ) that I was going to talk to her- mocking cause I dont talk, she smiled at.this btw so I felt that guy made me look foolish so I felt I had to prove him wrong and I did. The bad part about looking at her is she might say hi to me like she did many times and I still look down walking. What if other people see me talking to her? They did before but if I do it more and more it will put ideas in people's heads and then they can laugh at that with each other. What could her staring at me and smiling mean? Is she making fun of me in her mind due to my social awkwardness or something else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2017, 05:38 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Only she can answer your questions about her. Try asking her! I doubt that she bites.

Old 02-03-2017, 05:44 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Social awkwardness, inability to read body language/facial expressions, literal thinking and overanalysis of insignificant details.

Welcome to the forum! There are many like you here. Please feel free not to take any of our advice.

Old 02-03-2017, 05:48 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerInstinct View Post
I have social anxiety and 0 experience, never had a girlfriend, don't have a sister, never even had a female friend, nothing. Today at work I came back from break and was working then I noticed a girl I am attracted to was staring at me smiling and I just stared back with no facial expression like it was before I saw her. I did this for 5 seconds wondering why she was smiling at me. Nobody was behind me and I looked at her eyes, everytime I look at her I realize how beuatiful she looks, amazing. She was smiling like she just found out I like her but I know she already had these thoughts cause once years ago a guy told her in front of me that I like her and she smiled and I looked down mad cause this guy was making me uncomfortable and felt he was making fun of me. I always look down when I see her. Maybe earlier today she saw me looking at her butt when I saw her passing. Only 1 time I had a conversation with her years ago causeI felt pressured cause she was working next to me and the same guy was yelling ( before he told her I like her ) that I was going to talk to her- mocking cause I dont talk, she smiled at.this btw so I felt that guy made me look foolish so I felt I had to prove him wrong and I did. The bad part about looking at her is she might say hi to me like she did many times and I still look down walking. What if other people see me talking to her? They did before but if I do it more and more it will put ideas in people's heads and then they can laugh at that with each other. What could her staring at me and smiling mean? Is she making fun of me in her mind due to my social awkwardness or something else?
It means you should've smiled back...

And you should not worry about what other people think. You are attracted to her, not them.

This whole thing means you are way over-overthinking let alone overthinking it. Get out of your head and into...

...oh, never mind.

Old 02-03-2017, 05:57 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,105,782 times
Say, "Hi," to her. She is a person just like you. If she likes you, you will find that out. If she isn't interested in you "that way", then you won't be in any different spot than you are now. Getting out of your comfort zone can be good for you.

As far as co-workers talking about it, they talk about everyone anyway.

All the lady whom you are interested in can do is say no. You have a 50/50 chance. For this to have been going on for years, it could be that she has the same "fear" that you do.

Old 02-03-2017, 06:05 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
Best way to get over your fears is to confront them.

Say something to her.

Old 02-03-2017, 06:13 PM

what if I tell her she looks beautiful and then she tells the supervisor I sexually harassed her?

Old 02-03-2017, 06:23 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Then I guess you'd lose your job. Next question?

Old 02-03-2017, 06:30 PM

343 posts, read 726,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerInstinct View Post
what if I tell her she looks beautiful and then she tells the supervisor I sexually harassed her?
What if you just tell her she looks like a really nice person to you. And maybe she would like to grab a cup of coffee or a snack and chat a little. That's not harassment and she might say yes.

Old 02-03-2017, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddyterp View Post
What if you just tell her she looks like a really nice person to you. And maybe she would like to grab a cup of coffee or a snack and chat a little. That's not harassment and she might say yes.
well, I dont know about meeting outside the job, that's too extreme for someone like me who has severe social anxiety and I'm the type of person who likes to go home after work instead of going out in public, what I thought about is chatting with her on facebook messenger, thats the best way to know her and to find out if its worth spending my energy talking to her in person, so far I know she is vegetarian like I am, I never been on a date and probably never will. I am going to be 33 this year, too old now. I don't even know the basics. I don't know what the hell I will be doing. Last year I met a girl online who had social anxiety like me and she lived in the same town I do so I sent him a message then got to know her and then we planned to meet... it was the most stressful week ever, I was so nervous. I went to meet her at the museum as she agreed and when I was arriving I saw she sent me a message 30 minutes before we were going to meet telling me she couldnt go anymore due to homework. I checked her message on my phone on skype and didnt see anything, even 2 hours before that so I thought she just knew to go. Then she apologized, etc... I was so frustrated I had spent money on the ticket and left only after 15 minutes. Waste of my time and waste of money and especially because I had brought new clothes. I only chatted with her a few more times after that on the phone. I am glad I didn't meet her. It was only going to cause more stress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships