Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 08:29 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyInFairfax View Post
...there are clearly some preexisting trust issues here, which is why he is so upset...
Hmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serapio View Post
I trust her, I'm certain she didn't cheat on me...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2017, 08:36 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,011,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Hmm.
Hmmm:

Quote:
"I mean for all I know there was no Andrea, maybe it was just her and the lawyer, who knows?

Old 03-01-2017, 09:30 PM

169 posts, read 134,447 times
LOL at the 2 posts above me, but OP, you are being such a drama king. Just saying...

I think you are just addicted to the drama. Only attracted to things that'll bring you trauma.

Beat.

Old 03-01-2017, 10:18 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,240,340 times
OP, were I dating a woman who acted like you have been, I'd be thinking it was time to make her an ex. You need to apologize and get your head straight. Your attitude was/is all wrong, and I'd sincerely recommend talking to a counselor -- for your own benefit. If you don't change your thinking, I'm afraid you're never going to have a successful romantic relationship with anyone.

Old 03-01-2017, 11:09 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,154,615 times
she aint your wife, you guys are dating, you accept that she travels to work , but need to be on top of her where abouts after hours. It is ok to be concerned, it is ok to be insecure about it, she will probably do the same if the shoe were in the other foot?

If you guys dont live together, are not engaged, you need to let it go and have some trust. you cant put a gps on her, and she could be sitting in another mans lap while she is speaking to you, even during daylight hours.

Old 03-01-2017, 11:14 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,259,761 times
Quote:
I would have liked her to tell me, that's all. I didn't say don't go, but if it was me and someone invites me to a party at 12am after I've said goodnight to my gf, I'm not gonna go.
So you expect her to ask your permission to go somewhere even though she is in her 30's and single?
You also have no idea if you would go to an impromptu party invitation or not. You can say that you wouldn't however, until you are in the moment and the situation is presented you have no idea what you will do.
It appears you are looking for something to be upset about and you found it now you are behaving like a child instead of a mature adult.

Old 03-01-2017, 11:35 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,455,752 times
The issues as far as I can see is you are worried about how personally involved she has become with other males who work closely with her. This accompanied with the way she would never have mentioned or broached the topic of her socializing on her own with you unless provoked in to doing so is painting a picture of a person you should be wary of placing full trust in.

If I had to spitball and boil it down to basics and guess why this is a much larger issue for you. I would say you feel like she isn't as guarded as she should be towards other males and "work" is complicating things because it offers up a steady flow of new and fimilar people for potential bonds to form with.

You need to nail down EXACTLY why this is an issue for you instead of boiling it down to "I feel you should tell me" things. You need to give her the information needed to understand why this creates a negative or worrisome doubts in your mind.

Until she has the information needed to understand why such a boundary should exist, she is not likely to even question her own behavior or care to.

You're worried about cause and effect, she is only interested in following her interests...you have to make those two perspectives mirror each other FOR each other.

This is not going to happen through accusations and heated arguments
This boils down to a respect issue that is rooted in expectations.

Last edited by rego00123; 03-01-2017 at 11:49 PM..

Old 03-01-2017, 11:40 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,596,615 times
So much hate for the OP. The girl is not "single", there is some respect needed in a relationship. Letting a partner know you are going out partying is the least she could do. Sounds like she's hinding something.

Old 03-02-2017, 12:59 AM

914 posts, read 738,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
So much hate for the OP. The girl is not "single", there is some respect needed in a relationship. Letting a partner know you are going out partying is the least she could do. Sounds like she's hinding something.
Where was she hiding it? OP said he was going to bed. She was then invited to a party. Should she have phoned, and potentially woken him up, to ask for his permission to attend? When OP texted her again, she told him where she was heading. So secretive!!!! Not.

Old 03-02-2017, 01:41 AM

1,020 posts, read 809,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Ummm, does she know that this is what the OP requires in a relationship. Unless she knows that's his expectation & she agrees to let him know her whereabouts at all times, she is not being disrespectful.

I'm married & my DH & I respect each other tremendously, but we don't have any rules that require either of us to let the other know our whereabouts at all times, even if it is out partying. My DH would be annoyed that I woke him up to tell him. Respect in a relationship is about what the people in the relationship agree it is. In this case, it sounds like OP didn't clue his partner in, as to what his expectations are. So she could tell him to go jump in a lake. Or acquiesce, if she doesn't mind controlling, insecure men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships