Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 08:03 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,984,194 times

Advertisements

I get a one off joke about someone else as I have done it. My wife will do it as well but we both know it's in jest and never about our family that's just over the line.

The putting his hands on you... Again if it's a light spanking then it can be playful or sexual. If it was neither of those two then a clear sign of abusive tendencies.

I would leave the relationship asap based upon the info you have provided. Have a male friend or family member at the ready in case he violently reacts to that news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2017, 08:16 AM

6 posts, read 4,754 times
LLCNYC

This isn't a joke nor is it completely made up.... Honestly I wish there was no truth here

Old 02-04-2017, 09:42 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sben326 View Post
LLCNYC

This isn't a joke nor is it completely made up.... Honestly I wish there was no truth here
Where are your parents? Do you have any relatives or friends that could take you in?

Old 02-04-2017, 09:46 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,725,991 times
And you're in love with this guy?

Okay.

Nothing we can say is going to convince you to do anything about this situation. You stayed through so much abuse so I don't believe that there is anything we can say to convince you otherwise. It's up to you whether you keep putting up with this or not. If it were me, I would've been gone after the FIRST offense.

Old 02-04-2017, 09:57 AM

2 posts, read 4,257 times
If your asking isn't it already to stressful, to hurtful, to suspicious. You don't need proof you need alone time to build your self esteem. What would you say if it was a TV show? At the very least be honest with yourself. Treat yourself better then others will.

Old 02-05-2017, 05:13 PM

17,537 posts, read 39,154,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
And you're in love with this guy?

Okay.

Nothing we can say is going to convince you to do anything about this situation. You stayed through so much abuse so I don't believe that there is anything we can say to convince you otherwise. It's up to you whether you keep putting up with this or not. If it were me, I would've been gone after the FIRST offense.
What she said ^^^.

Old 02-05-2017, 05:24 PM

50,382 posts, read 64,021,617 times
I don't care if it's your sister. He's an ass.

Old 02-06-2017, 08:18 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,579,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sben326 View Post
If anyone has any advice for me it would be greatly appreciated. Let me start by saying there is a bit of an age difference between me and my fiancé I'm 27 and he's 38 and our relationship was rough for awhile last yr he has always made sexual comments about other women and he was very disrespectful towards me for a while there calling me names an putting me down but I chose to stay and we got through it even after he put his hands on me... But he started making comments about my younger sister that I laughed off at first he would say how she's his number 2 an she got some big boobs and at some point I had gotten sick of it and tore Into him telling him how it was disrespectful to me and that it hurt me an he had stopped for a while anyway... But after a few month he started with it again but this time the "jokes" were worse than before... She's pregnant now and he keeps joking that she's pregnant with his baby and that if my mom was hot he'd put a baby in her too... At first I laughed but it seems to have become a constant every day thing an it's really just too much...he just laughs about it.. How doesn't he see the pain in my eyes... I'm really starting to think he has some hidden desire to sleep with my sister or he want her baby to be his... SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME before I lose my mind!!!! THANK YOU
How did he get a second date with you? How did he become your boyfriend? How and why did you say "yes" to his proposal. Isn't being alone 10000 times better than being with someone like that? Is being alone that bad? Do keep in mind that while being with him, you are losing opportunity to be with the right one.

Old 02-06-2017, 10:19 PM

630 posts, read 1,049,277 times
Girl he's a narcissist

Old 02-07-2017, 06:23 AM

6 posts, read 4,754 times
True colors weren't shown until I was already so far in and kind of stuck everything else was so subtle I didn't catch what he was doing. But I've reached out to my brother who lives about 40 miles away to see if he'll help me... Just waiting for a response and then I'll be setting a plan in motion.... I can't do this crap anymore I don't deserve it and neither do my girls... I have to stop the constant cycle of abuse in my life... I don't want them to think this is ok... I watched it growin up and I know what it did to me I don't want my babies to grow up feeling that way... Thank you everyone there will be an update soon...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships