Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 01:31 PM

33 posts, read 38,944 times

Advertisements

So I met this guy through POF.
We went out didn't feel one way or the other about him until the end of the date. He's 6'5" and I went hug him goodbye & say thank you. He was surprised & oh so grateful for the hug. He was able to lift me off my feet with one arm. I'm not a small girl so even hotter.
He talked a lot about sex. I wasn't ready because my last experience was devastating & so was the one before last. Plus we just met. I also asked for an std panel. He agreed but never got it. So 4 months go by before we see each other again. I tried to break it off in the second month. He kept claiming work was getting in the way. So around thanksgiving, we were moving towards seeing each other again. But a week went by & I reached out. He said his grandfather died. So a week or so later we got together. We had plans. He didn't confirm the day before or the day of. He just texted, I said yes (we had loose plans) half hour later he was at my doorstep. I'm woman with hair & makeup so I wasn't ready. I invited him in. We decided to stay in we talked, played dominoes & watched tv. He went to third base first. It was one way my favor. Things were weird afterwards. Then we we made out & he left. I initiated all texts & calls through xmas. Then I threw in the towel. He says he's submissive. Likes being told what to do & desires a controlling woman. I'm not sure if I'm that person. So we went from him speaking to me every day to not hearing from xmas. It's a snow day where I'm at and all I want to do is reach out to him. Talk me out of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2017, 01:35 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
You said it yourself. He's not the right guy for you. And you have many doubts. So listen to your gut. Don't be manipulated into another round of non-reciprocal oral sex.

Old 02-09-2017, 01:43 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericksandy1 View Post
So I met this guy through POF.
We went out didn't feel one way or the other about him until the end of the date. He's 6'5" and I went hug him goodbye & say thank you. He was surprised & oh so grateful for the hug. He was able to lift me off my feet with one arm. I'm not a small girl so even hotter.
He talked a lot about sex. I wasn't ready because my last experience was devastating & so was the one before last. Plus we just met. I also asked for an std panel. He agreed but never got it. So 4 months go by before we see each other again. I tried to break it off in the second month. He kept claiming work was getting in the way. So around thanksgiving, we were moving towards seeing each other again. But a week went by & I reached out. He said his grandfather died. So a week or so later we got together. We had plans. He didn't confirm the day before or the day of. He just texted, I said yes (we had loose plans) half hour later he was at my doorstep. I'm woman with hair & makeup so I wasn't ready. I invited him in. We decided to stay in we talked, played dominoes & watched tv. He went to third base first. It was one way my favor. Things were weird afterwards. Then we we made out & he left. I initiated all texts & calls through xmas. Then I threw in the towel. He says he's submissive. Likes being told what to do & desires a controlling woman. I'm not sure if I'm that person. So we went from him speaking to me every day to not hearing from xmas. It's a snow day where I'm at and all I want to do is reach out to him. Talk me out of it.
Seems like he is not very interested.

I don't see much passion or love in your post. Just desperation from your side to have SOMEBODY. I would keep looking for a better guy who gives back what you put in.

Old 02-09-2017, 01:56 PM

622 posts, read 396,209 times
You deserve better, hon. If you're snowed in, go look for someone new on POF. Leave this guy in the past.

Old 02-09-2017, 02:08 PM

33 posts, read 38,944 times
Sex makes me clingy desperate & a little crazy. Which is why I ask for std panels. I don't think someone would disclose their medical history/background if they weren't planning to stick around. Yeah I know he's not interested. Maybe he's even lying. No I'm not in love. I'm definitely in like. I'm definitely in lust. He's the first one I felt that way about in 5 years. I'm still looking. I picked up a few prospects in OKC. But 6'5". The tallest I been with; before him was about 6 foot. I don't even think I came up to his armpit. I'm not going to get on the merry go round of on/off again. Or expect things to change. I just want to reach out. I know he probably might not respond but I still want to do it.

Old 02-09-2017, 02:12 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Sex makes me clingy desperate & a little crazy. Which is why I ask for std panels. I don't think someone would disclose their medical history/background if they weren't planning to stick around. Yeah I know he's not interested. Maybe he's even lying. No I'm not in love. I'm definitely in like. I'm definitely in lust. He's the first one I felt that way about in 5 years. I'm still looking. I picked up a few prospects in OKC. But 6'5". The tallest I been with; before him was about 6 foot. I don't even think I came up to his armpit. I'm not going to get on the merry go round of on/off again. Or expect things to change. I just want to reach out. I know he probably might not respond but I still want to do it.
Dating sucks. Sorry, Andy ....

Old 02-09-2017, 02:13 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Nothing good can come from that, hon.

Find something ... ANYTHING ... else to distract yourself. You are at a low point, and sending out a message like that will only bring you lower.

Old 02-09-2017, 02:26 PM

61,729 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Quote:
Talk me out of it.
What about short and sweet: don't waste your time. He is not interested.
And I wonder why are you so interested in a guy like him? You spent almost a year on and off chasing him, and accomplished nothing...
Let it go.

Old 02-09-2017, 02:32 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Who cares how tall he is? I've dated close to 5' and all the way up to almost 7'. Height matters not, much more important is - do you want to be a dom? If you are expecting to be the sub, then clearly you are not well matched with this guy. I think he made it pretty clear to you. That's what you should be focused on, especially since you mentioned how sex has such a huge impact on you.

Old 02-09-2017, 05:35 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Std chart?! Hmm... Never heard that request before.

He just wants the boom boom. It's obvious it's not a good match.

Move on....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships